September 21, 2014 | 1843 users online

Treatments - OPI - Natural Nail Strengthener

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by mysticmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is amazing! I can't believe this doesn't have a 100% rating. I was surprised to see that people said that the OPI Natural Nail Strengthener peeled off soon after they applied it. I have not had that problem at all. It dries very quickly, which makes it easier to add more coats. This has helped my long nails stay strong and healthy looking. I would be devastated when my long nails broke, but now they don't break, thanks to this polish from OPI! This is my holy grail nail product. Plus, it looks pretty on the nails alone, or under/over polish!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 4:55:00 AM More reviews by catsarepeopletoo

I like to have my nails long, but can't really handle the idea of having a set of acrylics. Given how much I end up using my hands in my job, my nails can start to split or peel easily, and this polish was a lifesaver. My nails are long, in great shape and much stronger after three months of using this polish fairly religiously. Whether it's on its own or under another neutral polish as a base coat, this product has worked beautifully for strengthening my nails.
The only downside is that when it starts to chip, it can come off in larger flakes, particularly if I've just washed my hands in hot water. Other than that, would heartily recommend this product to anyone with similar issues.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Juliebeans

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

HI ALL,

I just had really strong acrylics taken out a few days ago and my nails were all that it shouldn't be: brittle, weak, and fragile. Thank goodness I had my OPI natural nail strengthener in which I started putting on right away everyday. It has only been about 3 days and my nails have significantly become stronger. At first I thought, hm just a clear polish to keep my nails together; however, I must give more credit than it just being a clear polish. OPI is great in strengthener and its beautiful known colors. To who all that says it peels off right away, I do suggest putting on double coats for sure security. I just made this makeup alley acct to write a review on this. But looks like I will be writing more on other products worth reviewing! ~_~

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by scs2dd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm disappointed that I didn't get to see if this actually strengthens my nails because the exceedingly thin formula peeled right off the day it was applied; I painted it on (it dries in seconds), took a shower a few hours later and afterwards noticed it had peeled off four of my nails almost halfway to the cuticle. I reapplied and it lasted 'til the next day, but the slightest scratch would cause them to peel once more. I've hardly ever been disappointed by OPI as it's my go-to polish, but this was kind of ridiculous. I'm sure a thicker formula would fix my complaint.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by sweetlillies

Surprised to see that this product has an average rating. This worked for both my mom and I. We bought this a few years ago since we both have nails that get chipped easily until we used the nail strengthener. It worked like a charm and made are nails stronger. Since then we started buying more of it and made are nails in better condition than before.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 5:52:00 AM More reviews by Stephmua93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is first and foremost a nail strengthener! And it has done just that! My nails have been crappy since I wore acrylics (cringe) and this has really helped. But for me it has also helped my nail polish last, like a base coat. Before I bought this, my nail polish would chip the next day, no matter what brand I used, and this really stopped that problem! Plus it dries soooo fast that you can start putting your polish one right away! I bought this particular one, because my friend who works at trade secrets told me it was the one they used on clients as a base! I would repurchase for sure!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by mypinkfrog6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i've been using this for about two weeks and i don't know how i feel about it.

first of all this is neither a base or top coat which may be why its working horribly for others who have posted reviews. i apply one coat of this, then my base, then 2 coats of color, then, finally, my top coat. it's a lot of steps but my manis have been lasting a really long time.

i've never had problematic nails but i have short stubby fingers and nails that just won't grow. my nails have been growing a lot lately. my nails seem stronger but like i said i've never had nail problems (peeling, breaking, etc.) so i can't say whether or not without a doubt this stuff is worth the 8.50. i don't know that i'll repurchase this either.

i'm thinking about trying nail envy...there are more positive reviews (and review period) for nail envy.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by agirlwithcakedupmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't know why there are so many negative reviews on this. I tend to have very thin nails that split easily. I have been using this for about a month now as a base coat and I have noticed my nails ARE stronger. They're not as weak as they used to be and have not split at all. This product does peel if you wear it alone but I have no problems with it after I do my manicure.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by LauraW74

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product added protection to my nails for a day, but then they started peeling in thicker layers! My nails go through phases of being strong and then weak (my diet and habits are pretty consistent, and I take B12 everyday, so I've no idea why), but I've been sticking it out with this product for at least a month and they've only continued to get worse.

Two of my nails were so strong they seemed fake when I first put this stuff on, but shortly after they peeled off in thick layers, thicker than they've ever peeled before, and now as they continue to grow in they just keep breaking or tearing off because what's left is so weak and thin. I use cuticle oil almost daily, but it's not helping.

I don't know if I should have bought the formula especially for peeling nails, but I don't think I'll try it unless it goes on sale...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2010 3:23:00 AM More reviews by veeveeaan

My aunt is a make up artist and last year she recommended that I use this nail strengthener as a base coat instead of an actual 'base coat'. I've never been too bothered with my nails - never had anything like acrylics done - and I only get a manicure from time to time. Putting colour on my nails is just a way to pass the time and express myself. So this was a good money saver since I didn't have to worry myself about my nails getting brittle from the overuse of nail polish or whether my polish will go on evenly or not. From the looks of it some people don't think it worked for them. I, for one, never really had very brittle nails but I did feel them get slightly stronger. It also provides a perfect fine base coat for me (since I don't have any hugely distinct grooves in my nails) to apply polish evenly on... so all in all I think it's a great product for me as a student to cheap out on buying one product instead of two.