September 17, 2014 | 1979 users online

Moisturizers - Equate - Ultra-Gentle Facial Moisturizer (Oil Free)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by 77smith

I had just started using Mary Kay time wise and unfortunately I received the oily to combo when i was suppose to receive the dry to combo. My face was so dry it was chapping my eyes and gums, I needed an immediate fix. I found the great reviews for this product and felt immediate relief as soon as I started using it. I have very sensitive skin and have to be very careful what i put in my face but this moisturizer is a dream for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by prtyleprd90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This Equate oil-free sensitive skin moisturizer is the best one I have used to date! I tend to have oily skin that is very acne-prone. So EVERY moisturizer I used has not been conducive to my skin type. Either it contained irritating acne-fighting ingredients, clogging SPF, too thick, too greasy, caused breakouts, can only use @certain times of the day, can’t be used under makeup, DIDN’T moisturize, or a culmination of all these shortcomings. So I stopped using moisturizers because I couldn’t find one that worked effectively with my skin. As a result, my skin suffered because it was dry, with a visibly unhealthy and uneven skintone. I came across this moisturizer because I found it in my mom’s beauty cabinet. I read the bottle and decided to try it- I went to Wal-Mart the next day and bought it for $7(4 oz.).
I have been using this moisturizer for 5 days(total of 15x ,so far) and it’s the perfect moisturizer to my daily skin care regimen. I use it 3x/day (morning/after work/ and night) on freshly cleansed skin and experience NO issues. My texture AND tone has improved so much-I’m quickly on my way to a FOUNDATION-FREE SUMMER- what girl doesn't want that?!? :-P

Things I LOVE about this moisturizer:
• Pump top: hygienic/dispenses the perfect amount for face and neck/prevents over-use.
• Feather-weight but heavy moisturizing
• Extremely smooth texture/ Glides onto skin and absorbs quickly
• No greasiness/ oiliness
• Sans irritating acne-fighting ingredients (i.e. benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid)
• I DON’T have to supplement it with a heavier emollient, such as Aquaphor.
• I wear it in everyway: day, night, alone, under makeup; and each way it works perfectly.
• Perfectly and evenly moisturizes(i.e.:no dry patches with oily spots)
• Perfect moisturizer to my daily skin care regimen/ use this moisturizer 3x/day
• No allergic reaction
• COMPLETELY AIDING IN EVENING MY SKIN TONE AND TEXTURE.MY SKIN LOOKS PLUMP AND MOIST (probably due, partly, to the Glycerin Soja(Soybean).
• NO SPF (I love that- SPF tends to break me out)
• About $7 (4oz.)
• For sensitive skin
• Oil free
• Non-comedogenic
• No strong fragrance
• Clean, straightforward packaging

I will NEVER stop buying or using this product. Hopefully Equate never alters the ingredients or drops this product from manufacturing!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by trueavarice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you check the ingredients list as compared to the Neutrogena version it is literally exactly the same stuff in the same order(the formula may not be exactly the same but it's the proportions). This moisturizer works excellently. It's left my face feeling soft and a lot healthier. This is also after years of abuse with absolutely no lotions or anything with poor makeup use and hot showers and drying soap etc., having only just recently beginnign to take care of myself. The only offputting factor is the strange smell, but it doesn't linger.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by beautywithin542

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product. I've repurchased this several times. Me and my mom were trying to find an affordable oil free moisturizer that would do the job and my aunt suggested this one. We bought one and have repurchased it 2 times soon to be 3 (I'm almost done with the bottle) the only complaint I really have is the pump isn't the best, and that it has a light greasy feeling within the first 5 minutes you apply it, but it absorbs into the skin afterwards. Not a GH item but diffidently worth a try and great quality for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by michele71976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have acne prone skin that gets dry and weird this time of year. This is the only thing I've found that works and doesn't break me out. I've even tried the expensive brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Ashe1392

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a great product! I was kinda iffy about it because I think equate is cheap but after reading the reviews I had to give it a go and wow was I pleased! I have very oily skin and my makeup never looks nice after an hr of applying, but with this it sits on my face beautifully, I never once had to blot my face! It's magic and I'm not even over reacting! Also great price compared to neutrogena, $4/$5 difference. I definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by violet5748

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this every single morning. It's cheap and doesn't make my face super oily. This is my favorite moisturizer for the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by spacecowgirlredux

I haven't been impressed by Equate skincare in the past, but this is the perfect as-needed moisturizer for my combination sensitive skin. It doesn't break me out or feel greasy as long as I apply conservatively, and I love that it's fragrance free! I gently massage a dime-sized dollop or 2 into my face and neck, including (very gently) under my eyes, although I avoid anything between my upper lash line and eyebrows, as I imagine it would sting a bit if I sweated and it got in my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by sneal985

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Amazing quality for a low price. I hate moisturizing my face but this makes me actually want to use moisturizer. It doesn't make me too oily. It's just enough moisture to make my makeup glide on (my skin's too acne prone for primer). This hasn't made me break out. My husband and I both love it! :) I will definitely continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by kchong100

This moisturizer is good, but the packaging is quite .. white and plain, but it's Equate. Good product, plain packaging. It's soft on your face. I prefer half a pump would do good, since one pump is too much. Quite cheap actually. I like the pump :)