July 30, 2014 | 1220 users online

Masks - Aspirin Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Gamze88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I get little bumps on my forehead occasionally, I think it's a little congestion. The texture just isn't as smooth as the rest of my face. Aspirin mask does a great job of clearing it up. I really don't know why people spend big cash on face masks when this is significantly cheaper and works better. The chemistry of aspirin and why it gets the job done makes sense to me whereas I'm not so sure about the various stuff they put in other masks.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Mikey87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OH MY GOD!!! I can't believe the instant results... I must have read actually 100 reviews how to do this and what it will do for me and I must admit I was abit dubious however I'm in complete shock over the results.

I mixed 5 none costed aspirin tables with my dermalogica special cleansing gel after circling it around my face for a couple of minutes I felt it for 30 minute then washed it off with warm water. My skin was tingling It felt so clean and healthy. When I looked in the mirror my face was that radiant it looked like I was wearing make up...

The next day at work all my work friends commented on how amazing my skin looked they didn't believe at first I hadn't been more a facial or something!!! I hasten to add when I told them about the aspirin mask all 8 of them went out to buy some aspirin - now everyone in the shop is flawless and radiant ha ha!! I'm going to continue doing this once a week. :-)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by woodenshoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

After reading all the raving reviews here I decided to give this mask a try since it is so simple and cheap to prepare it yourself. I was sceptical at first but I have come to the conclusion that it really works!

I used about four uncoated aspirines, a few drops of lukewarm water and my facial cleanser instead of honey. My skin is extremely oily and I was afraid that the honey would make it worse. I left it on my face for a good amount of time, longer than 30 minutes, and removed it with circular movements to give myself a facial scrub as well. My skin was incredibly soft afterwards and had a nice glow. The mask unclogged my pores as well and it felt like my skin was really clean. Another thing that struck me is that the mask had a slightly brightening effect on dark spots caused by break outs.

I will most definitely continue to use this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Why hello there, exquisite reader! Do you suffer with acne and redness, or maybe acne scarring, and want a cheap and effective product to rid you of your troublesome blemishes? Well look no further than your local dollar store! Pick yourself up some uncoated aspirin, for a retail of JUST ONE DOLLAR and follow one of these quick and easy recipes depending on your skin problems!

*~*~*LITTLE TO MODERATE ACNE PROBLEMS*~*~*

* Take 5 tablets (this should be just enough to cover your entire beautiful face) and a tiny bit of water, and mix in the palm of your hand until a gritty paste is formed.
*Take a small amount of honey, and mix into the aspirin paste, it should now be a runny consistency.
*Use your hands to apply the paste all over that gorgeous face of yours.
*Now wait as long as you want! That honey ensures that the mask will adhere nicely to the skin, without flaking off, so you should be able to leave it on for as long as you want without those pesky flakes.
*Do whatever you want while the mask is sitting on your skin-read a book, adopt a child, paint your nails, conquer your enemies, take a walk, ride a unicorn, browse pinterest, travel back in time and stop yourself from cutting your own hair before picture day in third grade. whatever you want to do, DO IT! YOU ARE AMAZING FRIEND, LIVE YOUR LIFE TO THE FULLEST.
*After you've let that sit on your face whilst conquering your enemies, gently wash the mask off your face using your hands, and not a washcloth. The mask is exfoliating enough without a washcloth so just rinse with water and your hands.

*~*~*~*FOR MODERATE TO SEVERE ACNE*~*~*~*
*Take 5 tablets, and mix with a little water to form that same gritty paste.
*Now instead of using honey, take your everyday face cleanser and mix it into the aspirin paste. If you have dry skin, use a creamy cleanser, if you have oily, use a gel cleanser.
*Apply that paste all over your beautiful face. Be artistic! Maybe draw the mona lisa on your face. Just an idea. That would be awesome, right?
*Now let the mask sit on your face, WARNING depending on the cleanser you used, this mask might start to flake off after a while, so don't apply anywhere near the nose or eyes, because it can either cause you to cry like you just watched Bambi, or have a hysterical sneezing fit. So yeah.
*Again, do whatever you want while this is on your face. Maybe go run some errands, get some groceries, I'm sure no one will judge. Just do whatever you want, friend!
*After you have had enough of having this mask on your face, or it starts flaking so much you go mad, gently rinse off with water.

NOW BEHOLD YOUR BEAUTIFUL SKIN!!
This works great for me. I use it after I get an eyebrow wax to reduce the breakouts that usually occur since I'm allergic to the wax. (But I'm too stubborn to pluck. I know. Don't follow my example.) And I will use it daily when I'm having really bad breakouts, or twice a week when it's just moderate. This really works wonders for me. Immediately after rinsing, my skin feels soft and supple, the redness is greatly reduced, and it gives me skin a nice glow! So even if you don't have acne, you can still use this just as a remedy to dull skin. This is super inexpensive, and it really works. Especially for those bad blemishes right before a big event.

Now what are you waiting for, you stunning reader, you? Give this mask a try! :)

continued >>

37 out of 42 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by RXK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Aspirin masks are a great way to exfoliate, soothe, and smooth facial skin. i have acne, oily, easily irritated, and red facial skin.

How i do it: take 2-4 prescription (yes, i know i shouldn't be using presciption meds for off label use but in this case this is only Aspirin and should be safe as i have no allergy to it) 80mg "Baby Aspirin" [any OTC Aspirin in any amount (greater than let's say 200mg to the daily allowance) will work but i found the Bayer brand (i had the extra strength, uncoated) to be too chunky even after grinding which resulted in the paste not adhering well and flaking off causing me to sneeze quite a bit] that are usually coated (a light blue coating in my case) and rinse or submerge them in tap or distilled water to get the coating off. Next, just grind them some way and add a few drops of water (distilled is always best) to the powder and mix to a paste and apply on the face. let sit for at least 20 minutes (i've even gone a few, i think 3-4, hours without any problems). rinse off with water. can then apply a vinegar/lemon juice diluted solution to the face to "neutralize" any acid that may remain: honestly, i don't even know if this is necessary but read this somewhere and did it once -no bad reactions.

you will be left with skin that is noticeably softer and smoother, brightened, with fewer dry patches, hyperpigmentation/blemishes possibly slightly lightened (would need to repeat consistently for best results -and, yes, this type of exfoliation will lighten them), less irritated skin (and acne), etc.

great to do maybe once every other week if you're not on any skin meds, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 7:21:00 PM More reviews by kpaxxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love the aspirin face mask. I mix in honey for a little extra love. This works so well on acne, blackheads, and your face will feel so soft. Word to the wise, don't go crazy, too much of anything is a bad thing.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by Mrsclark24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My personal experience with this isn't good. I used Dr Ozs method of fresh lemon juice and 8 crushed aspirin. I put it on my face for 10 min and then used baking soda to neutralize the acid then washed with water.

My skin was very soft after the mask, very very nice. The next morning I woke up to soft skin that seemed smooth and a little less blotchy. However by the afternoon I was covered in little whitehead spots, all over my face. All begging to be popped, all little nasty little infected pores.

I have combination skin with acne, and this just didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by thereisalwayshope

Help with acne and preventing blemishes. I add tons of aspirin into my cleanser so I have a salycylic acid cleanser now!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by BeauteousLoves

love this fot reducing the size of my pores and controling oil. use it about once a week or I mix it into my cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Biioniic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS! I'm trying this to get rid of blackheads but it's made my skin look so nice! I use 6 moderate strength tablets and one lukewarm teaspoon of water and mix and leave on for 15 minutes and it's so nice!