November 26, 2014 | 1417 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Texture

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2014 7:37:00 AM More reviews by kouzakat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is just awesome! I have straight hair that are somewhere between fine and thick and use this on wet hair right after i get out of the shower mostly on my roots and then mess it up on my hair. My hair does not tend to hold style but when using this I have more volume plus hold! After my hair is 80% dry, I twist my hair in a bun and let them air dry or sleep on them and then i have beautiful soft waves not sticky at all!!! Plus you need so little (less than pea sized for my long hair) so it lasts forever! I would definitely recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Elzogra

Amazing product..i use it on damp hair(after applying macadamia or moroccan oil for moisture), I let them air dry, braid them and go to bed..I wake up with beachy tamed waves that NO texturizing sea salt spray can create!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2014 6:50:00 AM More reviews by verte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Amazing product. I had read about this in a magazine a long time before I actually bought it. I was tempted by the promise of having perfectly textured, undone yet done, touchable hair with a bit of volume and grip, but put off by the ridiculously high price and the fact that most products don't seem to work to add any texture to my fine, coloured, shoulder-length hair. When I went on holidays to Germany a year ago and my hair had a total meltdown due to the different climate and water, I trotted off to the nearest Douglas, they stocked Texture, and I took it as a sign and bought it. I haven't looked back!

Texture comes in a tube with a self-close screwtop. It is a white, slightly translucent cream-gel with a faint, fresh pleasant scent that doesn't linger. I found after some trial and error that only a little bit is needed to be applied at the roots and too much will make your hair crispy. As I was on holidays I didn't have access to a hair dryer and this worked just fine if I let my hair air dry. I normally applied it to damp roots with my fingers, ruffled it around a bit, then brushed or combed it through the hair and let it air dry. Sometimes if I brushed my hair after it was dry it would "reactivate" the product and give me a bit more body. Since getting home and using it over the course of the last year in my usual climate I have found it also works well applying to damp hair and then blow drying. I get that sexy, tousled look without looking like I've been dragged backwards through a hedge or forgotten to brush my hair. Works great on its own, though I also like to use Pret a Powder for added oomph and sometimes Brilliantine on the ends. It doesn't build up on my scalp and doesn't look greasy either.

Although the product is expensive to buy here in Australia ($44), it's turned out to be economical as I still have product left after a year of using it most days. I have just bought a second tube as backup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My hair: long, medium thickness and average amount, virgin and healthy, mostly straight with a slight body wave and flippy ends, normal scalp, no major issues. I wash every other day with sulfate-free shampoo and am fairly minimalistic when it comes to styling my hair.

The product is a sticky white cream that MUST be used on WET hair. Even damp hair is not really going to play nicely with this. I usually apply it after right I wash my hair. There's a slight, unisex fragrance which I find pleasant. The packaging is clever, but it does mean you have to wipe the cap off carefully before putting it in a drawer or whatever.

As with many of Bumble & Bumble's styling products, this product requires some experimentation in order to figure out how best to use it to meet one's needs.

I first tried applying a bunch (several quarter sized dollops) to wet hair, concentrating the product on the roots, then blow-drying, as the package suggests, after letting it sit for a minute. This produces a decent amount of all-over volume, but it's neither more nor less than other volumizing products I've used. And I don't get that texturized, tousled look that the packaging promises--my hair just looks like it normally does after I blowdry it, smooth, voluminous and sort of poufy. Also, if I use another product on top of it (like dry shampoo on the second day), I get flakes that look like dandruff :(

I about gave up on the product and was planning on swapping it away. I could get cheaper volumizing products. But I decided to give it another try first. This time, I applied the product like I did before, but I let my hair air dry instead. I was surprised to find that this gave me much more lift in the roots and better definition of my natural texture than blowdrying. The product dries slightly crunchy, so you need to loosen it up with your fingers after your roots dry, just as the package instructs. This product works particularly well with Brillantine to produce hair that's somehow both polished and undone.

What's also cool is that this product seems to soak up or suppress oil because my second day hair doesn't look or feel as limp as it usually does. It's a nice, unlooked for bonus.

I've been using this almost everyday for the past few weeks and have experienced no problems. It's a great, low-maintenance way to achieve volume + texture. It does flake if you use too much, though you'll have to experiment to figure out how much that is for you. Even though this product is rather pricey, I think it's a definite repurchase for me. I strongly suggest you get a sample or buy the smaller tube from Sephora before committing to the full size, however. Even the small tube will last you months. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by shi1

Ok, so I've had this product for months now, and I've been on the fence about it. I had high expectations for this product since I saw so many rave reviews. I was hoping it would be a one step game-changer that would give me that textured messy slightly dishevelled look that is ever so popular right now. It worked brilliantly on my friend's hair, giving her natural wavy finish but it didn't work so well on my hair. I have natural asian hair that is straight with a tiny bit of wave when it air dries so in retrospect, my expectations were too high. However, I've learned to love it for different reasons.

This product adds volume and texture to your hair. My hair ends halfway down my chest right now, and I use about a quarter size amount of this product. I apply it to wet/damp hair, and I start with the mid/bottom length with my hair, and apply the remaining product to the roots at the top of my head and bangs. Then you're supposed to wait a minute and then fluff, scrunch and mess up your hair a little to get that texture in. I then blow dry my bangs to make sure they set in the right direction, then upside down at the roots to lock get lots of volume, and then I hand dry the rest of my head scrunching and twisting my hair as I do so to get a not-so-perfect finish. The product gives your hair grip to hold extra volume. Its also great for my bangs as it makes it easier to style, and stay put.

The other perk I noticed, is that it seems to prolong my wash! I can go two days with my hair looking clean, and an extra day with the help of dry shampoo and volumizing powder. I used to only be able to go two days with the help of dry shampoo, and the 3rd day was definitely an updo day.

I think this is a versatile product, and you need to try it out different ways to see how it works for you. My frend would apply it and then semi-dry her hair, and then twist her hair up into buns and the next morning it would come out nice and wavy. I've never had any issues with flaking like some of the other reviewers, and it does not feel heavy or greasy in my hair. I think its always best to start with less and add as needed to avoid these scenarios.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2014 4:47:00 AM More reviews by frippery

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

i tried this on damp and on dry hair. i'm not sure how one is supposed to use this but clearly i don't have the patience to mess with my hair for so long. made my hair dull, flat and dirty looking (and not in a good way). it also flakes off as a fine powder. luckily, i only bought a travel size tube.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have delicate, slightly weavy, thin hair therefore I am on a perpetual hunt for products that are going to give me some texture (so that my hair is NOT silky and and clean looking - then it only lays flat and limp, especially at the roots), I strive for some bounce and some hold (I blow dry it every day on a round barrel brush to get some oomph in the roots) because without product my hair looks like there is even less of it than usual.

Bb.texture hair (un) dressing creme is one of several expensive volumizing texturisers that I have in my stash. I bought the biggest tube Space NK had available (at quite eye watering 21although using up 150 ml took me almost two years - which is a maximum opening time of this product btw).

I tend to apply it on my towel dried hair (about 5p coin size amount) just at my roots and blow dry my hair on a bog barrel brush - you have to be careful with the amount as it makes the hair matte and if you put too much it FLAKES OFF in tiny white specks which makes you feel like you have dandruff. I definitely DO NOT HAVE dandruff, thankyouverymuch.

It kind of holds the blow-dry although it does not tend to have too much holding power and my hair goes flat again after several hours. However one thing that is excellent about this product is that my hair does not grease so fast when I am using it - my hair is still good looking on the second day too.

Still, I will not repurchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by dootdootdoot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

French, tousled hair. Kind of expensive but a little goes a long way. I love the matte finish- most products leave your hair really shiny and crunchy, so it's obvious that you applied product. This just looks effortless and natural.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have shortish, lowlighted hair, and need something to give me some volume at the roots, especially at the crown and on top. This product works extremely well for that. I use about a dime-sized amount, rub it between my hands, and finger-part my hair where I want to apply it and go to town. Then I add a bit of Drybar Cream Soda or B&B Grooming cream to what's let on my hands and apply it to the rest of my hair. It makes my hair do what I want it to--gives a little root lift without being flaky or crusty or stiff. Good style memory, too. It's expensive, but I need so little that the small tube lasts for months. Don't apply this all over or use too much, because then you will get crunch and flake. Good stuff, and I've already repurchased.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 3:12:00 AM More reviews by Bclancy

I have been spending a great deal of money looking for a product that will give me that big, voluminous, "texas" hair. Well this product(which I bought to give texture to my hair, not volume) turned out to be it! I layer a fairly generous amount on my roots on top of BB Thickening Hairspray and blow dry roots with my head upside down. Then when my hair is 90% dry, I turn my head upside up again, add a little Brilliantine to the ends, and finish drying with a small round brush. Finally I spray with my Rock Your Hair hairspray with my head upside down, concentrating on roots. The result is sexy voluminous loose curls. And I mean dramatic volume. Granted, Texture does leave my roots crunchy, but I use quite a lot of product. And let me tell you, unlike the dozens of other volumizing products I've tried, when I use Texture, the volume STAYS. After blowing out my hair last night, I went to bed, fully expecting my hair to be flat in the morning as it usually is. Nope! Still looks great. So happy with this product.

Edit 1/3/14:
Well I still love this product for volume, but I realized you have to be carefull applying it otherwise it flakes! At least in my experience! So what I do to remedy this is when I squirt some product onto my palm, I also squirt a little blob of BB Styling Cream and mix them before applying. Also I am more careful about making sure the product is spread evenly through my roots. I'm not taking off a star because this is still my hg for volume. And after all, this product wasn't designed for the purpose I use it for. It was meant to be used sparingly throughout hair for texture. Still haven't got around to trying it for that yet.