July 25, 2014 | 1470 users online

Lip Gloss - Lancome - Juicy Tubes-Cassis

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2007 9:42:00 AM More reviews by silvermouse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This was an almost colourless (it's pale purple but I have naturally dark lips so it looked clear on me) JT with absolutely beautiful gold/silver sparkles. Out of the (many) JTs that I have this probably has the best sparkle and gives the lips a wet-shine look. Great to wear alone or over lipstick

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2004 12:31:00 AM More reviews by clarey217

It's a cute colour... The gold flecks are more noticable in the bottle, but it looks great on. I'd definately buy it again, but I wouldn't pay retail... haha

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2004 8:38:00 AM More reviews by watchthestars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a nice daytime lipgloss. Like most Juicy Tubes, it isn't very pigmented (in this case, a hint of dark purple) and there isn't too much shimmer. You mainly see gold, but on closer inspection there are flecks of blue and pink/red. Really pretty.

The smell, though rather "fake", isn't unpleasant at all.

I'd buy it again, assuming a new colour didn't catch my eye...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2004 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Eleven

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this as my first JT because it was half price (I understand it was a limited edition seasonal shade). Up until then I had plenty of glosses that weren't as expensive as the JTs so I hadn't been convinced to buy but at half price I couldn't resist. The taste is great and it adds a wonderful shine to my lips. The texture is quite nice too. However, being a cool-toned PPP with naturally pale lips the purplish tone made me look like I was either suffering from hypothermia or dead! Pale purple lips isn't a good look on me. However, over a medium pink lipstick it looks great, so I don't wear this on its own but use to add gloss and shine over lipsticks. It didn't put me off JTs because it was simply the shade that was not good, so I then bought fraise at full price which is exactly what my skin tone needs to brighten up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2004 2:48:00 AM More reviews by DanielleWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Cassis is a deep, rich purply-grape in its tube laced with golden shimmer. It applies as mostly clear, deepining the natural lip with a touch of violet and illuminating with it's golden shimmer. It's texture is thick and syrupy, and it is fragranced lightly and pleasantly of grape Kool-Aid. :) Very pretty, it makes a perfect alone gloss as well as a lipstick enhancer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2004 2:01:00 AM More reviews by alethea

Looks a opaque dark purple with golden shimmers in the tube, but applies on almost clear with slight shimmers. I love the way this smells -- like blackcurrant juice! :) I use this mostly as a 'topping' gloss to pare dark colours down and to give my lips that million dollar shine. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2004 12:21:00 PM More reviews by pr0cessa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

my favorite JT along with Mirage. My lips aren't very pigmented and i was afraid the purple in this would make me look dead. But the color actually turns out to be a berry stain with beautiful golden shimmer. the tint deepens over time the more you apply. it tasted like grape to me. i would say this is one of the few JT's i would buy again. it's versatile because it looks great alone or over lipstick, occasionally i use it over eyeko strawberry fat balm or elizabeth arden tinted lip balm in plum.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2003 10:51:00 AM More reviews by jg3011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have about 8 or 9 JT, and I really like this one. I like the way that it just adds some sparkle when you apply it over lipstick. I also like it alone on my lips, but my lips are very pale, so you can tell that I have a lilac color on them. I can see where it would just show up clear on very pigmented lips. I use this one the most of all of my lipglosses and I have too many to count!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2003 9:47:00 AM More reviews by RunLauraRun8

I was lucky enough to purchase the last two of these left in the store. I got this even though the reviews of this weren't that great because I was so sure that it would work for me, and it did! Even though it's not very pigmented, that's the whole purpose of this one: to be a clear purple gloss with subtle gold shimmer. This is one of the JTs that I use the most, and it's perfect for a clear, natural pout with OOMPH! It definitely colors my lips a sheer shade of violet, giving them a juicy look. A great find!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2003 5:34:00 PM More reviews by ChaiBliss

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really pretty pale lavender with infused shimmer, but on my lips it shows up as nothing but shimmer! I have to agree with the last reviewer - any clear gloss could do the same thing as this. The only difference is the nice smell this has, although it's certainly not worth the money for that alone!