October 2, 2014 | 1337 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Simple - Derma Intensive Relief Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 7:25:00 AM More reviews by redsunset

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a very cheap but VERY effective dry skin cream. I use this under my sunscreen on 'no make-up' days when my skin needs that extra bit of moisturising.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Nosage

I always keep a tube of this and I always take it on holiday (with no other moisturiser). First used in when I was away on a long weekend with OH. I forgot my moisturiser so borrowed OH's. My skin was a bit sore and from the first application this really soothed my skin and sorted out any accompanying dryness. I also took it with me to a very hot California. Any sun soreness was soothed right away. In the UK I use it everyday in the winter and have it on standby at other times. Quite hard to find in the shops - tends to be kept with E45 type creams rather than with the main Simple range. The cheapest I have found is in Wilkinsons and then Superdrug. You can also get it on Amazon. I will always have this to hand. It is better than other similar creams and is also very cheap. I love high end products and regularly waste money on them but if someone said I can only use one moisturiser for the rest of my life out of all those on offer in the world then this is the one I would choose.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by linhyyx

This cream is absolutely amazing! I have mega dry skin which tends to flake and get irritated a lot. My face sometime itches and becomes red. So I was in a search to find a good moisturiser that could solve those problems. I came across this moisturiser when I was on Simple's website and thought I would give this a try. Went to Superdrug and bought the small tube version just to try out. The results, no more dryness! This cream doesn't clog my pores or break me out. It really delivers that hydration and moisture that my skin needs. I absolutely love it! I use it every night and sometimes in the daytime but I tend to wear my Simple Light moisturiser in the day which is just as good. This cream can take a while to sink it but once it does, there is no residue or film like feeling on the skin. I also use this on my hands and anywhere that I have eczema and it works great! Recommend this to anyone with super dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 6:13:00 AM More reviews by Sweetie360

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently had abit of a breakout of eczema on my neck. Not quite sure how it happened but in my unprofessional opinion I think it was down to changes of environmental temperate (out in the cold, into central heating, hot showers, out into the cold etc) and a facial moisturiser that wasn't moisturising enough.

A small patch of stingy, dry, itchy red skin appeared on my neck, and right at the front for the whole world to see. It irritated the life out of me, to the point where I could've just cried. I just wanted to scratch and scratch and scratch, but I knew if I did it would make things a million times worse.

I immediately grabbed my pot of E45 hoping this would solve my eczema problem but my relationship with E45 is love/hate, and it just didn't help me with this situation. E45 tends to irritate my sometimes and when I put this cream on I just wanted to scratch it right off. So, I went on a hunt in my local Superdrug store to try and find something that would calm, soothe and heal my dry irritated skin. My eyes scanned across a range from Simple called "Derma". There were three choices, lotion, cream or hand cream, so I picked up the intensive relief cream which comes in either a tub or a tube. Having a read of the back of the bottle, it sounded like a solution to my problem: "...a unique and innovative range of products ideal for very dry, sensitive skin and is suitable for those prone to eczema and dermatitis." It goes on to say "Specially formulated with highly effective natural Aquaxyl™ and Canola Oil, this easy to apply, non greasy, fast acting Intensive Relief Cream deeply hydrates, restoring your skins natural moisture levels as it protects and prevents further moisture loss." And with a claim that you will see results in just 4 DAYS, I just had a to try this out. The tube only cost me about £3.

After using the cream for the first time my neck felt soothed, calm and much less irritated. I continued to use this cream and I must admit that after just 3 days my neck was in much better condition and my eczema had cleared up. It's been 2 weeks now and I am still using this cream on my neck - not because I have to - because I want to. It's a nice thick texture, sinks in quickly and makes my skin feel very soft. It states you can use this cream on your hands, body and face, but I have extremely sensitive combination skin on ym face so I don't know if I dare try this on my face. But as a cream for clearing up dry skin, it's fabulous and I highly recommend it.