September 16, 2014 | 1744 users online

Self Tanners - L'Oreal - Sublime Bronze Clear Self-Tanning Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 2:41:00 AM More reviews by GraceyKentera

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I honestly do not understand the one lippy reviews on this tanner- people obviously can't recognise a great product when they see it! I have tried many many fake tanners over the years: foams, creams, liquids, sprays, and finally I stumbled across this gel.

Packaging: it comes in pretty packaging and the nozzle could not be easier to use. Its the first gel fake tanner I've seen that sprays on, and its a great idea. The nozzle makes it super easy to spray the gel exactly where you desire and also keeps the bottle from getting all slimy, as you only need one hand.

Scent & Texture: as others have mentioned, it does smell similar to men's cologne, but then, it is rare that I find a fake tanner that smells nice. These are chemicals that change the colour of your skin people, you can't expect them to smell like daisies! As far as the texture goes, I love the clear gel and find it super easy to see which areas I've done due to the initial shininess on the skin.

Feel: it doesn't dry instantly like other fake tanners can, I'm guessing because it's a gel and not a foam/spray. I'm never in a hurry when fake tanning though, so I don't mind at all. Just plan your tan sessions to be when you have ten minutes spare to loll about bare-skinned. I have put clothes on over the top after only five minutes before though, and it seems to stick to my skin and doesn't stain my clothes.

Finish: the best part of this product, of course, is its fantastic results. My tan is a non-streaky, even brown and looks natural. For those saying there's is too dark/unnatural looking: choose a different shade? Don't apply every day? I have fair-medium skin so chose the shade Medium, and it makes me look like I've just been to the Caribbean for a month.

I believe this is a great product for people that don't want to spend copious amounts of money on spray tans or high end tanners. It really will give you a gorgeous finish if applied correctly and is my favourite tanner!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2013 7:58:00 AM More reviews by Rozzy77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this bronzer as a freebie in a swap and really wanted to try it. Showered and exfoliate as usual. Did not use a lotion or powder after shower for clean application. It went on clear so it's hard to tell color change. I like quick dry bronzers and after 30 minutes I had to remove it and start with someone new. I was not impressed. I give this bronzer a low rating because of the gel texture, it does not dry fast (needs more than 30 min), scent, uneven, and no color.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by janeeugenia

atrocious horrific orange colour, not a good buy thumbs down

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by denon

I have just purchased this product and after first try, I do like it. I have to admit, I read another review and agree; the smell is exactly like men's cologne.. It isn't BAD but I don't want to smell like a dude. This issue was solved after about 20 minutes I used my own perfume and no one has been able to smell the tanner.

Note: I am not a self-tanner. This literally is my first time and so far (after 9 hours), I'm not any tinge of orange, it's been gradually getting a little darker but not blotchy and not difficult to apply either. I didn't have issues with the spray at all. I didn't use gloves; I just used moisturizer on my knees, ankles and elbows prior to application and washed my hands really well after! I really hope as time goes on it doesn't disappoint but so far, I think it's a decent product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by reinhartjm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Its seems that you either love it or you hate it. It may have something to do with they way it is applied. It works great for me and is the best self tanner that I have ever used (I have used many). It never streaks, it never leaves spots, and it never over tans my knees or ankles. Here is how I use it: Every other day after I am completely dry after my shower I spray it into my hand, rub my hands together and quickly apply it because it drys fast. I have a system to make sure that I don't put too much on. I use 6 pumps in my hands for each calf and then I get my feet when I don't feel much left on my hands; 9 pumps in my hands for each thigh and then I get my knees when I don't feel much left on my hands; 4 pumps each for my arms; 6 pumps for my chest and shoulders; 6 pumps for my belly and I have someone help me with my back. I never put it on before bed and I never wear white after putting it on. I save my whites for the next day since I only put it on every other day. If you go in the water for a long time, be careful not to rub or scratch your skin because it will take it off.. just like a scrub.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 2:17:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

For reference I have very dry, fair olive skin. I usually can wear the lightest foundation shade in a line, that leans yellow. I live by the shore and have always wanted to look tan but will not risk my health for vanity so wear sunscreen and use self tanners instead. I've tried upwards of 30. Department store to drug store and several variations in this line. I really like the tube version of the self tanning gel. Even in medium I get a true tan in one coat that's fairly deep and lasts me several days at least. I was glad to find what seemed to be a spray verion of the same thing (looks alike too). But I need to apply twice to get the same depth of color using the spray version. If I apply a few days in a row I can get a pretty dark tan but I feel it goes "down hill" faster than the tube version and in 2-r days I'm scrubbing like mad to try and remove all traces to start again. The spray is hard to pump especially if your hands are greasy, as they will be from this. I use non latex gloves to apply. I will not repurchase because I think you get more bang for the buck using the tube version. Further, I feel that one has a slightly more red undertone than this rendering it more natural. Lastly, despite what some say due to my very skin I apply a body lotion with AHA/BHA, prior to using self tanners, then more a little while after. That type of lotion seems to make application smoother as the skin is, also makes it easier to remove.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by a3028597

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin, when pale tends to get an almost purple look to it when I'm cold (not super cold even, just sitting inside during the summer all day type of cold is enough) and that does NOT fly with me.. I have been trying out different tanning products for years and the only one besides this that really seems to work for me is the victoria's secret bare bronze daily glow self moisturizer, but I tend to onl use that when I am looking for a DEEP, very noticable tan. After just 1-3 applications of this my skin is a nice slightly tan color and the reddish purple hint is all gone, while not replaced with that nasty orange color that jergins and even other l'oreal products seem to give me. with enough application this will become a dark color, and the hue is still not very orangy. Great product overall, minus the weird cologne smell that tries to cover up the self tanner smell. be carefull to apply evenly as other reveiws have recorded looking splotchy, but I have had no problem! Also, as with all tanners, exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by DRIA135

This is a GREAT self-tanner that gives you a beautiful color within one application. It gives you a natural deep tan like you have been in the sun for about a week and it lasts long too! One of my favorites...and I have used lots!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 9:15:00 AM More reviews by earthflower

Love this! The pump is great because you know you are putting on exactly the same amount on each body part and avoiding getting the look of, for example, one leg being tanner than the other. Also the smell is barely noticeable, less than any other self-tanner product I've used including other Sublime products (the gel version in the sqeeze bottle reeks). I've never been able to finish a bottle of self-tanner before because I get so sick of the smell, so that is probably the best part of this product for me.
I've tried applying this a couple different ways, and the results always look the most natural when I mix about 3 pumps with a quarter-size drop of lotion and do each body part. Then I go back over ankles and knees with more lotion- never streaks this way. The best thing is how natural the color looks. My husband was walking behind me outdoors yesterday and he said " wow your tan looks great" (totally out of the blue btw) and he had no idea it was fake until I told him. This doesn't turn me yellow, like most do,(or orange) it just turns me the exact same color that I naturally tan.
The only negative is that it says on the back not to apply to your face. So you'll need another product for that. Otherwise great.
Will stock up on this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great SUPER CHEAP face / neck hands bronzer. Gotta mix with moisturizer and perhaps some gold illuminizer to get a light color for your face but seriously - cheap and works. For your body its alot of work to put on and not sure its worth it