August 30, 2014 | 1797 users online

Hair Treatments - Avon - Advance Techniques Frizz Control Lotus Shield

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 7:13:00 AM More reviews by zee140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have frizzy hair and I applied it for the first time after showering and towel drying my hair and it kinda dully dried I applied a little and combed it.. When my hair fully dried there's no frizz at all and stayed frizz-free until my next shower. Love it. It's a miracle.. (Tip: shake well before use.)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by chrissyislame

I got this as a sample from awhile back and while she was telling me about what is "supposedly" does to my hair, I was a bit skeptical. Anyways, I tried the samples she gave me, which promised me smooth and silky hair for three days. Also no frizz.
I have got to say, this is probably one of the best hair products I've used in a long time. My hair was so soft and silky, no frizz really. It really did last three days and could have gone more if I didn't want to wash my hair so much. My hair wasn't very dry which is one of my main problems. I really do love this product, but the price is a bit much. The bottle is small and it did last me about two months which is pretty good considering I paid 12$ for it. You don't even need a lot to put in your hair either. I have very long and thick hair so that was a plus! I really need to buy this product again though. I loved it so much!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Got a free sample from my avon rep and I have fine, wavy hair that is color treated and dry.
Not super frizzy.

This stuff is very heavy and made my hair feel stick and thicker - and I am still not sure if this is a good thing or not. Did not make my hair oily - just "thick" feeling.

Smells fake-floral.

So far I am not loving this and won't buy it.
Too hard to tell from the 2 uses I got out of the sample pouch.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by ahmadkamal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Avon Advance Techniques Frizz Control Conditioner For All Hair Types Ingredients:
Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Parfum, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Peg-2 Dimeadowfoamamidoethylmonium Methosulfate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Choleth-24 , Glycolic Acid, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Edta, Glycerin, Propylparaben, Hexylene Glycol , Ceteth-24, Quaternium-33 , C12-14 Pareth-12.
11.8 oz

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 6:51:00 AM More reviews by judy46970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Made my frizzy hair even more frizzy..try the Argon product line instead!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by LauraP24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great product that I like to use as a leave-in conditioner (I follow it w/ a serum). It's fantastic for keeping my naturally curly, highlighted hair feeling strong, healthy, and frizz free.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Des006

Lotus shield was okay for a few weeks, however the more I used it, the more dry and brittle my hair became. My hair is mildly coarse, wavy, thick and not chemically treated at all. Now it feels as though it has been (chemically treated) and I hate it. As for the frizz control, it seemed to (slightly) work for a little while, now it doesn't at all. There are definitely better and cheaper products out there...ones that you can even buy off the shelf of your local drug store that won't dry out your hair. Lotus shield is a nice idea, but they need to put in a lot more work to get it to do what they claim. I won't be buying this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by YardBabyFeet

I bought the Advance Techniques Frizz Control Lotus Shield hair treatment serum, because my Avon lady Cathy, had sent me a sample and I just loved it. The smell is a beautiful blend of Orange and Lotus flower. Not overpowering. This is great for all hair types, I have very long, straight, permanently colored red hair and I battle frizz and fly-away's every day! This product does a pretty good job at keeping my frizz at ease and my fly-away's down. I gave this product a 4 in overall rating because I would have preferred it to be a creme rather than a serum. Serum's tend to make my hair oily or too shiny when I use them. I gave this product a 4 in the Price rating because for 2 fluid ounces of product it's $7.99 and that was on SALE. Normally sold for $12.00 in the catalog. I have found other products that work about the same but the price is cheaper for a 2 fl. oz bottle. Packaging Quality.. I rated this as a 5. The reason I will continue to buy this product (probably one of the only saving graces of this product to get to me to continue to buy) is the packaging. I have found spray frizz treatments, cremes, one's that come from a pump applicator, and they can be extremely annoying to get the actual product out of the bottle. This product has a baby bottle-like spout so you just squeeze the bottle and you control how much you put into your hair. Very clever idea Avon ;) Would I buy this product again? Most likely.. I'm a very quick hair styling chick so I prefer my products to be very easy to use and this one is very very VERY easy to use. Best to use right out of the shower.. Shake well, Distribute evenly throughout your hair root to tip, Allow time to dry and finish your look with the rest of your styling products.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by dogdaze

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Also received as sample. I used half of the pkg on my dry color-treated hair and my hair exploded. I had to use the last precious drops of John Frieda Beach Waves to get it under control. So glad I didn't spend a cent.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Precila101

So my mom ordered some jewelry from them and got leave-in conditioner and this anti-frizz sample. After showering, and all that, I applied this all over my hair after mousse, and was totally amazed. My hair went from super bushy (think Hagrid's hair from Harry Potter, only in v-shaped layers) to piece-y waves, although not as sleek as the model pictured for advertisement, but a great overall improvement!!! I love the scent as well. I found myself inhaling my fingers, with which I applied the product, almost endlessly. Now, all I have to do is persuade my mom to buy the entire bottle. This really works!!!! For anyone who has hair like me, super bushy probably not like Hagrid's, but you get what I mean, then I would totally recommend this product. It will do as it says!!!!