August 21, 2014 | 1745 users online

Concealers - Prescriptives - Camouflage Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by bumblebee770

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, in my quest for the perfect under eye concealer to use when wearing a powder foundation or TM, I turned to an old lost friend (now online only). I love my Lancome Effarcenes in Clair II but it's a touch light unless used over foundation and almost gives the white undereye look. I first ordered this in Light Cool and it was too light. So then, when checking out the website I noticed they have a panel of Beauty Geniuses with photos so...I emailed customer service and said hey I have the same coloring as I think Bobbi - what color would she pick? Answer was Medium Cool and presto, it is indeed perfect. I still like the texture and finish of Lancome better but this shade is spot on (just about a 1/2 shade darker than Clair II) so I'm happy. It also works well on the face so I can dispense with using 2 concealers. Glad they are still around and excellent job on the customer service! Oh, shipping was free both ways and return was processed very quickly.
EDIT - returning - after a few uses noticed that the texture is oddly grainy and it is separating too as it wears. Returning this too. Sad, I wanted to like PX (again) so much!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 9:24:00 AM More reviews by RThorn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If I could only have one concealer, it would probably be this one. I have Light 03 and it's a good match to my fair, neutral-toned skin. It has great coverage but also blends and sheers out nicely if needed. This means it works great as an undereye concealer and I can also apply it a little bit heavier with a small brush to cover blemishes and dark spots. The tube is generous and lasts forever--I've had this for months and haven't even made a dent. I got this as a GWP and was surprised to even learn that Prescriptives was still in business! I'm definitely checking out the rest of their line (only sold at their website now).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by lestrange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have this in Blue/Red Light 08. I was extremely pleased with it because the color match was perfect which is very hard for my light cool toned skin to find. The coverage is fantastic for a liquid concealer. The squeeze tube is good until you get close to the end, but that is expected. It's half an oz in size, so it lasted a super long time too. Overall I am very pleased with this product and I'm definitely repurchasing for when I need a concealer with this texture. This is definitely making me want to look into other Prescriptives products!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by asoloff812

This product makes me break out like crazy - huge cycstic acne develops without fail ~2 days after I use. It's a shame since the coverage is great. I even tired mixing with my under-eye cream and using as an under-eye concealer and i woke up in the morning with 5 big pimples right under my eyes on both sides. Guess there is a first time for everything.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by dottypalm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this product, as soon as I put it under my eyes I could see an immediate difference. Very pricey but like they say you get what you pay for, had been using Strivectin under eye cream but this one really puts it to shame.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by t00zday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This was the concealer I used throughout my college years. Yellow/Orange light. It was fantastic! The tube lasted quite a long time. Color spread evenly and I could cover what I wanted to cover in a short period. Didn't have to 'work it in'.
On my college-age youthful skin, it was great! I did have problems hiding blemishes with it. The pigmentation just was not thick enough to disguise them for me. This stuff managed to stay on my oily skin for hours, and was pure enough not to break me out when I went to bed w/o cleaning my face. I re-tried some at a Rx counter a couple years ago when I was feeling nostalgic and found that it really seemed to show off the lines and bags around my eyes. Soooo maybe not for the matured skin.
Still a quality product worth checking into.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by ilminyia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best concealer I have ever used, and at times I felt like I had tried them all. It does not crease under the eyes and I also use it on eyelids as a shadow primer. The color match on me is perfect (yellow/orange medium 04) for hiding dark circles, which this does really well, and lasts all day. The Prescriptives web site is in fact very alive and well and they are selling lots of products - they are bringing back and manufacturing products all the time. I will buy this concealer over, and over, and over... love it. Definitely my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 1:11:00 PM More reviews by ellekaye

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Grey, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for over 25 years. Have tried other concealers but they never match my skin tone correctly. Camouflage cream is a great texture and can be layered to cover dark spots. I just found out that Prescriptives has been totally discontinued, and there is no more of my color R/O Light available anywhere! I don't know where to start looking for a substitute. So far everything is either too sticky for my oily skin, or too sheer to really conceal the dark spot on my jaw.

And commnet on tashatoro's review below -- No, they are no longer making any Prescriptives, your rep was wrong. They were just going to sell the remaining stock online.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2009 12:27:00 AM More reviews by tashatoro

I've had this concealor for awhile now and I must say that I love it as an eye shadow base! I put it on my lids and then apply my e/s and it doesn't budge! I gave it a 4 because as a concealer the coverage is ok I find I have to use a brush and layer for max coverage..also I spoke to the prescriptives rep who told me that they are pulling prescriptives out of stores but their products will still be made and sold on line only!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by GryphonLovesLipstick

This has been a staple in my makeup bag for about 10 years. I really like that you get color-matched at the counter the first time (or each time you get a new one if you want to make sure your shade is still true). This ensures the concealer matches my skintone, even if I lighten or darken a bit with the seasons. Each tube also lasts forever so I think it's worth the splurge. It has a thick, creamy texture that I use for my undereye circles, and to cover any breakouts or marks anywhere else on my face. Only downsides: as I've gotten older, I've found that it can be a bit dry on the thin skin under my eyes but I just pat something moisturizing over it and it's fine. Also, as a liquid concealer it's not always as thick or opaque as I'd like it to be but when that's the case, I just supplement with a stick concealer. The perfect color-match and general versatility of this concealer still makes it one of my beauty musts.