April 20, 2014 | 1022 users online

Mascara - Hard Candy - Lash Ink - 4 Day Lash Stain

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Peony4ever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is long-lasting, lengthening, thickening! I use this with or without my falsies and both effects look picture-perfect.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by mmmaggie

Lash Ink I thought would be perfect. I don't need length so lets just dye my lashes and that would be that... or so I thought. Unfortunately, the classy packaging does not reflect the product. The mascara is super light and think like an ink but unfortunately it runs like ink too. The mascara doesn't stain either... so not long lasting at all. Nice idea but a failed Gimmick

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by MoniqueBrewerCaliGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this a lot even though I wash this off in just one day. It darkens and thickens my thin lashes. It is very cheap as I got this at Walmart.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by DeborahTsai

I have very short and thin lashes and this mascara really darkens my lashes up. I don't want to use false eyelashes every day so this is a best solution for a daily quick fix.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2014 5:25:00 AM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried hard to like this product. I have very watery eyes so I am always trying to find the "perfect" mascara solution for my bottom lashes. Let me say that this is not really a mascara, just a stain. It will do NOTHING for length, volume or curl. I used it for a couple of weeks and noticed that it did not last for an entire 4 days. It did not smear or run, but it was kind of flakey. It was possible to remove it with makeup remover. I tried to use it to color my upper lashes as well and found that it was just a mess. The formula is very liquid-y, and when I tried to wipe the excess product from the brush it made a huge mess by spashing everywhere. It is not buildable. Even if you let the first layer completely dry the second layer will clump like you woudn't believe. Also, I am a belly sleeper and when I woke up my eye lashes were mangled in a curly/clumpy mess from this product. It is not worth messing with.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by cupcakeluver

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really attracted to the punky and cute packaging. However, the product is so-so. It darkens the lashes but doesn't really lengthen or thicken. It is very hard to wash off but I think that is the idea of this masacara.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2014 5:24:00 AM More reviews by Tp0819

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This stuff gives you zero length or volume. It just darkens your lashes, which is what I expected, but since it said it was a "stain," I thought it would be a very thin liquid type consistency, but of course it has the consistency of a mascara, so you look like you have mascara on but your eyelashes are super short and thin and get clumpy if you use too much.
Not impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by agconnors

I'm back! So last night I went to the Marine Corps Ball and I wore lash ink and false lashes. my eye makeup stated so perfect. I didn't feel the drying like I did the first time nor itchiness. after doing they eye-shadow I placed the false lashes and then used the lash ink. my husband said he didn't notice I was wearing it until I asked and it looked beautiful. the package is Ok I guess they want to distinguish it from their other mascara products.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by kimberlyqy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This worked for 2 days, not four days. I like the coverage and the volume it added. Not bad for a Walmart brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by JRMT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think this product definitely has its place in the market. The idea of a lash stain is fairly new to me. I think I tried Neutrogena's one years ago and wasn't very impressed. I think anyone trying this product has to keep in mind that you really shouldn't compare it to mascara, because they have different purposes. This product is not meant to build a lot of length or volume, it is meant to darken your existing lashes. Now that I've said that piece, I will get on with it.

I absolutely loved this product!!! I am a girl who wears makeup whenever I leave the house for anything. But I also like to do outdoorsy stuff and I feel like carrying around a bunch of makeup while camping, backpacking, etcetera is really silly. As I was preparing for a 4-day backpacking trip, I was looking for options in makeup that would allow me to pack as little as possible and I came across this product. I didn't have time to do a test drive, so I just went for it. Reading all the claims on the packaging about its longevity and indestructible nature made me think there is no way it is going to do all that, but it actually did.

Application: After curling my lashes, I used a clean Q-tip to wipe my lashes the best I could. (I read that any oils or lotion can prevent it from adhering to your lashes properly.) I applied this with a gentle hand and more in straight strokes than the typical wiggle back and forth method like you would a mascara. I then used a clean wand from an old mascara to comb it out and separate the lashes. After doing both eyes this way I did it again the exact same way for a second coat. Make sure to wipe off any product you get on your skin immediately as it is hard to get off. My lashes are pretty light in color naturally, so this product just made it look like I had natural looking long, dark lashes. I wasn't trying to look like I had tons of mascara on, so this was perfect.

Testing it out:
Day 1: drove 2 hours with the windows down, then hiked up a very steep mountain with lots of bush-wacking with a pack on. By the time we got to the top I was super sweaty. I wiped my face down with a makeup wipe that night.
Day 2: Woke up in the morning to nice, dark looking lashes. NO flaking at all. More hiking. Went to a waterfall. Stood under the water in the waterfall for quite a while, then went swimming. The lash tint stayed put. No running or flaking off. Then more hiking/sweating. Wiped face down with a makeup wipe before bed.
Day 3: More hiking/sweating. Lashes looking a little less perky than day 1, but still dark and no flaking under the eyes.
Day 4: Came home from backpacking and drove with the windows down for 2.5 hours. Lashes starting to look a little dry like they would if you slept in mascara, but nothing horrible. The stain had worn off of the tips of the lashes, but still looked dark at the base. I still haven't noticed any flaking.
*I never reapplied the product after day 1 and never used mascara over the top.

While I wouldn't compare this to a great mascara in terms of great looking lashes, I love this for low maintenance beauty. I would highly recommend this for anyone who wants dark looking lashes for camping, going to the beach or gym, running a race, etc. This would also be great for staying over at your boyfriend's (or girlfriend's) place if you don't want him/her to see you with no makeup on. This way you could wash your face and still look a bit put together with just tinted moisturizer and lip balm/gloss.

For anyone who has naturally dark lashes that are long or thick, I don't think you will get anything out of this, so don't waste your money. Just enjoy your naturally amazing lashes.