Dove Dove Daily Moisture Damage Therapy Conditioner

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Ammonium Chloride, Glycol Distearate, Glycerin, Fragrance (Parfum), Carbomer, PPG - 9, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Amodimethicone, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, Poloxamer 217, Glyceryl Oleate, TEA - Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, C11 - 15 Pareth - 7, Laureth - 9, PEG - 180M, Trideceth - 12, Lysine HCI, Silk Amino Acids (Alanine Glycine, Serine, Arginine, Isoleucine, Cystine, Histidine, Glutamic Acid), Borago Officinalis Seed Oil (Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Oleic Acid, Eicosenoic Acid), Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Ext. Violet 2 (CI 60730).

on 9/29/2012 9:05:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I got a giant bottle of this stuff at Costco. I have thick, coarse, dry hair and I've found that Dove is the best drugstore brand of shampoo/conditioner that I've tried.
This conditioner is creamy and smoothing. It reminds me of a lighter version of the conditioner that comes in boxes of hair dye.
I will definitely be repurchasing Dove conditioner, but I would like to try the oil conditioner next time.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am adding a new entry because the formula has changed from the original Daily Moisture.

I actually picked up the wrong one! I meant to get the intensive damage therapy. Dove's line is just too confusing, a lot of the names are a like, and the packing is much different - so, live and learn.

My hair: Very dry, very curly (3b), damage and frizz prone, color treated. I am trying to do the whole CG (curly girl) method - I only shampoo 1x a week, and CO (conditioner only) wash almost daily - maybe 4 times a week. I picked this up as a daily CO wash to remove product, clean scalp & moisturize. I use a TON of conditioner - I go through a bottle in about 2 weeks - so the price is right

Price: $4-5

It took me using this several times before I started to think there was something not right. It was fine at fist, it detangled well and felt moisturizing at first, but after using it for a week for my daily co-wash my hair started to get frizzy and lose it's curl. So I looked at the ingredients and I saw that there was Sodium Sulfate in it! I have NO IDEA why they thought that was a good idea to put in a conditioner called damage therapy, daily moisture! It does none of that.

Not surprisingly, it does cleanse hair - So I will use it occasionally in place of a clarifying shampoo, since I do use some products with silicones. I guess for that reason it will work well, because it isn't AS drying as a clarifying shampoo, but no, I wouldn't buy again.... I was pretty disappointed.

Packaging: I like that the flip top is also the base, making it easy to dispense, however, it does collect water... which is yuck.

Popular Hair Products