November 22, 2014 | 1373 users online

Hair - Dove - Dove Daily Moisture Damage Therapy Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by cattitude

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got a giant bottle of this stuff at Costco. I have thick, coarse, dry hair and I've found that Dove is the best drugstore brand of shampoo/conditioner that I've tried.
This conditioner is creamy and smoothing. It reminds me of a lighter version of the conditioner that comes in boxes of hair dye.
I will definitely be repurchasing Dove conditioner, but I would like to try the oil conditioner next time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 3:10:00 AM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

I am adding a new entry because the formula has changed from the original Daily Moisture.

I actually picked up the wrong one! I meant to get the intensive damage therapy. Dove's line is just too confusing, a lot of the names are a like, and the packing is much different - so, live and learn.

My hair: Very dry, very curly (3b), damage and frizz prone, color treated. I am trying to do the whole CG (curly girl) method - I only shampoo 1x a week, and CO (conditioner only) wash almost daily - maybe 4 times a week. I picked this up as a daily CO wash to remove product, clean scalp & moisturize. I use a TON of conditioner - I go through a bottle in about 2 weeks - so the price is right

Price: $4-5

It took me using this several times before I started to think there was something not right. It was fine at fist, it detangled well and felt moisturizing at first, but after using it for a week for my daily co-wash my hair started to get frizzy and lose it's curl. So I looked at the ingredients and I saw that there was Sodium Sulfate in it! I have NO IDEA why they thought that was a good idea to put in a conditioner called damage therapy, daily moisture! It does none of that.

Not surprisingly, it does cleanse hair - So I will use it occasionally in place of a clarifying shampoo, since I do use some products with silicones. I guess for that reason it will work well, because it isn't AS drying as a clarifying shampoo, but no, I wouldn't buy again.... I was pretty disappointed.

Packaging: I like that the flip top is also the base, making it easy to dispense, however, it does collect water... which is yuck.