TiGi Catwalk Strong Mousse

3.6

on 11/6/2013 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really liked this mousse. Worked really well, the smell was nice not over powering. Held well not to bad but not perfect. I will repurchase for hairstyles that need a light or minimum amount of mousse. Would repurchase one of my favorites even though not the best it leaves my hair shiny and not crunchy like some but can become crunchy if used a large amount.

on 5/8/2011 4:07:00 AM

I have used this for scrunching my hair with a diffuser (not for a straight blowdry). I can't really compare it to other mousses as I have not used any recently - the last time I used mousse was as a teenager in the late 80s and I have to say the smell is the same!

This mousse works really well on curls with a water-spray refresh the day after, and even the day after that. A little goes a long way. Using this one mousse with any normal shampoo and conditioner gives me more or less the same result as using the whole set of 5 TiGi Curls Rock range.

on 11/29/2010 1:51:00 AM

I usually love TiGi products. I LOVE the bedhead line, and I saw this, and wanted to give it a try.

I have mid-back length hair that has natural shirley temple ringlets.

I need control, because of frizzies.

This stuff made my ringlets into stringy waves, and it's not like I used a dinosaur egg sized blob of foam. It also made my hair so crunchy that i could hear it crunch when I put it up.

Then, three weeks after I bought it, the dispenser broke. I can't get mousse out at all. It is all intact, but it just will not come out. That upsets me because it's almost eighteen dollars a can at my salon, and since I don't have the receipt anymore, they will not exchange it.

It works great when I straighten my hair..no crunch, and it stays straight. Worked great when i used big curlers too for waves.

I won't buy it again. I'm so mad I have to throw away $18.00....

on 5/8/2010 1:25:00 PM

Catwalk Strong Mousse for fine to medium hair is an awesome product for my fine hair. Mousse products I've tried previously have all made my hair feel sticky and greasy but not this one. It has a softness and feels natural and that's exactly what I want. It adds volume to the hair and that is what my fine hair needs. The staying power is fantastic. I also like the scent, it's sweet and almost candy-like but not overpowering at all.
To sum it up this is a great mousse from Tigi. The only downside is that it is somewhat pricey. I paid 205 SEK. I would definitely repurchase.
For reference: I have very fine (typically Scandinavian) short hair.

continued >>

on 1/7/2010 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I loved this mousse at first but over time, it began to dry out my hair, since I have bleach-blonde hair-- hence, this claims to have no alcohol but this smells like it does, to me. I'm sticking to Paul Mitchell mousse.

on 11/6/2008 10:52:00 AM

This offered good hold, but it dried my hair out after a while. It also made my hair too crunchy, like a hairspray would. Definitely won't be buying again.

on 8/12/2008 10:36:00 PM

See Elande's review below; it is EXACTLY what I would say as well!! My hair type is exactly the same as hers, and this mousse is a total HG for me. It gives awesome volume and lifts up my layers. I also blow dry with a round brush. I hope they make this mousse forever!!! I disagree with other reviewers who say you could get this from a cheaper brand. I have tried cheaper brands before and none of them give me enough lift, control, staying power. This does all three, plus it has softness and a natural feel. LOVE! And the scent rocks, too. I think it smells like expensive perfume.

on 1/28/2008 6:55:00 PM

Used this when I curl my hair, does make my curls last but don't think I'd use it because think there is a cheaper mousse which does just the same. Can't use it when I straighten my hair as just takes ages to straighten, the mousse makes my hair seem a bit more coarse.

on 12/13/2007 5:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Finally a mousse that doesn't stick my hair together or make it hard: It is alchool free. It gives noticeable volume adding texture and shine as promised, and i also love the scent.

on 1/26/2007 11:20:00 AM

I love this mousse! It is my current HG of hair products. I use a golf ball sized amount mainly on my roots before blowing out with a round brush. The result: my long, fine, just wavy enough to drive you crazy but not enough to be cute, dryish hair is super shiny, silky, full of bouncy volume and under control with a medium hold that lasts the entire day. Other mousses I've tried are far too drying for my hair and leave it feeling stiff or sticky. With this one, I can run my fingers or a brush through my hair as though there is nothing in it and it seems to even reenergize the bounce and shine. My hair still looks great even after waking up the next morning! The price is really reasonable at around $10. The only negative I can find is the silver and neon blue bottle, which I guess is pretty tame compared to other TiGi products but for me is still garish and teeny-bopper enough that I definitely appreciate a cabinet or drawer to hide it in.

Popular Styling Products