Clinique Aromatics Elixir Body Smoother

4.6

on 9/1/2012 6:10:00 PM

This was my mother's signature scent for many years, it's so beautiful and subtle this fragrance worn as a body moisturiser, the perfume by contrast can strip your nasal passages if over done I.e 2 sprays!

on 10/6/2011 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

My local Macy's had a Clinique Bonus Time GWP going on so I decided to buy something that was an old favorite or something new for me that I would really love. I had been meaning to get some fragrances in lotion form, since perfumes have been upsetting my allergies lately. Lotions, roller balls and solid fragrances have been working out just fine. But lotions seem to give a fragrance that lasts longer than the others. I checked reviews on MUA and since they were mostly positive, I figured I would probably like it too. But I don't just like it, I LOVE IT!!!!
I am a fan of earthy scents and this is perfect for me. I haven't smelled the perfume version but since the lotion has the right amount of fragrance, I think anything more would be way too strong for me. What I really love about the scent is that it smells like something I would imagine ancient royalty would wear. I say that because I had an African body oil fragrance that was called something like Egyptian Musk or Nile something or other... I got it from a vendor at a fair selling African incense and sculptures. I'm also very bohemian/hippie at heart so this suits me perfectly. No it doesn't scream patchouli... but it smells really good. I have no idea what notes are actually in it, but I do like... This is my new signature scent for any season. I want to try the shower gel next. :)

on 4/22/2011 8:39:00 AM

LOVE this product. (See my review of the spray Elixir.)

Layer this with the Elixir for all-day delight. Hey, it even softens your skin!

The most totally sexy fragrance in the world.

on 2/7/2009 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Ok, I totally do not get the love for this product......:(

After reading the amazing reviews, I ran out excitedly to buy this "reported" fabulous body lotion.

Alas, I hate it. The scent is very strong....very masculine and totally overwhelming to me. I tried to avoid being around people at work since I wanted to run away from myself!!!

Did not find it moisturizing, either.

on 12/26/2008 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I swapped for this after reading the reviews, since I find the scent intriguing but too strong. I agree with all the reviews - lovely scent, and wonderful creamy lotion!
Update: Took a lippy off. Though it's a great lotion, the scent is still too strong for me. Everyone in my family thought I smelled bad when I wore this - thought it was a very strong, soapy smell, even when I only put it on my legs. I'll probably finish it but dilute it with unscented lotion when I wear it so it won't be so strong.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

As I mentioned in my review of Aromatics Elixir fragrance, this product is by far the most approachable way to wear this incredibly, hauntingly lovely scent. The spray blasts you with nauseating aldehydes unless you perfect the "walk into the mist method"; the body smoother cuts right to the AE chase: gorgeous clean chypre sillage and warm spices. I owned the fragrance spray and gave it away because it took so much "work" not to let it overpower me. The lotion leaves me fragrant all day and flooded with compliments.

on 10/5/2008 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Love the fragrance in this version. I find the edp to be too strong for me so I use the smoother most often. It has just the right amount of fragrance without it being too overpowering. I use this on my pulse points for an even softer effect than all over. The fragrance lasts all day and it smells heavenly.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Okay, so I'm one of the few people that can wear Aromatics Elixir well. It doesn't smell "old lady", stinky, or even headache inducing on my skin. When people ask what I'm wearing because I smell so nice, they look surprised when I tell them. This brings me to the body smoother. I just purchased this the other day as an add on to my Black Honey to receive a free gift. I'm so glad I did. I think that if AE fragrance is too strong for you but still love the drydown, then I think you could probably wear this (maybe...). It really is a nice warm scent that you catch little wafts of now and then. And it stays all day long and gets embedded in your clothes! On me it smells like a mixture of Aveda's Shampure and Estee Lauder's Knowing. Hippie Sophisticate.

on 2/21/2008 9:52:00 PM

Absolutely divine scent.

on 9/25/2007 3:42:00 PM

This is a holy grail to me! Love this fragrance. The body smoother gives me all I want: a lovely smoothly cream ánd the great, subtile, delicate and sophisticated smell of AE.
When I wear this I don't use the eau de parfum, in fact, I think this is even better than the edp.
Get lot's of compliments also, from men & woman.
Hope Clinique will never stop making this.