December 18, 2014 | 1605 users online

Shampoo - Aveeno - living colour shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 10:19:00 PM More reviews by suzanneb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Perfect shampoo, never dries out my hair, keeps my scalp nice and moistured, my scalp doesn't itch, my color stays, makes my hair super soft and shiny, a true gem in my shampoo collection.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by katnattoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a nice shampoo, lots of lather, my hair does well when I use it. It makes my hair very soft, almost to the point of not needing the conditioner on my very fine hair. I haven't used it long enough to know if it actually helps my color last longer. The problem-I use Oster Oatmeal and Lavender Flea and Tick shampoo on my dog-this product smells IDENTICAL to it! I normally can't smell my shampoo throughout the day, but the scent is very strong and any time I turn my head, I am reminded that I smell exactly the same as my puppy. Sounds silly, but I probably won't repurchase, lol!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2013 3:24:00 AM More reviews by MsSalvatore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smells nice, lathers well and rinses out easily. Has amazing moisturizing properties. It really made my hair soft and silky after washing. However, this causes build up. Makes my hair greasy after just 2 days, which never really happens to me since I really dont have a greasy scalp.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Rebecca753

This is just ok. I like the smell, but I don't think it extended my color. I was disappointed that this wasn't sulfate free. Next time I will try L'Oreal sulfate free shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by deadonarrival

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

**I have this shampoo for (Thick & Coarse) hair**
Wow, pretty impressive for a DS shampoo paired with the matching conditioner. I do have real thick coarse hair that is overprocessed and frizzy. I'm always on the hunt for the next best thing. I received samples of this and the conditioner and I think I will purchase the regular sizes. The shampoo has a generic soap scent with a slight hint of lavendar. The shampoo lathers a lot and rinses out easy and clean. The conditioner has more of that lavendar scent and it is quite thick. The conditioner really penetrates into the hair and smoothes out my unruly hair as well as rinses out well.
THE RESULTS: I have recently put in highlights which makes my already dry hair even more dry. This shampoo really softens my hair and I didn't even need a flat iron :O I was able to just blow dry with a paddle brush and I got really nice smooth straight hair. In fact, so smooth that I can't stop touching it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 2:13:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

I'm seriously impressed with this shampoo. I tend to stick to salon brand shampoos and conditioners, but I was low on cash and decided to give this a shot. I have long, fine, oily, straight hair that I've been bleaching for years. I like shampoos that control my oiliness (which is hard to do based on my experience with many shampoos), not fade my color, and not tangle up my hair.
I bought this in the formula for medium-thick hair not realizing they had two different formulations, but it has worked so well for my hair. This shampoo is pretty thick and creamy, but it rinses out very well and doesn't leave any residue. The smell is nothing special, just smells soapy to me. It does a good job at lathering, though I find I need to use a good amount to cover my entire head. My hair is to the bottom of my chest, and I fill about half my palm with shampoo to completely lather everything. That being said, I ran out of a bottle of this in about a month, but for only about $5, I'm not complaining.
The best part is that this really did extend the life of my color. Anyone who has ever dyed their hair blonde knows how quickly it can fade or turn brassy. I never had either of those problems with this. Also, this fully controlled my oily hair for over 24 hours. I still had to wash my hair daily, but I never needed to break out the dry shampoo or baby powder when I used this.
Not sure if I'll check out the conditioner, but I will be getting this shampoo again. Definitely check this out if you color your hair...you might be as pleasantly surprised as I was!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 8:52:00 AM More reviews by aimela

Rich and moisturizing, yet rinses out well. Does not leave a greasy residue. Works well with matching conditioner. I have not like Aveeno hair products thus far, but this changed my mind.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by redmoon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using the Aveeno Nourish line for a couple of years now and am fairly happy with these products. I do tend to switch my shampoo and conditioner out once in awhile, as it seems to work better after taking a break from it (sounds weird to say that). Overall, this is my go to product. I have tried more expensive salon brands and haven't been impressed by anything. I had been color treating my hair for nearly 20 years before I recently discovered a wonderful red henna powder which has made my hair much stronger and healthier than ever. Aveeno does not in anyway affect my henna, as anyone who knows, one must be careful with certain products on henna hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by xxkelsey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I switched from Purology. It's $7 vs $30, doesn't leave build-up, smells decent, and really does help preserve color. I've been using it for about 2 weeks with the Nourish + Moisturize conditioner. My hair is shinier, less frizzy, and my color is already in better shape than it was when I was using Purology. Definite re-purchase :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by ZenArcade

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good, reasonably priced shampoo for color-treated hair. Nice and gentle, decent smelling, and the conditioner that goes with it is also very good. I've used Aveda Color Conserve and actually like this Aveeno Living Color better, plus it's about half the cost!