September 22, 2014 | 1026 users online

Masks - Aspirin Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 3:33:00 PM More reviews by DidiT

The thing that is missing is Fresh Lemon Juice. I would skip the water all together. Keep the honey if you tend to have dry skin.

Here's what you'll need:
-non-coated aspirin; (you can get a bottle of 120 for .99 @ Walgreens!)
- lemon juice
- baking soda

1. Use 6-12 non-coated aspirins and combine with freshly squeezed lemon juice.
2. Let the aspirin dissolve until it turns into a paste.
3. Apply the mask to your skin and leave it on for 10 minutes.
4. Remove the face mask by dipping a cotton round in baking soda and some water.

Doctor Oz did a segment on his viewer’s Beauty Secret Home Remedies and an audience member at Dr Oz’s show spoke about this Flawless Skin Home Remedy or acne / pimple home remedy.

Dr Oz said this Aspirin and Lemon Juice Face Mask or Facial does work! You just need a few uncoated aspirins, freshly squeezed lemon juice, baking soda and some water. I have tried this myself and my skin felt like slik afterwards! I would suggest doing this at night, probably no more than three times a week. If you have really aggressive acne, you can get away with up to 5 days.

From Dr. Oz.com..."Aspirin contains salicylic acid, a beta-hydroxy acid which acts as a chemical peel to reduce acne and lesions. Lemon juice contains vitamin C, with acts as an antioxidant to nourish your skin if you've had some sun exposure. It also acts as an exfoliant because it's acidic, and baking soda neutralizes that acid."

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2008 10:42:00 PM More reviews by TheWorldsDresser

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unless you really know what you're doing, please let this one go. While it is easy and cheap to make, there are literally dozens of different recipies and not all are safe. You're not just uisng a facial mask, but you're creating a topical medical solution - look, the skin is the largest organ on your body and slathering too much aspirin can do anything from creating chemical burns to causing an allergic reaction. If you're unsure, try something like Tend Skin (you can get samples from Sephora) and see how well your face tolerates that or go the drug store and buy straight SA and see if you can handle that. Also, remember that the standard dose of asprin is 200-400 mg (2 to 4 pills), crushing 24 of them to put on the largest organ of your body is worth giving a second thought. I know this works wonderfully for some folks, but for those who've not tried anything like this before, buy (or at least try) something formulated for this specific purpose before trying to make your own in your bathroom. If you're really in a pinch, call your derm's office and ask him/her to quickly look over your asprin mask formula before trying it out.

12 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Sayoko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Aspirin is salycylic acid. which is the main ingredient in many commercial acne preparations currently on the market. It is a natural anti-inflammatory which is great for break outs. I buy the aspirin in the powder form as it's already crushed, uncoated asprin is fine as well, just don't pick up the coated ones as it takes forever to dissolve. I add a teaspoon of water with one 1 powder aspirin sheet, and honey or aloe vera (so it's a thicker consistency.) I leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse and pat dry. the results? fantastic! my skin is much softer, and the breakout is gone the next day..I also use this as a spot treatment if I have a pimple. I highly recommend this! this by far is the best and cheapest way to get rid of the occasional breakouts in my opinion. it's easy to get, it does what it's supposed to do, and it's easy on the wallet. I would definitely buy this again.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2008 12:12:00 PM More reviews by islareina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's amusing how some people for whom this mask does not work come here to say that they've done so much research online and that this person and that person say it doesn't work, yet time after time women can't stop raving about it. So hey, I'll toot my own horn. I'm a PhD and I teach at a university and I LOVE the stuff. I've done my own research too and guess what? I LOVE the stuff because it works.

I've had terrible acne since the age of 2. That's right. Back in the early 70s as a baby, I even had to go to the hospital to have electrodes hooked up to my face to extract the oil, that's how oily my face was. I go through about 5-6 of those Clean & Clear blue sheets a day until each one is see-thru with oil.

This concoction makes my skin GLOW. I have many small acne pits on the apples of my cheeks and for a day or two after I use this, they don't look as deep and numerous as they normally do. I agree with another poster that it's a great rejuvenating mask. I stopped using it a long time ago simply because I can't find the time! And actually I'm going to follow some other reviews and try the acne.org facial peel, so maybe it's a good idea to hold off for a little bit. I'm posting this review to lend a helping hand to the many women who love and swear by this very economic alternative to expensive facial treatments.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2007 10:16:00 PM More reviews by yasmean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I swear I love whoever came up with this!! I have purposely waited a while to write a review. I have been using this for about 4 months. I use this every other day for twenty mins. 4 Aspirin, drop of honey, and a teeny bit of water. My skin is soo smooth. I literally have a glow. Pores? What pores? This shrinks them. I had the WORST blackheads on my nose. My facialist would always complain about them. Not anymore. I seriously wish I had taken before and after pics.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by dreadre

i have bad skin. I have oily t zones, the rest of my skin gets dry, and peels. i have peach fuzz on my face that when waxed, threaded results in ingrown hairs... my face has its good days and its bads.... mostly bad.
which is distrubing because i come from a family of people that all have GREAT skin.
I have used every product out there. my last adventure was with obagi clenziderm. Clenziderm i thought was working great until i came upon this review and decided to try it.
this Mask works! and it worked quickly. I used the honey and asprin mixture. The first week i used it morning and night and reduced that to only night use 2 times a week after that. My skin is amazing. I'm a mineral makeup user(jane iredale stuff) and my make looks like i dont have any on now. it looked decent before... but i have a glow to my skin now. I'm using less make up, my skin isnt as oily, and my ingrown hair bumps are gown. i've also started using this mixture on my bikini line before and after waxing it has helped so much. ladies try this product please!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2007 11:41:00 AM More reviews by MommaMayhann

I am cosigning the Aspirin mask! It is the truth! I usually do well with cleansers that contain salicylic acid so this was right up my alley. When I told my husband that I wanted to try it he was like "Cool, aspirin are cheap!" I bought the store brand and it was 2.99 for 500 pills. I usually dissolve 6-10 pills with neutrogena toner, adding it a few drops at a time. This will make a gritty paste. Not creamy at all. To get a slightly more creamy consistency I mix in a little bit of liquid KY... (I see you all laughing and smirking but it works great for shaving too! ). The first time that I tried it I couldn't believe it! Soft, supple, glowing skin with tight pores. I still followed with a swipe of toner because I am creature of habit but the cotton ball was as clean as a whistle! Make sure to follow up with a moisturizer, as any exfoliater is a drying. Sorry for the LONG review but I am true PJ and I was floored by the results! When you do the math it's like 6 cents/mask. YOU CAN"T BEAT IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2009 1:57:00 AM More reviews by ohsoglam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was skeptical at first but now I'm a believer!! Doing this regimen really made a difference in my skin's tone and texture. I got a 500 count bottle of good 'ole aspirin from Walmart for about $4.00 and it was a worthy investment. I use about 5-6 tablets with a little water. Put that mixture on for about 15 minutes and then add a little water with my hand and use as a scrub and VOILA!! My skin feels softer, smoother, looks clearer. Next time I may add a little yogurt and some honey!

Folks, I do have combo sensitive, ACNE-PRONE skin and this works for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gave this the college try and it did nothing for me but make me sneeze constantly. My then acne remained the same but inflamed. It was a cheap mask so I wasn't too upset.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2011 3:11:00 AM More reviews by GoatGoatEtc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My acne isn't awful but it's not exactly on it's way out.
But then again nvr use this as a mask just a face and body scrub! Love it!
I got chapped and scaley lips and they were instantly reborn and baby smooth!