Sonia Kashuk Retractable Foundation Brush w/ Magnetic Removable Head

on 3/5/2011 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Its Regularly $11.99 at Target, but I bought it for a whopping $2.98 on clearance!
I think the magnetic part of it is kinda cool, even though it does sorta rattle... And since it is Magnetic, you can be sure to deep clean the brush easier.
I for one, wouldn't use this as a foundation brush because it isn't dense enough; I do use it as a concealer brush though. Then again retractable things usually are smaller for a reason...
As for the packaging, Its Very sleek and compact. Its just the rattling that's the problem, but you could always detach it form the shaft and use it as a kabuki concealer/foundation brush.
Buy again? At full price, Heck No... But maybe if it is on sale/clearance again.

on 3/5/2011 5:01:00 PM

This is $12 at Target. I received in a swap. However, I don't use as a foundation brush, but as a concealer brush. I am an idiot w/ foundation brushes unless they are the SK Flat Topped brush or EM flat top brush. This is oval shaped and flat and while I'm sure it would work great for folks that aren't application-challenged like me, I can say it worx GREAT to apply my concealer under my eyes (the flat edge is ideal) and on the occasional pimple.

It is retractable = great for travel or purse. The removable magnetic head = really don't get the whole point of it, but whatever. It does rattle around a bit when using, but doesn't bother me.

Its soft, dense enuf to apply my concealer (liquid) easily and completely.

IMO - this brush would be perfect if not for the rattling which may potentially bother some folks (ok - it bothers me a teeny bit). but all in all, a good, solid, comfortable, affordable brush!

Popular Makeup Brushes