Suave Professionals Black Raspberry and White Tea Color Care

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Camellia Sinesis Leaf Extract, Rubus Occidentalis Fruit Juice, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower/Leaf Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil (Lemongrass), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Behentrimonium Chloride, Fragrance, Dipropylene Glycol, Latic Acid, Amodimethicone, Potassium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, PEG-7 Propylheptyl Either, Cetrimonium Chloride, PEG-150 Distearate, Benzophenone-4, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

I have the worst hair when it comes to oil, dryness, you name it-I got it. I've splurged on every hair product known to man and have buried myself in wasted products that do absolutely nothing. I ran across this shampoo doing a quick shopping trip and grabbed it in a hurry not concerned about what I was actually purchasing. This line is amazing, it smells amazing and makes my hair feel like I got a fresh blow out. It makes my hair soft and shiny and takes every little bit of oil I can trace out of my blonde strands. It's priced super affordable for those who prefer to go the drugstore route, and honestly is comparable to salon quality shampoo. Just make sure you really scrub and massage your head when applying, that is the secret to the freshet feeling hair!

on 7/1/2015 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

What I like about Suave is they use quality, beneficial ingredients while still keeping the pricepoint low. I've gone through all the ingredient lists of conditioners at Walgreens - this specific line of Suave's ranked the highest in my book.

Black Raspberry and White Tea is best suited as an everyday conditioner. I tried using it for strictly co-washing and was left with greasy hair. And it's not thick enough to be used as a masque, either. But for an everyday shampoo/conditioner shower, it's fantastic. The scent is my favorite from Suave because it's very girly.

I organized this line's conditioners in order of most moisturizing to least:

Suave Almond and Shea Butter
Suave Black Raspberry and White Tea
Suave Rosemary and Mint

I would honestly recommend them all.

on 2/18/2015 8:51:00 AM

Great shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair. Seems to work just as well as high end brands though I wish it were sulfate free. The conditioner seems runny but still works great!

on 11/14/2014 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love love love this! Just finished doing a review on the shampoo. I love how it smells, it left my hair super soft tangle free I also added a few drops of oil and it made it even softer! I will repurchase this product again.

on 10/2/2014 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think I found my new HG shampoo and conditioner. I was using Pureology Hydrate system, but it's wayyy to expensive and I can no longer afford it. I was looking for a shampoo and conditioner that would hydrate my hair well, and not destroy it by making it feel like straw or too dry like some shampoos and conditioners can do. My hair is not color treated, but it doesn't really matter. Also, I have really long hair. This makes my hair manageable, soft, and shiny. It feels nice while in the shower, too. The ingredients are nice in my opinion...some of the oils are actually the same as in the Pureology Hydrate, but this stuff is WAY LESS MONEY and almost does the same thing!! Suave is way more affordable. I wish I would have found this stuff before. Also, I found that with the Pureology, the conditioner was super hard to rinse...I felt like it never completely rinsed off (probably all the silicones)...I have no problem with the Suave.
I would repurchase

EDIT: did not know my review was only for the conditioner. I no longer use the shampoo because it makes my hair too oily. I ONLY use the CONDITIONER now because it makes my hair super soft! (only use it from mid-lenght to the ends, not on my oily scalp) love this conditioner! If you have oily hair, watch out for the shampoo it could make it worse

Oh, and my boyfriend told me the other morning that my hair was so soft and asked what I was using. He said my hair was so soft he wanted to brush it so he did lol. Even though he doesn't need to use the suave he said he loved it because of how it works for my hair :D

on 5/6/2014 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This moisturized really well and smelt really good. I didn't like that it was a runny consistency, I like thicker hair products. This isn't my favorite from the line still, I like almond & shea the best, but I rotate to this one sometimes because my hair does better switching around.
Overall, pretty good. I'm not sure why you should pick this one over almond & shea, can't think of any good reason, but if you find it on sale and need some variety, why not.
I color my hair only once in a while so that wasn't a big concern for me when I bought the conditioner. So take that into consideration if you've read this :]

on 4/17/2014 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is awesome. So happy I tried it. What a pleasant surprise. I have very, very dry colored hair and I need a conditioner that is thick enough to not leave my hair a frizzy mess. This stuff does the job beautifully. I can easily get a brush through my hair after washing it and leaves my hair soft and shiny. Also LOVE the shampoo!!

on 3/31/2014 8:36:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

LOVE this conditioner! I agree with the previous review - a total gem. I bought it on a whim on clearance at Randall's for $1.09. It's not being discontinued - they just don't carry it anymore. You can also find it at Walmart for $1.99.

It smells great and leaves my curly/wavy hair with TONS of volume. I don't have colored hair, so I can't comment on how well it works at preserving color. But I will definitely keep it in my conditioner rotation.

on 12/9/2013 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is such a gem! So cheap, I got it on sale at Kroger for $1.99! Definitely an instance where you get more than what you paid for :) It smells yummy, moisturizes wonderfully and is probably the best conditioner I've ever tried. I use it in tandem with Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy Color Care shampoo. I didn't care for the matching shampoo as much---I did try it since it was on sale---hey, I'm only out $2, I've wasted more money on far crappier products in the past, so I'm not losing any sleep over that fail. For the record, my hair is regularly highlighted and toned. I get lovely shiny, happy hair from this. And to think, I was killing myself buying the John Frieda Repair conditioner at $7 a pop and running out of it faster too! Love this.

on 1/8/2013 10:42:00 AM

I have tried MANY color care shampoos and conditioners and these are absolutely positively the very BEST. Hands down!!!!!