Crown Perfumery Crown Brushes

I was excited to try some of the Crown brushes after reading so many positive reviews. Boy was I seriously disappointed! They have an extensive, frankly dizzying array of brushes to choose from. I am far from being a brush aficionado so it was hard to choose, so i did quite bit of research & read a lot of reviews. I am on a budget so mostly went for brushes on the cheaper end. Here's what i got:

SS025 Syntho Brow Duo - a spooly on one end - definitely useful. But the angled brow brush is too wide and not stiff enough for filling in my brows.

BK14 Deluxe Oval Shadow - this was probably the biggest disappointment. Also the biggest brush. It is frickin HUGE! Way too big for my eyelid (and i would imagine most people's eyelids). The brush feels lovely but it does its job badly. It has a very long handle making it awkward to use. The bristles are short, thick and chubby. They don' have much give which means the brush doesn't 'fit' or mould to your eyelid when applying shadow so it's hard to get even coverage. Add to that it is really poor at lifting any product (i have tried it with cheap & expensive shadows, highly pigmented ones, cream ones - same issue) and this is one rubbish eyeshadow brush!

C441 Pro Blending Crease - read very good things about this brush. I don't get it - I find it too scratchy for a start. It does an OK job at blending but again, very poor at picking up product so i have to put loads on to get the result I want.

BK10 Oval Concealer - a flat synthetic brush. Good shape for applying concealer but it doesnt blend it - it just takes all the product off my face and onto the brush. So frustrating!

All in all - a massive disappointment. you get what you pay has never been so true. I don't want to write off Crown completely - I imagine their more expensive brands are better quality and do their job better but if you're going for budget - i wouldn't bother

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I got one of these in my December ipsy bag for eyeshadow & it's really nice! Fluffy & works well. I probably would consider buying a set if the price was right but I've got a lot of elf brushes right now, BHC, & Sonia Kashuk so I don't really need any but this was a nice surprise in my bag. Blends the shadows really well & doesn't shed. I am sooo-o surprised to see the negative reviews. I actually think this is an excellent brush.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

these are terrible. scratchy....a lot of fall out, and two years later it still runs black dye. I ordered a set of Sephora's Pro platinum brushes and I want to invest in the Sigma ones after....then the crown brushes are going right where they belong = the TRASH!!

I got them as a set for 30 dollars on sale awhile ago after hearing a youtuber rave about them. They were OKAY the first two uses, but the majority of the brushes in the set were not very useable and those that I did want to use just sucked.

The powder brush has so much fall out that every time I use it I have black hairs all over my face :/

I heard a lot about Crown Brushes and was looking forward to purchasing some for myself. Tons of people give Crown rave reviews but that isn't what I experienced.

-Very low cost
-Huge Selection
-Good for maybe a starter kit

-Not very good quality (in my experience)
-Dye is coming off while washing
-The brushes have weird & strong smell
-Shedding & bristles are not secured very well

I typically use MAC and professional brushes, was looking for some extra brushes for my kit, definitely not expecting MAC quality but just some backups and honestly they were a waste of money and will not repurchase. (I also have some Sigma and BDellium brushes and Crown are nowhere near those in terms of quality.) Again, maybe good for starters and maybe someone who doesn't use the brushes that offten.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Update: I received a call to acknowledge my order being shorted, but the customer service person who called was rude/terse and said they'd send the brushes I claimed I was shorted, "although that really couldn't have happened." WORST customer service!! Will NEVER order from them again.

The Syntho, Luna, Studio Pro, and Studio lines are brushes are fabulous, and I will always use and purchase them--but NOT through Crown. Other brands, such as Coastal Scents, carry some of these same brushes, and I will just google to find other vendors in order to purchase these in the future!! Crown shorted my 4 brushes on my last order, and will not acknowledge nor remedy the issue--hence, I said "NO" I wouldn't purchase "crown brushes" again. The brushes themselves ARE WORTHY of purchase elsewhere!!

Here's my review that I placed under another brush, since I didn't know where to place it... now creating a new "general" Crown Brush catagory.

I've had 2 experiences with purchasing from Crown, the first was excellent, the second was poor. The brushes offerred on the The Crown site are a more extensive version of the brushes offered on Coastal Scents... I've ordered and used the Syntho Brushes (excellent--and ALWAYS in stock on crown, instead of "out of stock" on Coastal Scents), and have the Luna, Studio, and a couple Studio Pro line brushes. All of those worked beautifully--no shedding, performing well, and I'd purchase again in a heartbeat (but from a different company). The Mini Syntho Set (awesome!) and The Pro 10pc. Blue Syntho Set are the best to date! Coastal Scents carries a small portion of these same brushes, and has always done right by me. H O W E V E R.... I just received my second order from Crown, and 4 brushes were missing. I understand mistakes happen, but, I'd STILL had no response from customer service, and I know my money's gone for good. I'm glad I ordered the vast amount of what I needed in that first order and I am very very pleased with it all.... but, I'll never purchase from Crown again due to being ripped off the second time.
I haven't read it on here yet, but, I received an automatic discount of 20% off my first order because it was over $ code was needed. The second order was only for $65, but that shouldn't make any difference in terms of not receiving the full order--or acknowledging there's an issue.
I highly recommend the Sytho, Luna, Studio Pro, and Studio lines of brushes...I'd just purchase them elsewhere, now. There's a pdf of all the brush lines/brushes offered... just find what you're looking for a google. I put "NO" for buying the product again, because I would purchase the same product from Coastal Scents or another Vendor, but NOT from Crown. Buyer Beware!

Popular Makeup Brushes