November 27, 2014 | 1631 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Define-A-Line Brownish Black

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2014 8:59:00 AM More reviews by alywesney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I hate this eye liner! I am pretty sure Maybelline stopped making it, or at least all stores I go seem to be running out of it and they are not restocking it.

This is by far one of the worst eye liners I have ever used. I really like the color of it and for about 4 seconds it looks nice, but I have never used an eyeliner that smudges so bad and makes me look like I have racoon eyes so super quick!

The eyeliner comes with a little white tip on the bottom end for smudging which does work nicely. But other than smudger I hate it!

I would have to say you get a good amount for the price you pay, but it is not worth buying!

I would not recommend this to anyone!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by kookielovins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this because the Maybelline define-a-brow is amazing! This is the worst eyeliner I've ever bought. It smudges, it doesn't dry, it creases, it's oily, it easily breaks off, it never sets, it goes all over your face. 0 stars.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I actually purchased this thinking that it was Define-a-Brow...Then I went home and after a few minutes experimenting with it I finally realized that it was an eyeliner. Oh well.
Nonetheless, it's not a bad brow pencil at all. Brownish Black is actually more of a cool-toned dark brown than brownish black, but it definitely works for my naturally black eyebrows (no red undertones, thank God).
It's very smooth and glides on easily. I can still do feather-light strokes, but this formula isn't the best I've tried for eyebrows. Then again, it's not meant for the brows, so I can't complain.
As an eyeliner, it's pretty bad. It doesn't set itself, so it will definitegly smudge, especially seeing as how easily smudgable the formula is.
The smudger is nice, but if you smudge too much, the smudger will actually start to remove the product.
I also don't like how the smudger cap falls off too easily.
Pretty cheap at only $5. But there are eyeliners that perform like a high-end eyeliner that are even cheaper than this (namely, Prestige and Milani).
Would I repurchase? No.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by raanders

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you want a long lasting product to line your eyes with, this is not for you. This product has the tendency to bleed, and does not last throughout the day. If you happen to be looking for a long lasting eyeliner, I would recommend picking out a liquid gel. However, the things that I actually liked about this product, are that it is soft, glides on easily, and you vary it in intensity (still would not recommend purchasing). If you are going to try out this eyeliner, just do not tight-line your eyes, else you'll have brown smudges leaking down your face.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by sammyleighox

I really like this product. It is very smooth and easy to apply. The color isn't too brown and it isn't too black, which really works well against my skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 3:28:00 AM More reviews by waflini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was an awesome product!! I loved this eyeliner, it was easy to put on, very smooth and was wonderful for smokey eyes or even a day lightly-lined look. Can NOT believe that they do not stock this anymore.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Excellent mascara, more liquid than paste which i liked.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by winniedahpooh

I love the packaging, the color, the creamyness, but the lasting power...oh no.
The packaging is bright green, which is handy for finding quickly in your makeup collection. Its retractable which is nice. The color isn't quite brownish black, but more flat out dark brown, but its pretty. Its so creamy and very pigmented. Now this product slides off in about 30 minutes, whenever I use a primer and set it with shadow. Without that, it doesn't last even five minutes.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by nightinggale07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the worst eyeliners I have ever used. The packaging is nice- that is the one thing this eyeliner has in its favor. I put it on and even with powder over top of it, within two hours, it was all over my under eye area. I don't have particularly sweaty under eyes but this product smudged and smeared with the worst of them. No thanks!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by roxydog

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great for upper lid defintion, makes eyes stand out and look bigger. Nice creamy formula, no need to sharpen! :) Plus it's a awesome price and good quality, no irritation on my sensitve eyes!