Clarins Skin Illusion Natural Radiance Foundation

3.8

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE: 1,89 % INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: AQUA/WATER - CYCLOPENTASILOXANE - ISONONYL ISONONANOATE - BUTYLENE GLYCOL - ALCOHOL - HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSS-POLYMER - PEG/PPG-20/15 DIMETHICONE - NYLON-12 - MAGNESIUM SULFATE - POLYGLYCERYL-3 DIISOSTEARATE - SILICA - DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE - POLYGLYCERYL-3 POLY DIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE - PEG-10 DIMETHICONE - PARFUM/FRAGRANCE - GLYCERIN - ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE - STEARIC ACID - DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE - ETHYLHEXYL GLYCERIN - METHYLPROPANEDIOL - MICA - DISODIUM EDTA - HYDROXYETHYL UREA - SORBIC ACID - HYDRATED SILICA - ASPARAGOPSIS ARMATA EXTRACT - CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT - PHENOXYETHANOL - LAPSANA COMMUNIS FLOWER/LEAF/STEM EXTRACT - ALGIN - ACACIA SENEGAL GUM - OPAL POWDER - CARBOMER. - / MAY CONTAIN: [CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE - CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/IRON OXIDES].

on 4/14/2015 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

After using this liquid on many clients, I would highly recommend this to everyone who requires a natural to medium coverage that mainly want to even out their skins tone and add radiance. This is an ideal wedding day foundation in my opinion, the finish is beautiful, the wear is good and the smell is fresh.

on 4/11/2015 11:09:00 AM

I found it very hard to choose a new foundation but this one definitely does the job. In regards to "chemicals" and titanium dioxide being linked to cancer, it has been approved by all relevant federations. You need very high quantities for it to be cancerous, and in this case the titanium dioxide is what gives the foundation the SPF. It is safe!
The smell is a bit strong but I only notice it initially when I am applying it. I have sensitive skin which can go dry, spotty or oily depending what I am using. This foundation agrees with my skin completely, although I think it really is up to the individual to try out foundations to see what suits them because I think it varies widely.
Overall, this gives me such good coverage (I was looking for something light enough, this gives me medium coverage), yet is lightweight and leaves my skin glowing. Does not clog my pores, cause breakouts or irritate it in the slightest. I love it!

on 4/1/2015 4:08:00 PM

I wanted to try this foundation on because I was looking for a natural-semi matte finish with a shine-proof T zone and light coverage.So, I tried it on my face at the store and let it stay on my face for 6-7 hours. The application was great, it smelled like flowers and it moisturized my skin soooo beautifully BUT after 2-3 hours, my skin looked like a disco ball! It didn't controlled the oil what so ever and it made it even 10 times worse! If you have very dry-dry skin, you will adore this foundation but me, as an combo gal, I hated it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I am a foundation junkie! Seriously I have tried every foundation under the sun and have been looking for my HG. Chanel came close, but it didn't provide quite enough coverage for me when I have breakouts. I got a sample of this at a Clarins counter and WOW was I impressed! It proved great coverage, but not cakey...literally the definition of "flawless coverage." It also gave my skin such an amazing natural glow that I have not been able to achieve with any other foundation I've tried. The only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because the wear time isn't the best, even with a primer and a powder. Overall I would recommend to anyone!

on 10/5/2014 12:39:00 PM

When I was given this product at Clarins counter - I heard only good things about it, that it is very natural-looking, lightweight and contains healthy ingredients good for the skin. Like skincare and makeup in one. Wow.

Firstly shade was completely off, I do think there should be better shades for those of us with cool-yellow undertones. Secondly - it did apply unevenly and separated towards end of the day.

Foundation itself is a bit pricey for my liking, add couple more dollars and you can get something amazing from Chanel - so I do think this product is overpriced.

There is a good in-depth review of this product on this blog post below, make sure you read it before investing into Skin Illusion:

on 9/22/2014 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this foundation months ago. Wasn't particularly impressed early on. I have fine, dry skin that can flare up into individual patches of eczema around my nose and chin. The colour was phenomenal- probably the most perfect matching I have had in years(110 honey for nc 30). However, this really highlighted every little dry bit on my face. That being said, I have been on the hunt for a good, daily moisturiser for about a year. I have been using a mix of things to get me by. So, this was put aside for a bb. Fast forward to a month ago when I discovered my perfect moisturiser. Now that my dryness is under control, this is an incredible foundation. It does have quite slip to it (I prefer a creamier texture), but my skin looks literally flawless with this (mind you my skin is clear). Even at the end of the day, if one looks close, it is truly seamless. Again, if your skin is oily, this may not be suitable; and if you have dry skin, be sure to use a suitable moisturiser. Great product for the right skin type.

on 6/5/2014 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am a liquid foundation junkie always looking for the next best foundation. First, a bit about me for reference and context. I am a 43 year old with fair skin with olive/yellow undertones. I wear nc 20 in Mac studio fix and intensity 2 in Estee Lauder doublewear light (my go to foundation). I have normal skin, a few melasma spots (forehead, sides of cheek) and un-botoxed and un-fillered skin with a few fine lines under my eyes and a few horizontal forhead lines. My requirements for a foundation are pretty simple:
1) decent coverage without mask-like tendencies
2)decent staying-power without sliding or fading and
3)no accentuation or settling in fine lines.

I did some research on the invisible skin and was satsified it would provide a light to medium coverage with subtle glow.
I have worn this foundation for a week and have found more cons than pros.

Pros:
1)Great glass packaging bottle with a pump
2)pleasant cucumber/fresh scent
3)reasonable price for high end foundation ($50 - Aussie dollars)
4)definite glow to skin

Cons:
1)foundation goes on patchy regardless of application technique (brush, fingers)
2)after 30 mins, the subtle glow becomes shiny even though I have normal skin
3)does not cover light melasma
4) settles in fine lines and accentuates lines and makes my pores look huge (and I have very fine skin texture... First foundation ever to do this to me)

Disappointed in Clarins. Had reasonable experience before with Everlasting and the lifting foundation. Will definitely not repurchase. I am done with Clarins. Presently road- testing Mac Prolong wear... So far really impressed. Will post review on the concealer and foundation after purchase. Hope this helps prevent some lady wasting money on a foundation that makes the aging process depressing.

on 6/3/2014 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

For very dry skin like mine i cant see me buying this you get little to no coverage even after two rounds of giving it a go i rather buy a drugstore its the same feel and there was no dewy :( just natural

Very nice foundation, great for older woman, skin looks lovely. For NC 20 I got the numbers 105 and 108 (yellow undertone) and both worked for me. The only drawback is that it doesn't last long... maybe with a primer? Worth trying though.

on 4/7/2014 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

FANTASTIC PRODUCT! This is my go-to product, it can be sheer to full coverage. It leaves your skin perfectly dewy and healthy looking. It's easy to blend into the skin and it looks natural, but flawless! The packaging is practical and hygienic. It's worth every penny! I don't know if it would be good on oily skin, i think the skin would be a bit to dewy, but i haven't tried it on a friend yet. But overall a fantastic product!