Prescriptives Camouflage Cream

3.9

Water, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Tea-Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Shea Butter, Cetyl Esters, Lecithin, Polybutene, Polysorbate 85, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Stearyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines.

on 5/8/2015 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've been using Camouflage Cream for over 20 years and about fell on the floor in 2011 when I went to re-purchase it at Macy's and found out that Prescriptives was no more. I couldn't find anything that worked for everything I needed to camouflage, but then somehow discovered that the best-selling Prescriptives products were available online via their website last year. Thank you Px!

I always used the yellow/orange medium in this product, but on the website the closest sounding choice is warm (medium). I have yellow-olive undertones and had no idea if it would work, but it is 100% the same product and even says "yellow/orange medium" on the tube! If this was ever a product you used, you can get the exact color via the website--it even smells the same and has the same packaging.

So, why have I used this for over 20 years? Camouflage Cream lives up to its name, for starters. It's great for dark undereye circles and covering blemishes (I have acne-type rosacea) and it stays put, which I love. Speaking of rosacea, this concealer doesn't cause more annoying breakouts which is a huge plus. It also goes on very smoothly, both now over moisturizer as my skin has changed and back in the day when my skin tended to be oily. I never get eczema from this product, which is a huge problem I have with makeup--especially under my eyes. The fact that this concealer matches my skin perfectly speaks volumes, and I've never found another product that can do that. It also lasts forever...at least a year for me so well worth the price.

I have no experience with the cool shades they are still selling online, but if you do have hard-to-match yellow undertones, I highly suggest Camouflage Cream in warm (light, medium, or dark) for any skin type. I've never worn traditional foundation and I'd still say that this makes my skin look so even and flawless after all these years. As a side note, my complexion is on the light side, but the medium shade has always been my best match.

on 1/20/2015 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have been using this product for at least 15 years. The Blue/Red light was a perfect match when I used to buy it at the department store. (I really like a pink undertone and find that anything yellow looks bad on my skin). I like the fact that it is very sheer and natural. I tried a few others after it was discontinued but found it online again recently. The color was still the same, but I can't say the coverage is perfect anymore. This is likely due to my under eye skin changes (thinner & more fine lines) rather than the product itself. I would have rated it 5-star except the product would be easier to apply with one of the newer brush or doe-foot applicators. Having to squeeze it onto your finger seems a little messy, though it does go on nicely with a light fingertip application. I am currently looking for the perfect brush to apply it.

on 8/16/2013 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

So, in my quest for the perfect under eye concealer to use when wearing a powder foundation or TM, I turned to an old lost friend (now online only). I love my Lancome Effarcenes in Clair II but it's a touch light unless used over foundation and almost gives the white undereye look. I first ordered this in Light Cool and it was too light. So then, when checking out the website I noticed they have a panel of Beauty Geniuses with photos so...I emailed customer service and said hey I have the same coloring as I think Bobbi - what color would she pick? Answer was Medium Cool and presto, it is indeed perfect. I still like the texture and finish of Lancome better but this shade is spot on (just about a 1/2 shade darker than Clair II) so I'm happy. It also works well on the face so I can dispense with using 2 concealers. Glad they are still around and excellent job on the customer service! Oh, shipping was free both ways and return was processed very quickly.
EDIT - returning - after a few uses noticed that the texture is oddly grainy and it is separating too as it wears. Returning this too. Sad, I wanted to like PX (again) so much!

on 6/20/2013 9:24:00 AM

If I could only have one concealer, it would probably be this one. I have Light 03 and it's a good match to my fair, neutral-toned skin. It has great coverage but also blends and sheers out nicely if needed. This means it works great as an undereye concealer and I can also apply it a little bit heavier with a small brush to cover blemishes and dark spots. The tube is generous and lasts forever--I've had this for months and haven't even made a dent. I got this as a GWP and was surprised to even learn that Prescriptives was still in business! I'm definitely checking out the rest of their line (only sold at their website now).

on 11/17/2012 4:30:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have this in Blue/Red Light 08. I was extremely pleased with it because the color match was perfect which is very hard for my light cool toned skin to find. The coverage is fantastic for a liquid concealer. The squeeze tube is good until you get close to the end, but that is expected. It's half an oz in size, so it lasted a super long time too. Overall I am very pleased with this product and I'm definitely repurchasing for when I need a concealer with this texture. This is definitely making me want to look into other Prescriptives products!

on 7/30/2012 10:32:00 AM

This product makes me break out like crazy - huge cycstic acne develops without fail ~2 days after I use. It's a shame since the coverage is great. I even tired mixing with my under-eye cream and using as an under-eye concealer and i woke up in the morning with 5 big pimples right under my eyes on both sides. Guess there is a first time for everything.

on 5/3/2012 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Absolutely love this product, as soon as I put it under my eyes I could see an immediate difference. Very pricey but like they say you get what you pay for, had been using Strivectin under eye cream but this one really puts it to shame.

on 1/10/2012 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This was the concealer I used throughout my college years. Yellow/Orange light. It was fantastic! The tube lasted quite a long time. Color spread evenly and I could cover what I wanted to cover in a short period. Didn't have to 'work it in'.
On my college-age youthful skin, it was great! I did have problems hiding blemishes with it. The pigmentation just was not thick enough to disguise them for me. This stuff managed to stay on my oily skin for hours, and was pure enough not to break me out when I went to bed w/o cleaning my face. I re-tried some at a Rx counter a couple years ago when I was feeling nostalgic and found that it really seemed to show off the lines and bags around my eyes. Soooo maybe not for the matured skin.
Still a quality product worth checking into.

on 11/22/2011 12:47:00 PM

This is the best concealer I have ever used, and at times I felt like I had tried them all. It does not crease under the eyes and I also use it on eyelids as a shadow primer. The color match on me is perfect (yellow/orange medium 04) for hiding dark circles, which this does really well, and lasts all day. The Prescriptives web site is in fact very alive and well and they are selling lots of products - they are bringing back and manufacturing products all the time. I will buy this concealer over, and over, and over... love it. Definitely my HG.

on 3/6/2010 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

I've been using this for over 25 years. Have tried other concealers but they never match my skin tone correctly. Camouflage cream is a great texture and can be layered to cover dark spots. I just found out that Prescriptives has been totally discontinued, and there is no more of my color R/O Light available anywhere! I don't know where to start looking for a substitute. So far everything is either too sticky for my oily skin, or too sheer to really conceal the dark spot on my jaw.

And commnet on tashatoro's review below -- No, they are no longer making any Prescriptives, your rep was wrong. They were just going to sell the remaining stock online.