October 23, 2014 | 1134 users online

Liquid - Clarins - Skin Illusion Natural Radiance Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Kayleighkayyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a foundation junkie! Seriously I have tried every foundation under the sun and have been looking for my HG. Chanel came close, but it didn't provide quite enough coverage for me when I have breakouts. I got a sample of this at a Clarins counter and WOW was I impressed! It proved great coverage, but not cakey...literally the definition of "flawless coverage." It also gave my skin such an amazing natural glow that I have not been able to achieve with any other foundation I've tried. The only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because the wear time isn't the best, even with a primer and a powder. Overall I would recommend to anyone!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by SanFranGirl

When I was given this product at Clarins counter - I heard only good things about it, that it is very natural-looking, lightweight and contains healthy ingredients good for the skin. Like skincare and makeup in one. Wow.

Firstly shade was completely off, I do think there should be better shades for those of us with cool-yellow undertones. Secondly - it did apply unevenly and separated towards end of the day.

Foundation itself is a bit pricey for my liking, add couple more dollars and you can get something amazing from Chanel - so I do think this product is overpriced.

There is a good in-depth review of this product on this blog post below, make sure you read it before investing into Skin Illusion:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by imkt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation months ago. Wasn't particularly impressed early on. I have fine, dry skin that can flare up into individual patches of eczema around my nose and chin. The colour was phenomenal- probably the most perfect matching I have had in years(110 honey for nc 30). However, this really highlighted every little dry bit on my face. That being said, I have been on the hunt for a good, daily moisturiser for about a year. I have been using a mix of things to get me by. So, this was put aside for a bb. Fast forward to a month ago when I discovered my perfect moisturiser. Now that my dryness is under control, this is an incredible foundation. It does have quite slip to it (I prefer a creamier texture), but my skin looks literally flawless with this (mind you my skin is clear). Even at the end of the day, if one looks close, it is truly seamless. Again, if your skin is oily, this may not be suitable; and if you have dry skin, be sure to use a suitable moisturiser. Great product for the right skin type.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2014 2:38:00 AM More reviews by AshKay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a liquid foundation junkie always looking for the next best foundation. First, a bit about me for reference and context. I am a 43 year old with fair skin with olive/yellow undertones. I wear nc 20 in Mac studio fix and intensity 2 in Estee Lauder doublewear light (my go to foundation). I have normal skin, a few melasma spots (forehead, sides of cheek) and un-botoxed and un-fillered skin with a few fine lines under my eyes and a few horizontal forhead lines. My requirements for a foundation are pretty simple:
1) decent coverage without mask-like tendencies
2)decent staying-power without sliding or fading and
3)no accentuation or settling in fine lines.

I did some research on the invisible skin and was satsified it would provide a light to medium coverage with subtle glow.
I have worn this foundation for a week and have found more cons than pros.

Pros:
1)Great glass packaging bottle with a pump
2)pleasant cucumber/fresh scent
3)reasonable price for high end foundation ($50 - Aussie dollars)
4)definite glow to skin

Cons:
1)foundation goes on patchy regardless of application technique (brush, fingers)
2)after 30 mins, the subtle glow becomes shiny even though I have normal skin
3)does not cover light melasma
4) settles in fine lines and accentuates lines and makes my pores look huge (and I have very fine skin texture... First foundation ever to do this to me)

Disappointed in Clarins. Had reasonable experience before with Everlasting and the lifting foundation. Will definitely not repurchase. I am done with Clarins. Presently road- testing Mac Prolong wear... So far really impressed. Will post review on the concealer and foundation after purchase. Hope this helps prevent some lady wasting money on a foundation that makes the aging process depressing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Kirplunk0

For very dry skin like mine i cant see me buying this you get little to no coverage even after two rounds of giving it a go i rather buy a drugstore its the same feel and there was no dewy :( just natural

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by veronicacolombia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very nice foundation, great for older woman, skin looks lovely. For NC 20 I got the numbers 105 and 108 (yellow undertone) and both worked for me. The only drawback is that it doesn't last long... maybe with a primer? Worth trying though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by livlaeboorg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

FANTASTIC PRODUCT! This is my go-to product, it can be sheer to full coverage. It leaves your skin perfectly dewy and healthy looking. It's easy to blend into the skin and it looks natural, but flawless! The packaging is practical and hygienic. It's worth every penny! I don't know if it would be good on oily skin, i think the skin would be a bit to dewy, but i haven't tried it on a friend yet. But overall a fantastic product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by missmelanierose

At the moment, this is my go-to foundation and the only foundation I've purchased multiple times. It blends nicely and provides a natural-looking medium coverage. My only complaint is that it doesn't stay put. By 3pm, my foundation is more or less gone.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by kayliexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have only sampled this product. The cosmetician (who was extremely helpful) gave me two samples; one in 105 nude and 102.5 porcelain. I found porcelain was way way way too dark and pink for my skin. The 105 nude is much more yellow toned and seemed to match a lot better (the cosmetician mentioned this to me which is why she let me sample both). I was impressed by the coverage and the finish. I am very sensitive and therefore very red. I found that this foundation covered beautifully. It does however dry very quickly so you must work with it fast. It finishes quite powdery, not wet like some medium/high coverage foundations that I'm used to. I only had to set it on my nose (where I'm quite oily), everything else already looked like it had been set. I was quite disappointed with how it oxidized, though. I'm very very light skinned, and I'm not sure I would purchase this foundation because it doesn't seem to have a shade that is light enough for me. The 105 nude seemed like a good match until 15 minutes later when it appeared more orange/yellowy. It does hold up however and doesn't seem to transfer. It's powdery finish though leads me to believe it may be a little drying. The product itself is very thin and light, which was also surprising with the amount of coverage it gives. Due to the scent as well, it may not be great for reactive skin. I would definitely recommend testing this foundation before you buy it as I nearly bought it in 102.5 porcelain yesterday which would've been so wrong for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 1:23:00 AM More reviews by AleRF

This is the foundation that i will always have in my makeup collection.

I got a sample when it just came out, tried it, loved it and since then i must never run out. This is the only foundation i have ever been constant with and i don't use it everyday anymore but this is my HG foundation. I can never go wrong with this.

I am the shade 110 honey in this. Now as for why i love it so much ... it has the lightest texture and i almost don't even feel it on my skin although it provides an extremely amazing coverage. It smells wonderful and it never went cakey ( i have very dry skin and sometimes even a thin layer of foundation can look cakey because of micro-exfoliation ), it also never oxidized on my skin, its color remains true to what is in the bottle. It has an extremely natural finish, i don't even powder with this foundation!

I dearly recommend this to everyone, tho if you have oily skin you will need to put a powder on top probably and if you have blemishes to cover i don't know how if this will just do the trick of concealing everything perfectly so you might have to test it out before venturing in buying it.

Hope this helped.