April 20, 2014 | 1272 users online

Cleansers - Clearasil - Ultra Acne + Marks Wash and Mask

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by catheamazing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this product will definitely help you with acne, but I would be carefull if you have sensitive skin. it's really strong, my skin was almost burned after I used it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Well, I've just used this after a clay mask (Queen Helene Mint Julep) and I often have problems with clay (and mint) products, so if anything was going to irritate my oily/dry/sensitive skin it would be these two, used in combination. But no, I was careful to use just a small amount of the face wash (the size of a pea) and rinsed off well. My skin was left feeling soft and looked fairly radiant. It might be too harsh for everyday use and I'm not keen to use it as a mask but as I have a couple of stubborn marks that refuse to fade I am using this on 3 consecutive days then taking a break. I hope to see results soon. UPDATE: Used it 3 days in a row, mornings only, took a break and I've been using it since mixed 50/50 with my very mild Cerave Hydrating cleanser so that I can use it every day. I've also used it as a mask with no irritation. Combined with using my very mild homemade glycolic and rosewater toner (evenings only), it seems to be helping to fade/shrink my stubborn marks slightly quicker but it's not a miracle worker so I'm being patient. The tube is annoying as it dispenses too much then the cap is a mess, but I'll repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 5:45:00 AM More reviews by xenobia1968

I LOVE the new formula! I rarely break out now!
I start with using this as a mask, then wash with CeraVe hydrating cleanser, and finish off with CeraVe sunscreen. Let that set for about 20 minutes and start my makeup routine. If I get a pimple, it doesn't turn that ugly shade of "OMG put a bag over my face brown" :-) I'm thinking it has something to do with the Ceramides??? Then a couple times a month I'll use the Aztec Secret clay mask mixed with Bragg's ACV. I am so loving my skin and it's been a looooong time since I could say that!!! (I also do chemical peels but that's in another review) So happy I purchased this stuff

EDIT: I also open a capsule of activated charcoal and dump it into the Aztec mask/ACV. It helps pull the gunk out of your pores. Just be careful not to get it on your clothes! It's quite messy but so worth it :-)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2013 4:33:00 AM More reviews by emmawwwong

I really wanted to love this product, I've had a terrible experience.
I would not buy again because it's nto worth the money and irritates my skin, leavign it with red patches of itchiness and justterign inthe sun. yk

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Imp99

I bought this with the hope of getting a better face-wash for my blackheads and small white pimples.......but unfortunately it has failed me. heres why
texture: okay but reminded me of mud masks
scent: decent
Purpose: well that's what it failed at it didn't help my acne heal faster in fact it dried out my skin terribly that even my pomade couldn't salvage it.....and to make matters worse it has given me real acne....not my occasional three breakouts but a full fledged colony of red spots.....it didn't work for me so i wont be buying nor using it any more

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by srao92

I've been using this for close to a month and have seen no significant changes to my skin - good or bad.

There is quite a bit of acne on my chest and back area and I've been using this product on these areas to improve the appearance of the scars that are left behind. I haven't really seen any reduction in my acne marks (hyper pigmentation aka black marks) beyond what would be seen with natural skin changes. Improvements to my regular acne haven't really occurred either. Infact when I use this, I don't really feel anything - even the "clean" feeling I get after using my other products.

What I do like about the product is its versatility, you can use it as a mask and cleanser. Some of the other posters have mentioned the consistency being runny or the smell being quite off putting but I can't really say the same.

I've given it two stars because I quite like it as just a simple cleanser for my back and chest. I can't use normal products there and it doesn't seem to aggravate my sensitive skin as much as normal acne products. However, it just doesn't live up to its claim to remove scars.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by xoxitsme

After two weeks, I can say that it removes red marks from my face, making me look paler! I do still get blackheads all over my nose, it hasn't helped that at all. It's also very runny. I expected something thicker? I've used other washes, where you can feel the scrub/wash working in your skin, so to speak, whereas you feel little to nothing with this on your face. Good....but not good enough for me. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by CollegeKid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

It didn't help my acne nor harm it. But I am looking for something more in my cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by leenskii

My acne is only mild, but my skin scars very easily and so my acne appears much worse than it actually is. I've been using this product for about three weeks. I've seen a remarkable reduction in the amount of new blemishes that form, and my scars seem to be fading. However, I've noticed that now when I DO get any pimples, they are these intensely painful ones that lurk beneath my skin without coming to a head-- I believe they are cysts. Before using this face wash, cysts were very rare for me. And although I only seem to be getting two or three of them a week, it's still disappointing that this face wash seems to be causing them. They don't scar once they've passed, and so I suppose it's worth it to continue using the product because nothing else has helped my scars quite like this. I hate the packaging, though; too much product comes out, and the lid is surprisingly difficult to close completely.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by cristinaajasmin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product yesterday (6-11-13). But I barely tried it today. I like it already. Now I just have to wait for the results(: I think they are going to be good. My skin is so oily when i wake up. So that's when I washed my face & it was soo soft & it looks glowy!