December 22, 2014 | 1682 users online

Treatments (Face) - Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) - Lactic Acid Peel 40%

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by RadishTime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this once a week for 3 weeks back in december, and then just finished a course of once a week peel for 6 weeks. (this was using the 1/2 oz sample size...and I stil have half the bottle left. there are a lot of uses in there!)

I kept hoping it would be better with time, but I think I've used it long enough now to say that it is not for me.
My skin is sensitive and a little on the dryer side so this just may have been to harsh for my skin, or perhaps the 1x a week exfoliation (using no other actives while I was using this) was not enough to keep my skin clear.

While I am a huge fan of the 25% mandelic peel, this made me flaky and irritated my skin, and did not make a noticeable difference in clogged pores like the mandelic did.

While I do think this peel would be able to fade acne scars and dark marks, I found myself breaking out more while using this product, creating new dark marks, and defeating the purpose of the peel.
I will go back to using the mandelic peel 2x a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by smsbell

I have only had BHA peels professionally done a couple of times prior to trying this lactic acid peel so I was very nervous about doing this at home. I literally cannot believe that you can buy a product that is so quick and easy to use that gives this type of result! I wish I would have found this years ago. Follow the directions exactly, don't mess around with the steps or time limits. After fighting acne for several years, I am down to occasional breakouts, usually due to products. My skin clogs from everything (I'm still trying to find a sun screen that doesn't engorge my pores or cause breakouts). Using this stuff makes my skin soft, glowing, keeps my pores clean, seems to help my other products work better and even seems to be helping with the bumpy, crepey skin under my eyes. I bought the glycolic to try but haven't gotten to it yet. This works so well, I don't know if I really need to go up in strength or try any other types of peels. You can literally do this A-Z in 10 minutes. I am careful not to use my ProActiv scrub on the same day or any other harsh products for 48 hours and my skin as no real peeling or irritation, the dead skin just seems to ...disappear. I do wish they gave twice the amount of the PH stuff as you use that twice each time, so you go through it twice as fast as the peel. Reviewers have said witch hazel works just as well and since it is so cheap, I bought some of that to try out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by cbrulee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just finished my third peel in 14 days and I'm very happy with the results. It has smoothed my skin more then any other product that I have used, and has lightened my sun spots. YAY! This is my first purchase from MUAC and I am very pleased with them.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by fatimadarling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found this 40% lactic acid peel from MUAC to be not what i quite expected. I have been using organic lemon on my face for hyperpigmentation for about a month now. The results were descent. So i thought i would take it up a notch and place an order the MUAC 40% lactic acid peel. I placed my order on a Thurs. and recieved it on a Monday. Not so bad. So i followed the instructions and went through with the process. It tingled a bit but nothing out of the ordinary just like when i use lemons, same thing. So i figured since its my first time I am supposed to leave it on for 3 mins but i did a whole 9 mins and it was totally do-able. Just a mild tingle nothing major. The results, I dont really see a difference from when i was using lemon juice on my face. Honestly! I don't know what thats all about I wish now that i had tried the 55% lactic acid peel just coz i think my skin can tolerate it. Anyhow I hate to waste this product but i will try again in 4-5 days in my hyperpigmented areas until i finish the product then i will go for a 55%. But i think the litmus test should be if you can tolerate lemon, go up a notch! My complexion ranges from NC43-NC-45. *sigh* i was really anticipating a major change but u know.. it is what it is !

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Lilli07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Rave reviews for this product. My skin had been through everything, cystic acne, antibiotics, multiple levels of Retin-A, and Beta Hydrox peels as a teenager. The effects of those treatments were harsh on my skin, and didn't really work. Still was breaking out in mid twenties, and I was one of those people who got chicken pox as an adult. Desperate I took a nail buffer to face, especially left side and cried, just to get rid of some of the pitting. Bad idea, it left me with discoloration and uneven skin tone. Finally stopped breaking out, now dealing with hereditary forehead 11s and one day I was astonished to find forehead ridges like old woman of the hills due to forehead wrinkling habit/dehydrated skin.
Ran screaming to dermatologist cosmetician who insisted Botox not for me just yet, and tried to talk me into a series of laser treatments (2,000.00) or professional peels (900.00) I could join a "skin club" and make monthly payments, yadda yadda yadda... I left the office upset, hating the money grubbing shrew and thought I might have terrible skin forever.
Found MUAC reviews on this site and started slowly with the 40% lactic acid. Since my skin has a high tolerance (occasionally I have rubbed it with lemon juice and sugar for exfoliating) I went for more time. It was stung like lemon juice, but left my skin soft and plump, and no peeling or drying!! After only two treatments skin feels much better, make up glides on. Plugged up pores on nose are clear and smaller. Marks haven't faded yet, but will keep using and feel confident this is good stuff.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Yvetteski

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I find this product is a great beginner peel. I felt it is more gentle than the Platinum skincare I also purchased on-line. The one disappointment is that I found no improvement in my hyper-pigmentation after using the entire bottle with once a week treatment. I have seen improvement in my sebaceous hyperplasia with continued use of both lactic and glycolic acid peels. I think it has saved me money from fewer dermo visits for removal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by MRSLE

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great find. Thank you Skincare board! I have the most sensitive skin but it tends to get a little thick. I was very hesitant to try this because of my extreme sensitivity but I am glad that I did. It comes in a basic plastic bottles with a spout. There is a toner and then the peel. The instructions say to use the toner and let it dry. And then to use the peel. It says to use up to 7 minutes but I have never gone longer than 3 1/2 minutes. My skin doesn't really peel a lot but it does get slightly red and looks very glowy. It says to use it up to twice a week but my skin can only tolerate every other. It's a great product and really inexpensive!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No