July 31, 2014 | 1103 users online

Moisturizers - Clean & Clear - Finishes Mattifying Moisturizer spf 15 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 4:08:00 AM More reviews by Wifetylifety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my absolute favorite day moisturizer. I live in the southeastern US and it's very humid, meaning makeup can go from looking incredible to smeared in a matter of minutes. This foundation helps a lot. It kept my skin moisturized without getting greasy. It also has spf15 in it, which is always nice to know.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Simpliciti3

I was browsing the aisles at Big Lots and saw this. Anything that says mattifying immediately intridges me because I have such oily skin.

I was surprised to find that it does mattify! Sadly for me it really only stays matte for about an hour. It also looks very white upon application, so this is definitely something you don't want to apply on with a heavy hand. The white cast goes away after 10 minutes or so.

I usually mix this with my sunscreen (Neutrogena ultra sheer dry touch sunblock spf 70) so I don't have the issue with the white cast. Its not a big deal if you are going to wear makeup over it though.

As far as scent, I really like the scent! Its very fresh smelling.

Overall, its an okay moisturizer. It mattifies but only for a short amount of time on my skin. Would I repurchase? No.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by Star28

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me preface by saying that I have never found a sunscreen product that hasn't made my face shiny or my nose an oil slick after an hour of so or wear. Bought this to give it a try based on the reviews here, and have finally found my HG facial sunscreen/moisturizer! I haven't experienced any of the whitish haze to my skin after applying. It goes on MATTE, zero shine! Works great as a primer, too. Not too moisturizing, but I don't really need much of a moisturizer (normal skin with an oily t-zone).. And... it doesn't break me out at all! Found this at Big Lots (also thanks to reviews here!), only got one tube to try but going back to stock up while it's still available. Love this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by itshot123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Giving a review base on my mom. She had me looking everywhere and discover it had been discontinued. However, like some of the other comments it can be found at Big Lots. Yes, out of all places!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Emilyisagiant

I've tried a few moisturizers and this is definitely my favorite. First of all, the bottle will last you forever. I'm down to about 1/5 of the bottle and I've had it for over six months. It mattifies really well and it won't dry out your skin. The only problem I have with this moisturizer is that you will look pasty for a little bit because the color stays on your skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by MadchenRogue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

***review from my blog***item purchased at big lots!***
    Another review, way overdue. Before I start on the review,let me state that this product has been discontinued. I have done some online search regarding this product and I was surprised to find out how many people were actually upset that this product had been discontinued. When I was at Big Lots, I saw a huge stock of this at the price you see on the box. So on to the review!!!!!!!!!!

I have the oiliest of all oil skin. My curse. Whilst browsing at Big Lots, I saw this huge stock of this mattifyer. I only have 2 that I have used NYX Shine Killer and the Rimmel 2nd formula all in one mattifyer. Before I decided to nabbed this, I made sure this product was not expired, which thankfully it wasn't.

So how does this perform?

I will say this is one HELL of a marvelous moisturizer. It in fact, dried my skin into a perfect matte state. My face looked impeccable with this mattifyer. My skin looked shine free for about 3-4 hours. Not so bad at all!!! What I need to do, is test this with my neutrogena Shine free foundation. But for those inquiring minds, I have provided here the Neutrogena shine control primer for comparisons. The Neutrogena one retails at 12.00, this one at $4.00. And hint hint, the Clean&Clear ALSO INCLUDES the "Rice Protein" !!!!!!The Clean & Clear contains 1.7 oz, while Neutrogena contains 1.0 oz!! As for the ingredients?????? Not Identical, but share many properties like Dimethicone, Rice protein. A small issue I had using this is that I needed to make sure my skin was saturated well with this product. Also, if you do not go over your skin well, you will see small white streaks of the moisturizer that has not been blended.

Final Thoughts??
    Clear & Clear were absolutely incredibly undeniably stupid to discontinue this product. Whatever numbers they were calculating in their heads, they should have atleast made this product available online; if they could not justify having it available at the stores.

My Recommendation? Buy one and test it out. If the performance of this moisturizer-mattifyer blows your mind, stock it up FAST my friend!!! Who knows when will the stock run out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by peachesndream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this recently on discount and thought it would be good to try (that is why I put a dirt cheap rating. Not sure of the retail. I paid $3.80 at Big Lots.) I think it is pretty nice and does a good job of controlling oil. It does not prevent the oil but it does help control it more than just a regular lotion.

I also enjoy the smell. The texture is not very smooth and silky, but I think that is due to the oil controlling rice protein in it. It doesn't impact the way makeup goes on at all for me. The SPF is nice, but at only 15 was not a selling point for me since I would rely on something stronger for my sun protection on most days. However, if I know i am just going to be at home or not out too much, SPF 15 is fine and I like that it is there for extra insurance.

The major think to comment on, which others have, too, is the white haze it create on the face after application. You will look like a geisha girl for a while and it can sit there if you don't rub it in. This was turn off for me at first and I was going to return it but I decided to try it again and you need to rub it in until it disappears, which it really does. The key is to rub it in once you apply and work it in without letting it sit there. Then, to me, there is really no white cast, or at the very least, it is minimal and it does not interfere with the color of my foundation at all.

I also do love the packaging! The container is sleek and actually the plastic has a matte finish, too. I think it looks classy and almost upscale, at least for drugstore.

I would buy this again and actually did go buy another one today for a backup. If you are having trouble with the white hue, try rubbing it in a lot like I said before you think of returning it. That really solved my initial problem with it.

Also, I really like and trust Clean & Clear. I feel safe putting them on my skin and have had no breakouts.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by elidee14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This left a white film on my face and did nothing to control my oils. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

I purchased this for under $4 at Big Lots. I hadn't heard much about this product and was skeptical to try it out. I used to use the T Zone shine control lotion from Clinique but it was discontinued. I've been searching high and low for something to help control oil throughout the day. I've been using this for about a week and i'm in LOVE. However im worried this has been discontinued as well since I found it super cheap at Big Lots. When you first apply it to your skin it leaves a white cast on your skin. However I apply this under makeup so it doesn't really make a difference to me. Also I feel like I have to use a bit of product to get it to blend it in. But still, I will definitely keep repurchasing until I can't find it anymore!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by KandyKisses

Okay, I do LOVE this lotion. I have an insanely oily face and this definitely keeps my skin dry for a few hours. The packaging is nice and sleek as well. That's about all the good things I have to say! It's pretty expensive for the small size. I guess you aren't supposed to use too much of it, but it doesn't moisturize that well so I have to use a lot to make sure it SOMEWHAT gets my dry spots... and even then, I have to use a different moisturizer for those spots (Nivea or Freeman) and the Clean & Clear lotion gets all icky when I rub another lotion on top of it. The worst thing about this moisturizer is it makes you look like a GHOST. I would not recommend this if you're wearing it alone with no make-up. Even with make-up, I have to wear much darker shades because of how ghostly and pale I look when I wear this. Either way, this is great at controlling oil and I have the cleanser as well. The cleanser rocks just as much, but they both have a not-so-nice smell. Kind of like clay, but with chemicals... not so pretty smelling. It would be so awesome if they worked on the smell - I would use this a lot more often. I probably will repurchase because this is one of the only moisturizers that claims to control oil and ACTUALLY DOES IT! Clean & Clear products rock my world, and I use many other. I hope this line stays available for us with the nasty oily skin!