NARS Illuminator in Copacabana

on 2/23/2015 3:01:00 PM

Lord have mercy this is my absolute favourite liquid highlight I've ever tried. It's great mixed with foundation for an all over dewy look or used selectively on the face for a bit of brightness. This product is extremely pigmented and does set very quickly. If you're using it all over your face apply and blend in that area immediately. Don't apply to all areas you want and go through and blend after because it will be splotchy and noticeable. I usually pat on with my index finger and then blend it out with a wet beauty blender or the brush I used for my foundation. Once you play around with it, it will easily become a favourite. At $36 CAD it seems like a steep price initially, but for a NARS product that works this well and that will last you as long as this will, it's well worth the money.

on 12/17/2014 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My favorite pale pink highlighter! I've tried a few and Copacabana by NARS is the best on my skin. It lasts all day and it has no scent. The color is a super pale pink with teeny tiny sparkles. I think the price is well worth it compared to others because of the staying power it has. Overall I think it's a gorgeous and amazing product.

on 8/30/2014 4:44:00 PM

LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I'm alllllll about the glow and having dewy makeup and this certainly achieves it. It probably shouldn't be the product for me, having combination skin and accentuating my pores yada yada yada....BUT...I LOVE IT.

I like to mix the TINIEST bit in with my foundation/BB cream (Dr Jart- works exceptionally well together). A little goes a very long way... it's extremely pigmented and a very small splodge can be enough to mix in for whole face. Therefore it makes it very good value for money. We all know that Nars products are extremely luxurious and great quality and this is not exception. It works really well with my complexion.

I'd say this is definitely more of an all over highlighter tactfully used, rather than a highlighter for specific areas because then it can look too much and looks a lot more obvious.

It's great for getting a natural glow and looking like you invest in a really expensive skincare routine ;)

OVERPRICED!!! i saw this in sephora and i thought OMG im gonna look so DEWY and i looked like PIZZA!!!! this will make u GREASY and UGLY!!! breaks me out every time!! I recomened TOUCHE ECLAT BY YVES SAINT LAUREN

on 7/23/2014 5:29:00 PM

I was very, very disappointed with this product. I had good hopes for this because I tested it on my hand in Sephora and was amazed at the shimmer and glow. It was fairly expensive, but I gave in and bought it. Trying it on my face the next day was like, "holy crap what happened?!" I looked like an extra in an 80s teen movie and the product left horrid streaks across my face. I tried a smaller amount and padded it on with a brush. I worked more quickly. I applied it with a sponge- all pretty horrendous. Thankfully Sephora was really nice and accepted it back the day after with a great attitude. Yay Sephora! I will not be repurchasing the Nars Illuminator.

on 2/26/2014 4:46:00 PM

Hate this product, it looks like a fake glow beyond a fake glow. You want to look like a glitter bomb hit your face? Go for it. I do not like this highlighter in an shape or form. You can look glittery or you can look like you have a glow within... so choose Nars albatross!!!

Nars albatross is by far the best highlighter. It is natural looking and does not fill your face up with ugly 7th grader glitters, blows my mind how many women like this ugly product. Those same women wear blue lipstick and cake on makeup, no wonder.

NARS ALBATROSS= NATURAL GLOW WITHIN.
COPACABANA= UN-NATURAL, TASTELESS, GLITTER BOMB, TOTALLY DISGUSTING.

on 2/23/2014 2:38:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Really love this product. I was previously using powder highlighters because I wanted something natural looking but decided to try this because the others I was using were simply too subtle. I've been using this everyday since I got it and it's great on pale skin. I place this on my cheekbones and it gives me a healthy glow. This product should last a long time but due to the price I may look for an alternative drugstore product once it's all finished as I think I could find one which is just as good at a lower price, allowing me to splurge on other key makeup items like skin care and foundation.

on 2/19/2014 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my favourite highlighter. My friend got me to buy it years ago and I still have a TONNE left, that's how little you have to use. I put some on my cheekbones, chin, cupid's bow, down my nose and on my forehead. Basically wherever the light hits. I think it's very subtle and gives such a pretty glow.

on 1/25/2014 7:22:00 PM

I got this in a NARS 500 point perk at Sephora so I have a tiny version. Its a pearly pink illuminator and like a lot of NARS products, it is very pigmented and glittery. Not usually my style but again, like other NARS products, it works well if you use a light hand. I've tried mixing it in with foundation, and I've also used it directly on my skin to highlight and it works well both ways. You need the tiniest amount for a subtle highlight. It dries pretty quickly so you have to be quick when you apply it. It stays put after its on. The only reason I said I would not repurchase is because there are other illuminators I would like to try.

on 1/11/2014 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love the light pink, pearly color of Copacabana. It's not too shimmery, but it has more shimmer than The Multiple version. It's a lot like Benefits High Beam, without the fingernail polish packaging, and texture. I mostly use it as a brightener to mix with my foundation, and under eye concealer on days when my skin looks tired and dull. It gives my skin this beautiful glow that I really don't have on those days! Some of the time I like the matte look, other times I want the glow, and this gives it to me. Also, I really like the tube because it keeps everything clean.

Top Rated NARS Products