October 21, 2014 | 1270 users online

Masks - Aspirin Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2014 2:53:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought I was the only one that puts aspirin on her private parts haha.
I use the electric epilator almost all over my body (I don't do my arms). I am quite hairy and especially down there is quite thick. My hair grows very fast.
Whenever I use the epilator, I have red skin straight away and it just looks a mess from all the tugging and thick hair that gets pulled out. After few days I would have ingrown hair already which was itchy and quite annyoing. Not to mention those ugly bumps under the skin and sometimes pimples.
So I started putting an aspirin mask mixed with boiled water and witch hazel (no alcohol) or aspirin toner, leave it on for an hour, wash it off, let it dry....and then put a light oil....very nice, smooth and calm skin! I do the same thing for my underarms. After few days, I make another mask but this time, I massage gently for exfoliation and then let the mask sit for few mins. It helps a lot with ingrown hair.
I don't put the mask as soon as I finished epilating, it burns! So be careful. I wait for 2 hours until I apply the magic mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by anitres

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a great remedy for ah hmmm.........bikini wax rashes. Love brazilians but my skin does not. I've tried everything from tend skin to tea tree oil. Four to six crushed aspirin with honey, let sit for 20 minutes or so-- absolute miracle. PS quickest way to crush aspirin is to put it in a coffee grinder.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 2:16:00 AM More reviews by sierrab2010

I've used crushed aspirin and water as a mask for the past four days and I'm incredibly impressed. I'd always heard of people using aspirin as a home remedy for pimples but brushed it off because most home methods typically do nothing drastic for my skin (tooth paste just further inflamed my zits and honey did nothing but turn my room into a sticky mess). Anyway, I had a huge, red, painful, cystic pimple pop up on my forehead on Friday and was desperate for it to be gone before going out on Saturday. Aspirin, the apparent medicine of the gods, didn't completely demolish my zit but shrank it by at least 70%. By day four the pimple is now completely gone. Not only that, but the rest of my face looks smoother and brighter. I'm gonna give this little method an A+. Very cheap and very effective.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by malibumamaloves

Malibu Mama Loves loves loves the aspirin mask. Here is my recipe: http://malibumamaloves.com/aspirin-mask/
I add a secret ingredient!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2014 1:39:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I love the asprin mask.
I thought I did a review for this a few years back but I didn't see it here.
I have been using this mask for about 12 years. It is great. It really helps with blemishes and also brightens the skin.
My only complaint would be that it is flaky if used with water alone. Which I find to be the best way to use even though it will dry and flake off (not all of it but tiny specks that can get into your eyes OUCH!)
I have also tried it with the honey and my cleanser. I prefer it with one of the following instead of honey.
Milk, coconut oil, a lightweight oil after desolving into a paste in water first,I use these ONLY if my skin needs moisture or if I am using the mask multiple times in a week, or my cleanser.
I still usually only use this with water as I find it to yeld better results. If I am going to be moving around quite a bit doing things around the house and really need to be careful about the flakes this is the only time I will mix with other products.
It really does help with the blemishes, clogged pores, blemishes under the skin, brightening, scars, and exfoiliation. It does provide a lightweight peel.
I have recently been using it with my Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser and the results are amazing. I love the fresh cool feeling the cleanser provides. Used alone you barely feel the cooling sensation of the cleanser but used together it is AMAZING. I love that fresh cool feeling on my skin. I know some people do not like it but this cleanser does not provide too much of a cooling sensation like some do that even hurt when you put water on your face. This one is just very slightly but used with the mask OMG i love it lol

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by UrbanFacedMacnamedNYX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have acne prone skin that's very sensitive. I have used this mask for quite a bit and I feel the difference and see the difference. It's a great salicylic acid peel without the cost or pain.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 8:05:00 AM More reviews by LilyMazi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have learned that in order to have a good skin your pores need to be clean regardless of how clean your skin is on the surface.
Beta hydroxy acid penetrates inside your pores but sometimes the pores are way too clogged up that even the acid can't penetrate inside and remove the gunk completely.

I watched Dr Cassar's Guasha treatment and I did it on my face before applying an aspirin mask .In my opinion ,the results that i got when I had a Guasha treatment as opposed to the time that i didn't, are incomparable ! My skin glows and it is transparent !

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Gamze88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I get little bumps on my forehead occasionally, I think it's a little congestion. The texture just isn't as smooth as the rest of my face. Aspirin mask does a great job of clearing it up. I really don't know why people spend big cash on face masks when this is significantly cheaper and works better. The chemistry of aspirin and why it gets the job done makes sense to me whereas I'm not so sure about the various stuff they put in other masks.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Mikey87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OH MY GOD!!! I can't believe the instant results... I must have read actually 100 reviews how to do this and what it will do for me and I must admit I was abit dubious however I'm in complete shock over the results.

I mixed 5 none costed aspirin tables with my dermalogica special cleansing gel after circling it around my face for a couple of minutes I felt it for 30 minute then washed it off with warm water. My skin was tingling It felt so clean and healthy. When I looked in the mirror my face was that radiant it looked like I was wearing make up...

The next day at work all my work friends commented on how amazing my skin looked they didn't believe at first I hadn't been more a facial or something!!! I hasten to add when I told them about the aspirin mask all 8 of them went out to buy some aspirin - now everyone in the shop is flawless and radiant ha ha!! I'm going to continue doing this once a week. :-)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by woodenshoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

After reading all the raving reviews here I decided to give this mask a try since it is so simple and cheap to prepare it yourself. I was sceptical at first but I have come to the conclusion that it really works!

I used about four uncoated aspirines, a few drops of lukewarm water and my facial cleanser instead of honey. My skin is extremely oily and I was afraid that the honey would make it worse. I left it on my face for a good amount of time, longer than 30 minutes, and removed it with circular movements to give myself a facial scrub as well. My skin was incredibly soft afterwards and had a nice glow. The mask unclogged my pores as well and it felt like my skin was really clean. Another thing that struck me is that the mask had a slightly brightening effect on dark spots caused by break outs.

I will most definitely continue to use this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No