August 27, 2014 | 1865 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nubian Heritage - Raw Shea Butter, Infused with Frankincense & Myrrh

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by librariansgonewild

My husband gets very dry itchy skin in the winter, especially on his calves. He'll honestly scratch till he bleeds. Generally he uses whatever DS moisturizer he can find with crappy SS- I've tried to point out that the SS is worthless, the fragrances are irritating but he is not going to be bothered. Dudes!

However, when he ran out of whatever he had been using and actually asked for my opinion, I suggested trying the big guns- something with lots of shea butter and fewer irritants. We picked this up at our local natural market for about $11 and MAN, was it worth it. We are both using it daily! Him on his legs, me on my 35 week preggo belly. I'm not fooling myself into thinking it will magically prevent stretch marks, but it's a nice treat anyway. No more itchy legs or belly, no more irritants. I think the 1st ingredient is Shea Butter, and the ingredient list was impressive (lots of essential oils, but not a lot of crap). It's really a nice product for the price. The scent is somewhat strong but appeals to both of us... might be a little much in the summer but it's perfect right now (November in the mid atlantic). I've read in reviews elsewhere that adding a little orange or lemon essential oil can lighten it up some, which I imagine could work well. But I'm fine with it as is.

Anyway, it's become a staple and we actually leave it right where we can both get to it easily on our storage headboard. It's really very brilliant. One caveat is that it's very thick and I think the last bits will be hard to get out of the bottle. I might have to cut it open and repackage somehow! It blows my old Kiehls Creme de Corps out of the water though... so worth it.

EDIT: whoops! this review is for the lotion version of this product, which comes in a bottle not a tub. But, my heart still beats strong for this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by FilipinaLuv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted raw Shea butter because my skin is really dry. I tried this out because of the good reviews and my wow I fell in love with it. It moisturises nicely, I use this as my moisturizer. It made my skin soft and I noticed its evening out my skin tone and healing my skin. I love this and I'm going to try the other NH products.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by organicmoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is incredible! Always on the hunt for a moisturizer for my dry, sensitive, acne prone skin and I will now never use anything else but raw shea butter. I tried the Nubian Heritage brand b/c I wanted to try something before sending off an order in case I didn't like it. I picked this up from Walmart in the ethnic hair care section. After standing there forever reading ingredient lists I knew I picked the right one. Ingredients: Raw shea butter, extracts of frankincense and myrrh, vitamin e & essential oil blend. Nothing that causes breakouts or irritation. The scent is highly comforting and not strong, just pleasant. I was gonna order raw, unrefined shea butter online b/c you can get a better price for more quantity but I thought if it didn't work out I didn't want all this shea butter sitting around. So I bought this to try for under $7 for 4oz. Plus can reuse the container when I'm done. Since I started using this in the height of summer my face was slightly oily at first. I have dry skin so I wasn't use to that. After several days I learned to apply just a little, let it melt then apply a little more if I needed to. It's easy to overdo. Now after 2 months of use I have 3/4 of the jar left. Mostly I use on my face but sometimes after showers I take the extra time to put all over my body. Most nights before bed I apply on my feet and hands for really soft skin in the morning. I wash my face with a few drops of Bronner's liquid castile soap on a microfiber cloth, rinse, spray on homemade toner of chamomile and green tea, let it dry then apply this butter. My skin hasn't looked this good ever! Even before I started getting acne in early adolescence. My stubborn nose blackheads are gone, my acne scars are mostly faded and my wrinkles (yes, I have them) are softening. I have a really deep, stubborn one on my forehead that is less noticeable everyday. My skin is not perfect and I still have the occasional breakout (mostly along my jaw line, but not on my face anymore) which I do believe comes from stress and it hasn't cleared up all hyperpigmentation and scars but it is better. First 2 weeks I didn't notice much just that my skin felt good and properly moisturized and then one day BAM! My face was more luminous and clear and not irritated. Like I said not immediate results but pretty damn close. I don't have to wear any foundation any more which is something I never thought would happen. Hot days I will put on a little loose powder or maybe some concealer under my eyes but it's not necessary. Bye Bye Colorstay! (just kidding I will keep it around for special occasions). Everyone should get some raw shea butter. This has essential oils which are good for the skin and also I think some are put off from the actual smell of shea butter but if it works so good I guess nobody should be complaining. I have used NH blacksoap before and while it didn't clear my acne it didn't make it worse but I really enjoyed using it on my body. I will always have a jar of this around but also will be ordering more from Amazon b/c it's cheaper and you get more and I want to use this on my entire body and 4 oz won't last long if I used it like that. I also started putting this on a spider vein I was developing on my inner leg next to my knee just to see what happened and it really is getting smaller. I didn't even think that would work. PLEASE understand I have never had good skin and unfortunately I had just kind of accepted it and then this happened. Give it some time, don't over apply and give it a few seconds to melt so you don't drag it across your face. Great on eyelashes at night, on scalp as a treatment before washing (my hair and scalp were freaky soft), after wash as a leave in conditoner, on cuticles and nails etc. Get some!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by AmyDbaby

I love this. The scent is fantastic especially for fall/winter. It's real shea butter the way it should be just pumped up with some heavenly scent that isn't fragrance or perfume. I'm scent sensitive and this doesn't bother me in the least. I have the body wash too and it's equally fabulous.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 6:02:00 PM More reviews by DawnElizabeth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have purchased this product 3 times now. I am all about purity with results.... this cream takes a little work to use daily, but the end result is absolutely worth it. The texture of my skin has improved drastically and I happen to love the fragrance - PS so do men!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by murphyna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I chose this variety (from iherb) because it specified that the shea butter was raw and the scent sounded good. The shea butter seemed harder than other raw shea butters I've used and the scent seemed off to me. I ended up using it for my feet. Will try the lemongrass and tea tree variety next, hoping for a better scent and texture.