Prescriptives Camouflage Cream

3.9

Water, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Tea-Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Shea Butter, Cetyl Esters, Lecithin, Polybutene, Polysorbate 85, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Stearyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines.

on 1/20/2015 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have been using this product for at least 15 years. The Blue/Red light was a perfect match when I used to buy it at the department store. (I really like a pink undertone and find that anything yellow looks bad on my skin). I like the fact that it is very sheer and natural. I tried a few others after it was discontinued but found it online again recently. The color was still the same, but I can't say the coverage is perfect anymore. This is likely due to my under eye skin changes (thinner & more fine lines) rather than the product itself. I would have rated it 5-star except the product would be easier to apply with one of the newer brush or doe-foot applicators. Having to squeeze it onto your finger seems a little messy, though it does go on nicely with a light fingertip application. I am currently looking for the perfect brush to apply it.

on 8/16/2013 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

So, in my quest for the perfect under eye concealer to use when wearing a powder foundation or TM, I turned to an old lost friend (now online only). I love my Lancome Effarcenes in Clair II but it's a touch light unless used over foundation and almost gives the white undereye look. I first ordered this in Light Cool and it was too light. So then, when checking out the website I noticed they have a panel of Beauty Geniuses with photos so...I emailed customer service and said hey I have the same coloring as I think Bobbi - what color would she pick? Answer was Medium Cool and presto, it is indeed perfect. I still like the texture and finish of Lancome better but this shade is spot on (just about a 1/2 shade darker than Clair II) so I'm happy. It also works well on the face so I can dispense with using 2 concealers. Glad they are still around and excellent job on the customer service! Oh, shipping was free both ways and return was processed very quickly.
EDIT - returning - after a few uses noticed that the texture is oddly grainy and it is separating too as it wears. Returning this too. Sad, I wanted to like PX (again) so much!

on 6/20/2013 9:24:00 AM

If I could only have one concealer, it would probably be this one. I have Light 03 and it's a good match to my fair, neutral-toned skin. It has great coverage but also blends and sheers out nicely if needed. This means it works great as an undereye concealer and I can also apply it a little bit heavier with a small brush to cover blemishes and dark spots. The tube is generous and lasts forever--I've had this for months and haven't even made a dent. I got this as a GWP and was surprised to even learn that Prescriptives was still in business! I'm definitely checking out the rest of their line (only sold at their website now).

on 11/17/2012 4:30:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have this in Blue/Red Light 08. I was extremely pleased with it because the color match was perfect which is very hard for my light cool toned skin to find. The coverage is fantastic for a liquid concealer. The squeeze tube is good until you get close to the end, but that is expected. It's half an oz in size, so it lasted a super long time too. Overall I am very pleased with this product and I'm definitely repurchasing for when I need a concealer with this texture. This is definitely making me want to look into other Prescriptives products!

on 7/30/2012 10:32:00 AM

This product makes me break out like crazy - huge cycstic acne develops without fail ~2 days after I use. It's a shame since the coverage is great. I even tired mixing with my under-eye cream and using as an under-eye concealer and i woke up in the morning with 5 big pimples right under my eyes on both sides. Guess there is a first time for everything.

on 5/3/2012 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Absolutely love this product, as soon as I put it under my eyes I could see an immediate difference. Very pricey but like they say you get what you pay for, had been using Strivectin under eye cream but this one really puts it to shame.

on 1/10/2012 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This was the concealer I used throughout my college years. Yellow/Orange light. It was fantastic! The tube lasted quite a long time. Color spread evenly and I could cover what I wanted to cover in a short period. Didn't have to 'work it in'.
On my college-age youthful skin, it was great! I did have problems hiding blemishes with it. The pigmentation just was not thick enough to disguise them for me. This stuff managed to stay on my oily skin for hours, and was pure enough not to break me out when I went to bed w/o cleaning my face. I re-tried some at a Rx counter a couple years ago when I was feeling nostalgic and found that it really seemed to show off the lines and bags around my eyes. Soooo maybe not for the matured skin.
Still a quality product worth checking into.

on 11/22/2011 12:47:00 PM

This is the best concealer I have ever used, and at times I felt like I had tried them all. It does not crease under the eyes and I also use it on eyelids as a shadow primer. The color match on me is perfect (yellow/orange medium 04) for hiding dark circles, which this does really well, and lasts all day. The Prescriptives web site is in fact very alive and well and they are selling lots of products - they are bringing back and manufacturing products all the time. I will buy this concealer over, and over, and over... love it. Definitely my HG.

on 3/6/2010 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

I've been using this for over 25 years. Have tried other concealers but they never match my skin tone correctly. Camouflage cream is a great texture and can be layered to cover dark spots. I just found out that Prescriptives has been totally discontinued, and there is no more of my color R/O Light available anywhere! I don't know where to start looking for a substitute. So far everything is either too sticky for my oily skin, or too sheer to really conceal the dark spot on my jaw.

And commnet on tashatoro's review below -- No, they are no longer making any Prescriptives, your rep was wrong. They were just going to sell the remaining stock online.

on 10/24/2009 12:27:00 AM

I've had this concealor for awhile now and I must say that I love it as an eye shadow base! I put it on my lids and then apply my e/s and it doesn't budge! I gave it a 4 because as a concealer the coverage is ok I find I have to use a brush and layer for max coverage..also I spoke to the prescriptives rep who told me that they are pulling prescriptives out of stores but their products will still be made and sold on line only!