Hard Candy Lash Ink - 4 Day Lash Stain

2.6

on 7/29/2015 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I looooooove this mascara to death ! Combine with the Covergirl Lashblast Volume mascara in the waterproof formulation, this is my absolute fave mascara. I don't know what is wrong with my lashes but every other mascara on the market either smudge or flake , and I'm not even joking I've tried from high end mascara to drugstore ones and neither does the trick. With this mascara you have to be careful because the brush doesn't really have bristle so it's easy to get clumpy lashes, that's why when I apply it, I use instead the brush that came with the Rimmel Scandaleyes one. It's super waterproof, but can easily come off with a regular make up remover, it really lengthen my lashes and give me great volume that last all day long ! It's a must in my every day make up for sure

on 6/17/2015 12:18:00 PM

I usually like hard candy's products but this was a complete dud for me...i bought it thinking it would stain my eyelashes black and keep them black for a few days and i was super stoked about it bc i have white blonde hair that i color black....lol i know your saying whyyy??? But i never liked my white hair...so my eyelashes are a light brown color so when i have no makeup on they can be hard to see and i wanted my eyelashes to match my hair..well this was a disaster...i applied one coat and did darken my lashes alot and i liked that part but thats about where it ended when i applied foundation the stain ran and ended up under my eyes and when i got into the shower holy cow i had this stuff all over my face and it was pretty hard getting it off my face and it all washed off my eyelashes...i tried it again this time applying a few coats...nope same thing happened expect i had spider lashes this time from it clumping up...as of now i feel like this product is horrible but im gonna give it one last go im gonna do some research on this product and see if theres some learning curve to it that im not doing...if i can get it to work ill update my review..oh i got the color ink black

BUYER BEWARE, THIS PRODUCT IS MOST DEFINITELY NOT ALL IT IS CRACKED UP TO BE (TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, just about sums up description)... !!! False advertising: a down right LUMPY, CLUMPY, MESSY waste of money and time... ;[ !!!

on 2/24/2015 11:59:00 PM

I am so & so on this product. I love that it made my lashes dark and u can see them from a mile away if u apply multiple coats it will clump up make lashes hard and pointy like a needle so dont keep on adding extra its a stain not mascara. As for the 4day stain I dont keep this lash stain on for more than a day as I am the type to take off alll makeup when I jump in the shower so I wouldnt know if it lasts that long it is tricky and hard to take off but patience some coconut oil and a cotton shirt that you dont use anymore u can make it into a rag I first close my lids and add the cocnut oil and rub softly and leave on for a few.seconds then I grab my shirt and soak a part of it in warm melted coconut oil then I grab my lashes puting my pointer and thumb underneath where I soakd it and grab my lashes with the shirt rubn on them gently twistn ur fingers back and forth not so hard and do not pull on them it take patience but doing this I was able to completely take of every bit of the stain and I happen to lay layers of coat to my lashes with this stain so its quite thick but I got thru it the coconut oil also leave them feeling brand new as if you havent ever used this product. I for one would buy again for those party/crazy nights

on 1/31/2015 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Lash stain??? oh please this is a bona-fide waterproof mascara that makes your eyelashes spidery,crispy and in the process of removing the product (no way in hell would I allowed to leave this on for 4 days) Lost many eyelashes. .... avoid avoid avoid!!!!!!!!

on 11/12/2014 9:29:00 PM

If you are looking for waterproof mascara, this is the stuff to use. I use it for marathons and Ironman's, and it holds up. Not the best to make big lashes but it doesn't budge. Little watery

on 9/4/2014 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This did not work as stated. It did not tint my lashes it was more like a cheap waterproof mascara.
My lashes clumped easily and it did not last even a full day.
It was still on but it was not flattering. It also was not enough to skip the need for mascara, and if I tried to use mascara on top of this it was a clumpy mess. not good.

on 8/8/2014 4:11:00 PM

I hate writing a negative review about anything (especially after reading so many positive ones about this product), but this was terrible.

My lashes are very long (thanks to faithful use of Revitalash), but they are very fine and light in color. I was looking for something that would "tint" or "stain" them and I thought this might be a winner.

In my experience, it seems this is basically waterproof mascara - not at all what I wanted nor is it what the product name suggests. The application was very messy and made my lashes clump together, even after wiping the excess off the wand.

You never want to "feel" your makeup while wearing it, but I was constantly aware of this mascara on my lashes and was counting down the seconds until I could remove it. Unfortunately, when I finally took it off after wearing for only a few hours, loads of my lashes broke off from brittleness and a very noticeable amount came out! No fun trying to disguise bald spots in your lash line.

I'm glad this works for some, but it did not work for me. Won't be repurchasing.

on 7/10/2014 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This mascara takes a bit of getting used to, it is very watery and the brush is not very good at separating the lashes individually, however using an eyelash comb after a light application from not quite the root to tip makes it all worth it. It stays incredibly well, even with rubbing, and comes off very well when I use coconut oil. I usually do a light application then brush through so that all my eyelashes get a coat from root to tip, then move to the other eye and then reapply once the first coat is dry (usually after I have finished combing through the other eye) and brush again. It takes longer than regular mascara but has a great payoff. Another thing I will add is that it looks good until about day three. I wouldn't go a full four days unless I was camping and away from makeup. Overall a good product though tricky to get the hang of.

on 7/4/2014 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Hard Candy was my first experience with a lash stain, so of course I had no idea what to expect. I have light skin, and my lashes are very light also. I LOVED the way this product darkened my lashes enough that I could see that they actually existed ;D. It totally lived up to its claim that it lasts for 4 days without smearing or flaking. Even though I am a belly sleeper, I woke up each day without having to touch up. I even noticed that my lashes felt soft, not hard and cakey when I wore it. I had a very natural, clean makeup look all week, And my makeup routine went so much faster, and easier.
On the other hand, removing this product is just a little more difficult, as you can't just wash it off, And after researching several different ( and expensive) products with spotty reviews, it hit me.... Instead of spending lots of money on an expensive, commercially made product, just use plain old coconut oil on a washcloth, or baby wipe. It does take a few minutes, and don't tug or pull on your lashes, because you WILL pull them out, But with just a little patience, the coconut oil takes it right off, a jar will last for a VERY long time, and my delicate eye area is instantly moisturized.