Paula's Choice Shine Stopper Instant Matte Finish

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Methyl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, PEG-100 Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Glyceryl Stearate, Myristyl Myristate, Ceteareth-20, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol

This is the HOLY GRAIL product for those oily face girls! I have oily face and i am very careful with products that may cause acne. I have acne prone skin so i use products carefully to make sure i won't break out from this. I have been using it for some time and i haven't encountered any problem at all. I am currently traveling to hot humid weather in asia aka singapore and hong kong and it helps keep my face matte for 5-6 hours which i am very very happy about. Usually other shine control products only last me 3-4 hours.
So far, i am very satisfied with this product.
If you want to buy from Paula's Choice, you can get $10 off by using the following coupon as long as you spend $15 more. It is such a great deal!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have tried alot of primers from Rimmel Stay Matte to Hourglass Mineral Veil. The problem I often encounter is that matte primers give my skin a rough texture and make my makeup apply unevenly whereas I get oily with other primers.
This stuff is amazing! The first time I applied it, I was stunned by how smooth my skin was. Foundation goes on like a dream after applying this. I have always been the type of person that no matter what I do in the morning, my makeup will no longer be on my face in the afternoon. I get so many compliments when I wear this and am always stunned to see my makeup looking like I just applied it, even at the end of the day.
A little expensive but you d not need much and definitely better than most department store brand primers.
Feel free to use my referral link if you are unsure of whether or not you would like this. It will automatically give you 10$ off (plus google coupon codes and you can easily find a 10% or 20% off too)!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my holy grail mattifying product. Love it! Is light and works under my foundation, keeps me matte all day, andwith the coupons/deals (and when I wait for free shipping) it only costs me $13. Definitely recommend it to my fellow oil slicks out there!

I have combo/sensitive skin. I am oily on my nose and chin, so I thought I'd try this out. This did have a smooth/matte feel, but the finish wasn't good. It gummed up in certain areas and didn't help most textural issues. This also seemed to be slightly irritating. I know it wasn't because of my moisturizer as I have sampled other primers with the same base ingredients. Just didn't work well for me.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

While this product is somewhat pricey for the amount you get, for oily girls, it is essential. I have very complicated skin. Acne prone, sensitive, dry patches, and verrrrry oily. I am slick constantly, grossly shiny even with powder and oil blotting. I have never had matte skin (thanks puberty). This is an absolutely wonderful product and worth the try if your skin is a nasty oil producing pit like mine. I have tried everything. Nothing has worked to keep my skin matte like this. My only advice is moisturize even a bit extra before you use this, and even if you think you are using too little, don't use too much! A pee size amount like suggested on the bottle is perfect. You can also apply this over your makeup to soak up excess oil. I will update my review of anything changes, but so far this is amazing. Highly, highly recommend!!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Dissapointed with this product, I have VERY oily skin, like 20 minutes after washing my face, my entire face is covered in oil. I read so many good reviews on this website an thought to give it a try. Sadly it only kept my face matte for 3 hours and I'm usually out for 7 hours. The only positive thing I can say, is that after you blot your face, your makeup will look like you had just applied it.

I want something that will keep my face matte and oil free for the 7+ hours I am out, without having to blot 5-6 times throughout the day. This product did not meet my expectations. I have tried everything, so i think I will need to seek a dermatologist cause I have tried EVERYTHING.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

For anyone who thinks they have to put up with oily skin and makeup sliding off the face within a few hours, please buy this product!

My super oily skin has been the bane of my life for so long, I thought makeup melting off my face within a couple of hours was something I would just have to live with. I've tried numerous primers, foundations, powders, setting sprays, etc and nothing has ever left my skin feeling and looking natural and shine free for more than an hour or two.

it got to the point where I would dread wearing makeup as I knew my face would look like an oil slick within a few hours and powdering throughout the day tended to leave me looking cakey.

I only came across this product when I was browsing the Paula's Choice website and straight away came here to check the reviews. Seeing how positive they were, I ordered a few sample sizes to try as I still didn't believe that anything would keep my oily skin shine free. However, I am absolutely blown away by how good this is, I have ordered the full size version.

You only need the smallest amount (a sample sachet got 4 uses from me) and I pat it over my forehead, nose and chin once all my makeup is finished.

I apply my makeup at 7am and would normally be extremely oily by 10am. However, I'm shine free until well into the afternoon since using this. I've even been to the gym in my lunch break and my makeup has still been in place once I've finished.

I can't recommend this highly enough. I thought I was doomed to put up with a super shiny face forever!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

If I could sum up this review in one sentence: why didn't I get this in my life sooner! I heard of paula's choice a couple of years ago, but trying new mattifying products is exhausting, usually unsuccessful, and I didn't feel comfortable since I wasn't super familiar with the brand. But then recently I read a review that mentioned low cost samples so I went online and bought a sample for about a dollar with free shipping.

Honestly, I didn't have high expectation for this. I've tried so many different products that are never really 100% successful. I've tried mattifying moisturizers, primers, and MoM. MoM has been great but it doesn't last all day and although I've been using Becca matte primer for the last year it's a horrendous texture and doesn't last all day either.

So back to this product - I got about 3 uses out of this sample and tested it in 3 different ways. What I learned from my experiments is that this bad boy works amazing all on it's own. I don't need a primer or even MoM! I don't even need an oil controlling foundation! When I used my L'oreal infallible and my Revlon colorstay this stuff did not budge - I was matte and flawless ALLLLL DAYYY. A full 12 hours. But what amazed me is that on a day that I went to a theme park in hot and humid Florida, all I used is my Clinique Dramatically Different moisturizer then this and then a non oil controlling foundation (L'oreal nude magic) and I was the only who was not a sweaty oily mess. Which is crazy because usually I'm the first one who's drenched in oil and even when I got home nine hours later, my makeup was still flawless. I was shocked and amazed to say the least.

This product is a miracle, truly HG status. It cut out two to three steps I normally had to take which saves me money, time, and just makes my beauty routine easier. It keeps me matte better than any product, it blurs my pores, it's light and smoothes my skin for a better base to apply makeup to or wear alone. I thought it was sort of expensive but when I received it in the mail the tube was huge! And I barely even use more than a pea-sized amount, if that. I paid about $18 because of coupon codes, free shipping, they offer full refunds if you don't like it, and that's cheaper than all of the higher end brands I've tried yet 100% more effective. Best purchase I've ever made for my oily skin.

NOTE: i've noticed the effectiveness tends to depend on the amount of time I let it "set". So I make sure after I apply it, I wait a few minutes (make a smoothie, walk the dog, etc), and then apply my makeup. It seems to hold up longer if I wait before applying makeup.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This primer is the best primer that I have ever tried. Perfect for oily skin. Compare to not using a primer with my makeup on, this primer significantly reduces the oil on my skin. After an 8-hour shift, my face still has minimal oil, with no touch ups. Love this stuff. Only thing is that they ship from the US and it takes forever to get to Canada and the exchange rate sucks. Otherwise this would probably be the only primer that I would use.

Also if anyone want a $10 off coupon, you can use the following link.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Not for the acne prone! My skin needs to breath. This is like plastic wrap on my skin. If the oil can't come out, it sits just below the epidermis and pools into a blemish. I much prefer Avene Mattifying Fluid, which tones down the oil production instead of just keeping the oil from sweating out. Thankfully, I just used a sample of this instead of buying a full-size tube.

Popular Primer/ Correctors