August 22, 2014 | 1150 users online

Makeup Brushes - Crown Perfumery - Crown Brushes

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by suusuu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

these are terrible. scratchy....a lot of fall out, and two years later it still runs black dye. I ordered a set of Sephora's Pro platinum brushes and I want to invest in the Sigma ones after....then the crown brushes are going right where they belong = the TRASH!!

I got them as a set for 30 dollars on sale awhile ago after hearing a youtuber rave about them. They were OKAY the first two uses, but the majority of the brushes in the set were not very useable and those that I did want to use just sucked.

The powder brush has so much fall out that every time I use it I have black hairs all over my face :/

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2011 6:02:00 PM More reviews by DollFaceMUA

I heard a lot about Crown Brushes and was looking forward to purchasing some for myself. Tons of people give Crown rave reviews but that isn't what I experienced.

PROS:
-Very low cost
-Huge Selection
-Good for maybe a starter kit

CONS:
-Not very good quality (in my experience)
-Dye is coming off while washing
-The brushes have weird & strong smell
-Shedding & bristles are not secured very well

I typically use MAC and professional brushes, was looking for some extra brushes for my kit, definitely not expecting MAC quality but just some backups and honestly they were a waste of money and will not repurchase. (I also have some Sigma and BDellium brushes and Crown are nowhere near those in terms of quality.) Again, maybe good for starters and maybe someone who doesn't use the brushes that offten.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by GulieQ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Update: I received a call to acknowledge my order being shorted, but the customer service person who called was rude/terse and said they'd send the brushes I claimed I was shorted, "although that really couldn't have happened." WORST customer service!! Will NEVER order from them again.

The Syntho, Luna, Studio Pro, and Studio lines are brushes are fabulous, and I will always use and purchase them--but NOT through Crown. Other brands, such as Coastal Scents, carry some of these same brushes, and I will just google to find other vendors in order to purchase these in the future!! Crown shorted my 4 brushes on my last order, and will not acknowledge nor remedy the issue--hence, I said "NO" I wouldn't purchase "crown brushes" again. The brushes themselves ARE WORTHY of purchase elsewhere!!

Here's my review that I placed under another brush, since I didn't know where to place it... now creating a new "general" Crown Brush catagory.

I've had 2 experiences with purchasing from Crown, the first was excellent, the second was poor. The brushes offerred on the The Crown site are a more extensive version of the brushes offered on Coastal Scents... I've ordered and used the Syntho Brushes (excellent--and ALWAYS in stock on crown, instead of "out of stock" on Coastal Scents), and have the Luna, Studio, and a couple Studio Pro line brushes. All of those worked beautifully--no shedding, performing well, and I'd purchase again in a heartbeat (but from a different company). The Mini Syntho Set (awesome!) and The Pro 10pc. Blue Syntho Set are the best to date! Coastal Scents carries a small portion of these same brushes, and has always done right by me. H O W E V E R.... I just received my second order from Crown, and 4 brushes were missing. I understand mistakes happen, but, I'd STILL had no response from customer service, and I know my money's gone for good. I'm glad I ordered the vast amount of what I needed in that first order and I am very very pleased with it all.... but, I'll never purchase from Crown again due to being ripped off the second time.
I haven't read it on here yet, but, I received an automatic discount of 20% off my first order because it was over $125...no code was needed. The second order was only for $65, but that shouldn't make any difference in terms of not receiving the full order--or acknowledging there's an issue.
I highly recommend the Sytho, Luna, Studio Pro, and Studio lines of brushes...I'd just purchase them elsewhere, now. There's a pdf of all the brush lines/brushes offered... just find what you're looking for a google. I put "NO" for buying the product again, because I would purchase the same product from Coastal Scents or another Vendor, but NOT from Crown. Buyer Beware!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No