September 15, 2014 | 905 users online

Shampoo - Renpure - Organics I Love My Hair! Body and Shine Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was an average shampoo. It gave my thick, dry, coarse hair a regular clean.
After a first wash I haven't noticed any difference in shine levels etc-but my hair is very bouncy and moist-with some frizz (I have gotten used that no product can tame MY frizz...)
It smells like a herbal shampoo-but the fragrance didn't last long on me after my hair was combed and dried.
I might repurchase again I got it for 5.99USD at Bed Bath and Beyond (in the new 16.oz bottle same as their Argan oil bottles-but this one is bright green).
I like that this doesn't have sulfates (which I noticed were causing my hair to fall out lately for example Herbal Essence shampoos/etc-not sure why. so now these non-sultate shampoos have helped out a lot and my hair less damaged-not shampoo ad perfect-but better).
Renpure shampoos always tend to moisture my hair great-but don't really help with the frizz, BUT don't have the sulfates.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by PanAm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I wish I could scream from the rooftops 'I LOVE THIS STUFF'.
Because I do. And I'm pretty sure I always will.
I seriously really don't think twice about a shampoo. Ever. It's just stuff you wash your hair with, right? i'll only notice it if it is slowly murdering my hair.
But, let me tell you, I noticed this. In a good way.
First off, the smell is divine. It really is. I cannot stress that enough, I'll just keep smelling my hair all day because it is that great.
I'm not really sure what it did to my hair, to be honest. My hair just looked, well, better. My hair is greasier than you can possibly imagine, think of your highest amount of oil and surpass that. There is times I have to wash it two or three times A DAY.
Not with this stuff. It actually eliminated that over-oiled feeling my hair often had. It is great.
My hair was big, bouncy, and gorgeous looking that just made me want to touch it. I miss it dearly. The only negative thing is that in my humble opinion, it is kind of on the pricy side. It is my HG product, but I like to try many things but I always keep a bottle of it in our beauty closet just in case!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2011 10:07:00 AM More reviews by KutieKMK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love this shampoo. Since it's organic, I dont feel as bad about washing my hair more often. And its gentle, which is really great for wavy hair to maintain shape and moisture. It leaves my hair shiny and silky, and smells awesome. Not a big fan of the conditioner, I use John Frieda sheer blonde go blonder conditioner. So i have light highlights and shiny wavy hair! i luv it

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by MissKSansom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used Renpure's "My pretty hair is parched!" but in my opinion it's not as good as Renpure's "I love my hair".
I love this product, it makes my hair soft, manageable and smelling great. Also it doesn't dry out my hair =]

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Rachael22

I am trying to make all of my cosmetics and personal care products eco-friendly, for the environment and because I don't like putting chemicals on my body. For an eco-friendly shampoo, this has a great lather and actually washes my hair! But it does leave my already oily hair a tad bit oily. I've heard that with "green" shampoos, you have to rinse really well because of all the essential oils. Anyway, I gave it a 4 for the oiliness, and I got the shampoo & conditioner on sale 2/$10, but they're normally $7 each. I don't mind the packaging but I suppose it will make it difficult to turn upside down when it's near its end. But it really does make my hair smooth, soft and shiny - the first time a shampoo has ever delivered on that promise for me. That's why I'll buy again and why I don't mind the oily factor.
Update: down to a 3 because the oil in it makes my already oily hair super oily and made me break out A LOT. It does have a decent lather for a mostly natural shampoo, but the smell is cemically. Maybe it would work well for someone with reeeeeally dry hair and skin that isn't so sensitive.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2011 1:43:00 AM More reviews by TammyTellsIt

This is a nice sulfate free organic line. I bought the body and shine shampoo and Miracle Reconstructing conditioner ( by Renpure). The shampoo feels nice and silky and smells good (scent doesn't linger) Not too drying and this leaves my hair with nice volume and shine. I leave the conditioner in for ten min. It really does leave my hair nicely soft and shiny without weighing it down at all. I have damaged colored hair and this has actually gotten me compliments on how healthy and shiny my hair looks from several people, it must be doing something right! I think that you just have to experiment with the different types of formulas to see what works with your hair type. I thought this shampoo might be too drying for my processed hair but it really was moisturizing for it. Although I think a lot of the shine I'm getting is from the Miracle conditioner, its great and I've been using it daily for three weeks now.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Twinkly1216

Green bottle...made me think of green apple and for some reason I was SURE it smelled like green apple so I didn't even smell it before picking it up. I don't like the scent that much, it smells...I don't know...kind of fresh and floral but also very synthetic, nothing natural. Luckily it doesn't stay in your hair after the wash.

The reason this shampoo is getting such a low rating: It doesn't seem to wash out of your hair. Now, when my hair dries it's fine, but while I rinse it just doesn't feel clean. It feels like I still have oils in my hair.

I haven't noticed increased body with this shampoo but my hair is shiny. Whether it's shinier, I don't know, not dramatically shinier but I did notice a little more shine. That's why this is getting 2 lippies instead of just 1.

All-in-all, I'd say pass.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 2:17:00 PM More reviews by OhsnappitsEm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had no luck with this shampoo whatsoever. I was in search for a good sulfate free and organic shampoo and this fit the bill. I was going to try a Kiss My Face shampoo but this was few dollars cheaper I believe I payed $5 for this shampoo and it came with 2 more ounces. The bottle is a muted light green and the bottles a weird shape so it would be easy to find this on the shelf. Although the price was great I had some trouble with this shampoo. First of all it had a frangrance the frangrance was ok and smelled nice and fresh but it kind of surprised me they would contain that in something that is claimed to be "organic". I have tried washing my hair with this a few times and my hair aways gets oily and dirtier throughout the day. It doesnt seem to clean well and I had to use a clarifying shampooto fix the problem. Overall I do not reconmend this at all and im still searching for the right shampoo for me.