August 21, 2014 | 1777 users online

Scrubs - Simple - Oil Balancing Facial Scrub

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by BlinguNoona

I got breakouts recently from a lot of stress, and remembered I have sensitive skin so got back into using Simple products.
The back of the bottle says clearly that this product is gentle enough to use daily.
Although it feels exactly like the sort of exfoliating products that you're only supposed to use twice weekly(ish), I decided to go ahead and use it every day anyways since it said it was okay.

Do not do that. My skin is so much worse, for a Simple product to be too harsh on my skin is pretty crazy since their whole brand is aimed at being kind and gentle to sensitive skin...
I'm gonna try and use it only once a week now and hope things get better!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by madmilly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

actually shocked nobody seemed to enjoy this product, I have combination oily skin and very bad acne. I've tried so many scrubs, all felt super harsh on my skin like rubbing grit over your face and left my face red and sore! this however, is so gentle you have to scrub it in rather harshly. and then wash with warm water, used this twice a week for about a month - I love it. I often get a few flakey bits on my face which looks crap when putting make up over it but this helps smooth out my skin and wash those bastard black heads down the sink ! :) LOVE IT . cute little tube perfect for travel, a pea size amount goes a long way.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by msshantale

Im on the fence about this product, It smells like shoe polish but it leaves my skin smooth I think 0_0 its not harsh at all

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2012 11:02:00 AM More reviews by maiiiyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is great for a travel cleanser, so compact! Although I found it to be an average cleanser (all cleansers are practically the same to me), I was using St. Ives Green Tea Scrub before this (very good reviews on MUA). However, after I bought this on holiday (for the size), I totally ditched my St Ives for it even after holiday! The feeling afterwards is just much more refreshing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by SugarBlush

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I don't know why everyone's not liking this? I love this! I have very oily skin though and live in a very hot and humid country. I used this everyday and cleanse my face with a gentle cleanser afterwards. Just love this, keeps my skin soft and supple.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2011 7:36:00 AM More reviews by lkjhg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Qua scrub, this was gentle enough to use every day, if that's your thing. It didn't feel strong enough for me, I prefer a scrub with some va va voom. It's not a cleansing scrub and it doesn't seem to have either a drying or a moisturizing effect - pretty neutral all round, which is Simple's USP.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2011 6:58:00 AM More reviews by Sweetie360

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After receiving my 'Simple Skincare Report' and being told I should use the Simple 'Oil Balancing' range to help combat my oily t-zone, I went out and bought this scrub along with the matching moisturiser (seperate review).

When I first used this scrub, I made the mistake of not removing my makeup first which ended up being the wrong thing to do as this scrub didn't remove a speck of my makeup. So I washed my makeup off (just using a flannel and water as I don't like using wipes) and then decided to try again with the face scrub. The texture of the scrub is very thick and paste-like and has tiny beads inside. I only used a small amount and rubbed this round my face. I immediately felt all traces of oil/moisture being sucked out of my skin, including my lips. I started to panic, but after rinsing it off and then drying my face, it actually felt surprisingly comfortable.

I only used this scrub once more as unfortunately, my occasional dry cheeks did not like having all moisture sucked out of them. They became blotchy and dry, and with me using this scrub in conjunction with the matching moisturiser, I am not sure which of the two had the worse effect but my spot scars became more visible, to the point where one of the deeper scars on my cheeks actually looks black now, and my face was left feeling tighter than usual even after I stopped using it - it took me 2 days to restore moisture back into my cheeks.

I can only recommend this cream to people with VERY oily skin. Tread carefully if you have any dry skin or prone to dry skin as this may not work for you.

After only 2 uses, it never made me breakout and I only noticed a slight difference on my t-zone during the day. Usually by lunchtime, my t-zone is pretty shiny and I have to blot my face, but this kept the oilyness at bay until just a couple of hours after lunch, so it didn't completely eliminate that oily shine either.