November 23, 2014 | 1919 users online

Pressed Powders - Bourjois - Bio-detox Organic Perfecting Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by xnnxsue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Interesting cus it's organic also cus it's Chanel's sister brand. Very cakey, doesn't blend easily. Clogs my pores. It's jst not right for me. Eventually I used it as a finishing touch to highlight my inverted triangle using a brush. Got a shade lighter by mistake cus of the persistent salesperson. Very disappointing. The packaging is elegant from the outside but shocking on the inside esp the sponge, it's so tiny. Has a 360 degree rotating mirror which is convenient for some. Def not repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by sashnk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So, I bought this today. After buying it, I read the reviews /yes, I usually buy something and then check others' opinion lol/ and I was very disappointed with the negative things that have been said about this product. To start with, I was looking for a powder, which gives a decent coverage. I just like to moisturize my skin and then to apply powder and that's it. I focus on having a blemish-free skin by taking care of it real good,rather than hiding my imperfections. So I want to apply a little bit of makeup, just enough to give color of my face. So as I said I was sad with the negative reviews and I thought I wasted my money. However, now that I tried it, I see that I'm happy with this powder. It has a good finish and leaves my skin soft. It has a good coverage too, hides my redness. I don't know how this would be if I had a foundation on first, then maybe it wouldn't be a good mix, because this is creamy and I'm not sure how it will look on foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 4:48:00 AM More reviews by Yanis

I really love the glow this powder gives to my skin. One of my summer favorites!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2013 8:01:00 AM More reviews by sabanemri

I didn't like this powder.. It's too thick and very noticable on the face.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by patcheskhoo

I absolutely love Bourjois products..I've been a firm follower of thier foundation(s) but this Bio detox organic powder is really the pits! I apply is over my 123 perfecting foundation and thereafter all my pores look more visbile with powder stuck in it...i just look so grossed out. I tried this a few times with varying methods and still the same...

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by SandaAlexis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's not a bad product but not the best one either.
Organic foundations do not contain any silicone which gives the skin that desired silky look, so don't expect a flawless finish.
I always like to have a foundation with me for any necessary touch ups and this is one is definitely not designed for that; the package is too bulky and hard to use and as you build it up on your skin it just gets messy and crumbly.
Pros:
good coverage
long lasting
smells nice

Cons:
bulky package
not to be used for touch ups
gets messy

I wouldn't purchase this product again

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2012 8:00:00 AM More reviews by sparkyrabbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

it just made me look like a greasy ghost..i was at work and i was really embaressed by the look of my face..couldn't wait to go home and wash off this awful product..

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2012 8:17:00 AM More reviews by mixedmatch

i have used this twice. i am impressed with this because initially i was skeptical about it. i have very oily and sensitive skin. i love how it gives a medium coverage (though it doesnt cover redness) and how easy it is to apply. i prep my face with moisturizer and primer so it stays on longer. however i didnt use this for a whole day so i dont know how long my face will stay shine-free. what i took note is that it remained shine-free for about 4 hours. that is pretty good for my skin!

what i didnt like about it was the price i paid for a small sized powder. i wasnt able to take a look at the content of it when i purchased so...it gave me a shock when i got home. but i guess for a powder made of organic products, it is worth the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by makiyazh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Grey

Quite possibly the worst powder I've ever tried. Makes my pores, which are usually not noticeable, HUGE. I tried it over foundation and also by itself. Can't even use it and it was kind of expensive for a drugstore product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 4:49:00 AM More reviews by blinkds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This powder is really wonderful.
This is not a powder actually its a corrector

I found this brand in the mall, didn't know they sold it in Sa so i bought 2 or 3 products before it gets discon....which has happened before!! And i must say im rather impressed because this brand is really cheap here!

Pros:
This is a full coverage power and a heavy duty corrector.
Has a nice soft feel to it, i use the sponge pad that comes with the product because my brushes don't fit properly!!
I pat this on lightly over the imperfection until it disappears, try not to use too much. I recommend that a good primer is applied prior use!
This has the delete effect, flawless finish.
This product is organic which is a major plus for me!!!!!

Cons:
HAS TO BE APPLIED CORRECTLY!!
And has to be an exact match to your foundation and powder because this powder isn't adaptable at all, it can make you appear dirty, blotchy and cakey (I use this powder in light bronze over tanner & Photo Ready foundation).

I will buy again!