October 1, 2014 | 1200 users online

Masks - Aspirin Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 2:16:00 AM More reviews by sierrab2010

I've used crushed aspirin and water as a mask for the past four days and I'm incredibly impressed. I'd always heard of people using aspirin as a home remedy for pimples but brushed it off because most home methods typically do nothing drastic for my skin (tooth paste just further inflamed my zits and honey did nothing but turn my room into a sticky mess). Anyway, I had a huge, red, painful, cystic pimple pop up on my forehead on Friday and was desperate for it to be gone before going out on Saturday. Aspirin, the apparent medicine of the gods, didn't completely demolish my zit but shrank it by at least 70%. By day four the pimple is now completely gone. Not only that, but the rest of my face looks smoother and brighter. I'm gonna give this little method an A+. Very cheap and very effective.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by malibumamaloves

Malibu Mama Loves loves loves the aspirin mask. Here is my recipe: http://malibumamaloves.com/aspirin-mask/
I add a secret ingredient!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2014 1:39:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I love the asprin mask.
I thought I did a review for this a few years back but I didn't see it here.
I have been using this mask for about 12 years. It is great. It really helps with blemishes and also brightens the skin.
My only complaint would be that it is flaky if used with water alone. Which I find to be the best way to use even though it will dry and flake off (not all of it but tiny specks that can get into your eyes OUCH!)
I have also tried it with the honey and my cleanser. I prefer it with one of the following instead of honey.
Milk, coconut oil, a lightweight oil after desolving into a paste in water first,I use these ONLY if my skin needs moisture or if I am using the mask multiple times in a week, or my cleanser.
I still usually only use this with water as I find it to yeld better results. If I am going to be moving around quite a bit doing things around the house and really need to be careful about the flakes this is the only time I will mix with other products.
It really does help with the blemishes, clogged pores, blemishes under the skin, brightening, scars, and exfoiliation. It does provide a lightweight peel.
I have recently been using it with my Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser and the results are amazing. I love the fresh cool feeling the cleanser provides. Used alone you barely feel the cooling sensation of the cleanser but used together it is AMAZING. I love that fresh cool feeling on my skin. I know some people do not like it but this cleanser does not provide too much of a cooling sensation like some do that even hurt when you put water on your face. This one is just very slightly but used with the mask OMG i love it lol

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by UrbanFacedMacnamedNYX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have acne prone skin that's very sensitive. I have used this mask for quite a bit and I feel the difference and see the difference. It's a great salicylic acid peel without the cost or pain.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 8:05:00 AM More reviews by LilyMazi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have learned that in order to have a good skin your pores need to be clean regardless of how clean your skin is on the surface.
Beta hydroxy acid penetrates inside your pores but sometimes the pores are way too clogged up that even the acid can't penetrate inside and remove the gunk completely.

I watched Dr Cassar's Guasha treatment and I did it on my face before applying an aspirin mask .In my opinion ,the results that i got when I had a Guasha treatment as opposed to the time that i didn't, are incomparable ! My skin glows and it is transparent !

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Gamze88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I get little bumps on my forehead occasionally, I think it's a little congestion. The texture just isn't as smooth as the rest of my face. Aspirin mask does a great job of clearing it up. I really don't know why people spend big cash on face masks when this is significantly cheaper and works better. The chemistry of aspirin and why it gets the job done makes sense to me whereas I'm not so sure about the various stuff they put in other masks.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Mikey87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OH MY GOD!!! I can't believe the instant results... I must have read actually 100 reviews how to do this and what it will do for me and I must admit I was abit dubious however I'm in complete shock over the results.

I mixed 5 none costed aspirin tables with my dermalogica special cleansing gel after circling it around my face for a couple of minutes I felt it for 30 minute then washed it off with warm water. My skin was tingling It felt so clean and healthy. When I looked in the mirror my face was that radiant it looked like I was wearing make up...

The next day at work all my work friends commented on how amazing my skin looked they didn't believe at first I hadn't been more a facial or something!!! I hasten to add when I told them about the aspirin mask all 8 of them went out to buy some aspirin - now everyone in the shop is flawless and radiant ha ha!! I'm going to continue doing this once a week. :-)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by woodenshoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

After reading all the raving reviews here I decided to give this mask a try since it is so simple and cheap to prepare it yourself. I was sceptical at first but I have come to the conclusion that it really works!

I used about four uncoated aspirines, a few drops of lukewarm water and my facial cleanser instead of honey. My skin is extremely oily and I was afraid that the honey would make it worse. I left it on my face for a good amount of time, longer than 30 minutes, and removed it with circular movements to give myself a facial scrub as well. My skin was incredibly soft afterwards and had a nice glow. The mask unclogged my pores as well and it felt like my skin was really clean. Another thing that struck me is that the mask had a slightly brightening effect on dark spots caused by break outs.

I will most definitely continue to use this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Why hello there, exquisite reader! Do you suffer with acne and redness, or maybe acne scarring, and want a cheap and effective product to rid you of your troublesome blemishes? Well look no further than your local dollar store! Pick yourself up some uncoated aspirin, for a retail of JUST ONE DOLLAR and follow one of these quick and easy recipes depending on your skin problems!

*~*~*LITTLE TO MODERATE ACNE PROBLEMS*~*~*

* Take 5 tablets (this should be just enough to cover your entire beautiful face) and a tiny bit of water, and mix in the palm of your hand until a gritty paste is formed.
*Take a small amount of honey, and mix into the aspirin paste, it should now be a runny consistency.
*Use your hands to apply the paste all over that gorgeous face of yours.
*Now wait as long as you want! That honey ensures that the mask will adhere nicely to the skin, without flaking off, so you should be able to leave it on for as long as you want without those pesky flakes.
*Do whatever you want while the mask is sitting on your skin-read a book, adopt a child, paint your nails, conquer your enemies, take a walk, ride a unicorn, browse pinterest, travel back in time and stop yourself from cutting your own hair before picture day in third grade. whatever you want to do, DO IT! YOU ARE AMAZING FRIEND, LIVE YOUR LIFE TO THE FULLEST.
*After you've let that sit on your face whilst conquering your enemies, gently wash the mask off your face using your hands, and not a washcloth. The mask is exfoliating enough without a washcloth so just rinse with water and your hands.

*~*~*~*FOR MODERATE TO SEVERE ACNE*~*~*~*
*Take 5 tablets, and mix with a little water to form that same gritty paste.
*Now instead of using honey, take your everyday face cleanser and mix it into the aspirin paste. If you have dry skin, use a creamy cleanser, if you have oily, use a gel cleanser.
*Apply that paste all over your beautiful face. Be artistic! Maybe draw the mona lisa on your face. Just an idea. That would be awesome, right?
*Now let the mask sit on your face, WARNING depending on the cleanser you used, this mask might start to flake off after a while, so don't apply anywhere near the nose or eyes, because it can either cause you to cry like you just watched Bambi, or have a hysterical sneezing fit. So yeah.
*Again, do whatever you want while this is on your face. Maybe go run some errands, get some groceries, I'm sure no one will judge. Just do whatever you want, friend!
*After you have had enough of having this mask on your face, or it starts flaking so much you go mad, gently rinse off with water.

NOW BEHOLD YOUR BEAUTIFUL SKIN!!
This works great for me. I use it after I get an eyebrow wax to reduce the breakouts that usually occur since I'm allergic to the wax. (But I'm too stubborn to pluck. I know. Don't follow my example.) And I will use it daily when I'm having really bad breakouts, or twice a week when it's just moderate. This really works wonders for me. Immediately after rinsing, my skin feels soft and supple, the redness is greatly reduced, and it gives me skin a nice glow! So even if you don't have acne, you can still use this just as a remedy to dull skin. This is super inexpensive, and it really works. Especially for those bad blemishes right before a big event.

Now what are you waiting for, you stunning reader, you? Give this mask a try! :)

continued >>

42 out of 47 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by RXK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Aspirin masks are a great way to exfoliate, soothe, and smooth facial skin. i have acne, oily, easily irritated, and red facial skin.

How i do it: take 2-4 prescription (yes, i know i shouldn't be using presciption meds for off label use but in this case this is only Aspirin and should be safe as i have no allergy to it) 80mg "Baby Aspirin" [any OTC Aspirin in any amount (greater than let's say 200mg to the daily allowance) will work but i found the Bayer brand (i had the extra strength, uncoated) to be too chunky even after grinding which resulted in the paste not adhering well and flaking off causing me to sneeze quite a bit] that are usually coated (a light blue coating in my case) and rinse or submerge them in tap or distilled water to get the coating off. Next, just grind them some way and add a few drops of water (distilled is always best) to the powder and mix to a paste and apply on the face. let sit for at least 20 minutes (i've even gone a few, i think 3-4, hours without any problems). rinse off with water. can then apply a vinegar/lemon juice diluted solution to the face to "neutralize" any acid that may remain: honestly, i don't even know if this is necessary but read this somewhere and did it once -no bad reactions.

you will be left with skin that is noticeably softer and smoother, brightened, with fewer dry patches, hyperpigmentation/blemishes possibly slightly lightened (would need to repeat consistently for best results -and, yes, this type of exfoliation will lighten them), less irritated skin (and acne), etc.

great to do maybe once every other week if you're not on any skin meds, etc.