October 21, 2014 | 2025 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Trio - I'm Feeling Retro

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by livibMakeupartistry

i like these colors together. theyre very bright and leave brown eyes looking bright.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 6:26:00 AM More reviews by Jessica24601

I seldom wear eyeshadow & when I do, it's Body Shop singles...I was @Walmart & saw this tho & just had to pick it up. It's sooo cheap!! Well the only color I wear from it is the pinky / purple which is just gorgeous on my lids...the blue & white - not so much. Fun & all but I rarely wear it. Impulse purchase, would not re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by CaveofWonders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this trio. The pink purple duo chrome shade is supposed to be a dupe for mac's stars 'n' rockets. Sadly the quality sucks with that one particular shade in this trio. I find i have to go over the pan a lot of times just to get color payoff. Could it be just my palette or does anyone else have this problem? The rest of the colors don't have this problem. The frosty, really frosty white has a bit of fallout but its pigmented nonetheless. The blue which i think is really pretty has a green sheen to it in certain lighting, looks kind of mermaid-y if you put it over a black base. I think the color combination works well if you can use a blue base to make the pink appear more purple. Its still a pretty palette if you like to use each shade individually or if the pink was more pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by chabelita17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love the whole color icon line. i don't always follow the recommendation on the palette. i'm not a fan of the highlight color as i find it to be too glittery and stark for this look. i use the blue on my lids and the purple on my crease instead. it looks much better that way and transition is smoother.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 2:06:00 AM More reviews by brilliantcat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love love love! I'm a fan of the Color Icon range as is, but I almost passed on this. My husband initially steered me towards this palette and I am so glad he did. The colors are phenomenal, pigmented and buildable. They really suited my green eyes and pale coloring and I received so many compliments. I had little problems with fallout, far less so than some of the other palettes. Crappy packaging is my only complaint, as I'm afraid if I travel, this baby won't survive. Kudos WNW, for making the makeup I want incredibly affordable.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by BrittCastsFireballs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I like the contrasting colors. The winning factor? NO FALLOUT! What?! You heard me. Unlike many other cheap drugstore shadows, I've not had any fallout with the Color Icon line. <3
The blue looks a little more turquoise when applied to lids. The purple-pink is gorgeous; it causes a croma-shift/chameleon-effect.
Don't bother using the little brush and applicator that comes with these ... just go ahead and toss those. You'll need a nice shadow brush and, preferably, a crease brush to really push the pigments into your skin. You'll also need a primer if you want these colors to last. Creasing is a bit of a problem with these, but hey, they're $4 so I'm not complainin'.
Overall: cheap price-tag, beautiful colors, no fallout ... with a little primer, these are a keeper.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by spookibelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this because I was looking for a bright purple shadow for a very cheap price. The purple shade in this trio looks beautiful when swatched- it seems to be the same/very similar to WNW's single shadow in Sellout, from what I've seen. When I wore the purple shade on my lids, it looked way more pink, and too bright. The white shade is the same as the top left shade (browbone) in the Blue Had Me At Hello 8-pan palette. The blue shade is just okay, blue is the eyeshadow colour I wear the least, and this one is a bit turquoise-ish but not really, and not super-pigmented. I wouldn't buy this trio again- I love Wet'n'Wild, and the pinky-purple shade is nice, but I don't like it on me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by playmate420

i think for someone starting out in makeup this is a great buy but for women (or men) who look for the quality of the eye shadow this isnt really reasonable.

yes the shadows are very pigmented
easily swatched on finger but SOME colors dont pick up on the eye shadow brush at all
their so soft they shatter easily
hard to blend
fades

buying them in trios your really getting a win-or-loose because some of the eye shadows inside are great while others are disastrous

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by morningviewangel99

This is my absolute favorite of all the color icon trios I have tried so far. It also happened to be the first one I got, and I was a little wary of the bright colors while they were still in the packaging, but I wanted to try something different. Once I put them on, I found that I loved the way they looked on me! (NC 20ish, blue eyes, dark blonde hair). The magenta eyelid color really made my blue eyes stand out, and the blue crease color was easy to blend so it didn't just look like a ridiculous blue streak across the eyelid. The white browbone color acted as a great highlighter, helping my eyes to look wider and more awake, brightening up my whole face. It is great for a soft, feminine look, I consider it my go to "ethereal fairy princess makeup" lol. I would say it has remarkable staying power for a ds quality brand. I have worn it for 8-12 hours with only slight smudging or creasing, and it works great with or without eyelid primer. For 2.99 I would hightly recommend anyone try it and see if it works for them!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2012 3:28:00 AM More reviews by trufflegallery

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like most of the WnW Color Icon Trios, but not this one. The purple/lid shade is very sheer and takes quite a swipes to get some decent color and once it shows up more pink than purple, which I didn't like at all. That paired with the blue crease shade looked horrible on me. The two colors didn't blend well and it looked like a muddy mess on my lids.