November 29, 2014 | 969 users online

Mascara - Hard Candy - Lash Ink - 4 Day Lash Stain

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by irngrl27

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you are looking for waterproof mascara, this is the stuff to use. I use it for marathons and Ironman's, and it holds up. Not the best to make big lashes but it doesn't budge. Little watery

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

This did not work as stated. It did not tint my lashes it was more like a cheap waterproof mascara.
My lashes clumped easily and it did not last even a full day.
It was still on but it was not flattering. It also was not enough to skip the need for mascara, and if I tried to use mascara on top of this it was a clumpy mess. not good.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by justamurmur

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I hate writing a negative review about anything (especially after reading so many positive ones about this product), but this was terrible.

My lashes are very long (thanks to faithful use of Revitalash), but they are very fine and light in color. I was looking for something that would "tint" or "stain" them and I thought this might be a winner.

In my experience, it seems this is basically waterproof mascara - not at all what I wanted nor is it what the product name suggests. The application was very messy and made my lashes clump together, even after wiping the excess off the wand.

You never want to "feel" your makeup while wearing it, but I was constantly aware of this mascara on my lashes and was counting down the seconds until I could remove it. Unfortunately, when I finally took it off after wearing for only a few hours, loads of my lashes broke off from brittleness and a very noticeable amount came out! No fun trying to disguise bald spots in your lash line.

I'm glad this works for some, but it did not work for me. Won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Smithereens

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara takes a bit of getting used to, it is very watery and the brush is not very good at separating the lashes individually, however using an eyelash comb after a light application from not quite the root to tip makes it all worth it. It stays incredibly well, even with rubbing, and comes off very well when I use coconut oil. I usually do a light application then brush through so that all my eyelashes get a coat from root to tip, then move to the other eye and then reapply once the first coat is dry (usually after I have finished combing through the other eye) and brush again. It takes longer than regular mascara but has a great payoff. Another thing I will add is that it looks good until about day three. I wouldn't go a full four days unless I was camping and away from makeup. Overall a good product though tricky to get the hang of.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by doxiemomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Hard Candy was my first experience with a lash stain, so of course I had no idea what to expect. I have light skin, and my lashes are very light also. I LOVED the way this product darkened my lashes enough that I could see that they actually existed ;D. It totally lived up to its claim that it lasts for 4 days without smearing or flaking. Even though I am a belly sleeper, I woke up each day without having to touch up. I even noticed that my lashes felt soft, not hard and cakey when I wore it. I had a very natural, clean makeup look all week, And my makeup routine went so much faster, and easier.
On the other hand, removing this product is just a little more difficult, as you can't just wash it off, And after researching several different ( and expensive) products with spotty reviews, it hit me.... Instead of spending lots of money on an expensive, commercially made product, just use plain old coconut oil on a washcloth, or baby wipe. It does take a few minutes, and don't tug or pull on your lashes, because you WILL pull them out, But with just a little patience, the coconut oil takes it right off, a jar will last for a VERY long time, and my delicate eye area is instantly moisturized.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by mitogen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hard Candy Lash Ink is great for darkening and defining your eyelashes. There's a learning curve. Practice until you find a technique that works for you. Lash Ink is ideal for those who dislike the severe, caked-on look of most mascaras. With one or two coasts, lashes look slightly longer and thicker. I create a more dramatic look by adding multiple coats, allowing each coat to slightly dry in between coats. I also use a metal-toothed lash comb to separate my lashes in between coats. Make sure not to wait until lashes are completely dry to comb them because they'll be very hard to separate. I'm Asian and my lashes are stick straight and long, but sparse. I use a regular eyelash curler before mascara, then a heated eyelash curler to get a strong, lifted curl. Although it takes time to do these steps, I really like the result: long, natural, defined, slightly glossy black lashes that stay curled. The slight shine is a subtle, but important. I dislike the matte look of some mascaras. It looks like mud! Also, there are no tiny clumps or flaking, something I find in most mascaras. The best feature is that is rarely smudges! Mascaras always smudge on me, even waterproof versions. Lash Ink stays put for most of the day. I prefer to take it off at the end of the day. The times I left it on overnight, I'd wake up with my eyelashes all stuck to each other. One last tip, when newly opened, there may be too much mascara on the brush. I use a clean piece of paper (Post-It sized) to blot the brush. You'll have the perfect amount of mascara left on the brush. Don't use a tissue or the tissue fibers will get all over the brush. Overall, this mascara is great for beautiful, natural looking eyelashes that don't smudge!

8/8/14 Update: I bought a new tube of Lash Ink a couple months ago and discovered that Hard Candy changed the brush! It's now a plastic comb type brush and it's awful. There's so much product on the brush that you end up with wet, spiky lashes. It's a huge mess and I nearly threw it away. Since I still had my old tube of Lash Tint, I washed the old brush and was able to use it with the new tube. This works perfectly! If I didn't like the formula so much, I wouldn't go to all this trouble. I'm now downgrading my ratings and only recommend Lash Stain if you have the patience to either replace the brush with the old brush like I did or use disposable brushes with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by mmmaggie

Lash Ink I thought would be perfect. I don't need length so lets just dye my lashes and that would be that... or so I thought. Unfortunately, the classy packaging does not reflect the product. The mascara is super light and think like an ink but unfortunately it runs like ink too. The mascara doesn't stain either... so not long lasting at all. Nice idea but a failed Gimmick

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2014 5:25:00 AM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried hard to like this product. I have very watery eyes so I am always trying to find the "perfect" mascara solution for my bottom lashes. Let me say that this is not really a mascara, just a stain. It will do NOTHING for length, volume or curl. I used it for a couple of weeks and noticed that it did not last for an entire 4 days. It did not smear or run, but it was kind of flakey. It was possible to remove it with makeup remover. I tried to use it to color my upper lashes as well and found that it was just a mess. The formula is very liquid-y, and when I tried to wipe the excess product from the brush it made a huge mess by spashing everywhere. It is not buildable. Even if you let the first layer completely dry the second layer will clump like you woudn't believe. Also, I am a belly sleeper and when I woke up my eye lashes were mangled in a curly/clumpy mess from this product. It is not worth messing with.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2014 5:24:00 AM More reviews by Tp0819

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This stuff gives you zero length or volume. It just darkens your lashes, which is what I expected, but since it said it was a "stain," I thought it would be a very thin liquid type consistency, but of course it has the consistency of a mascara, so you look like you have mascara on but your eyelashes are super short and thin and get clumpy if you use too much.
Not impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by agconnors

I'm back! So last night I went to the Marine Corps Ball and I wore lash ink and false lashes. my eye makeup stated so perfect. I didn't feel the drying like I did the first time nor itchiness. after doing they eye-shadow I placed the false lashes and then used the lash ink. my husband said he didn't notice I was wearing it until I asked and it looked beautiful. the package is Ok I guess they want to distinguish it from their other mascara products.