Clearasil Ultra Acne + Marks Wash and Mask

2.7

8/8/2014 Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Bentonite, Kaolin, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Niacinamide, Sodium Lactate, Xanthan Gum, Cocoglucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Hexyldecanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Disodium EDTA, Bisabolol, Cetylhydroxyproline Palmitamide, Stearic Acid, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Sterols, FD&C Blue 1, FD&C Yellow 6.

I bought this face wash on a whim at winners and started using it twice a dah with my clarisonic and am amazed at how much my acne scars have lightened. my breakouts have also been less frequent and severe. I will definitely be purchasing again !

I like this cleanser a lot. I went to the store, searching for nutraginas new grapefruit face wash. They didn't have it, but this caught my eye. I like how it can be used as a daily cleanser and occasional mask. If used often, you see quick results!! I don't have a lot of acne, but when I do theyre very stubborn and take awhile to go away. After purchasing this 3 or so weeks ago and using it every day since, my skin is looking so much more clear, and radient. It doesn't dry out my skin but doesn't leave it feeling oily either. Just nice and soft. I love this and I'm glad the Nutragina product that I was searching for wasn't there, because I would have never stumbled upon this awesome product!!! Love this.

on 8/15/2014 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like the idea of this product but unfortunately I've been using it for a couple of months now and I don't think it's making much of a difference for my hormonal acne. If anything, I seem to be breaking out more and getting more blackheads than I did using my Neutrogena salicylic acid cleansers. I won't be repurchasing this.

on 7/9/2014 10:18:00 AM

While shopping for a new face wash, I discovered and bought this product on impulse, without reading any reviews prior to buying it (which is rare for me). When I finally did search for reviews, I was shocked at the amount of bad reviews this product received. I did, however, find that the reviews on amazon were a bit more positive, so I tried it. To my delight, it cleared up my skin to a manageable variable. I also noticed that it got rid of tiny pimples, and dried out the older ones.
I've been using this as a spot treatment for any breakouts around my face for a few months now.
I wash my face with my normal cleanser and apply the product directly to the pimple, and leave it on for about five minutes, wiping it off with a damp cotton pad. I do this every night and so far it hasn't caused any excess drying or burning. If I apply this as a mask for my whole face I believe that it would be too strong and drying for my skin- same goes for using it as a wash, so I'm sticking to spot treatment, and so far, it has worked very well.
I actually really like the smell of it, it has a fruity sort of fragrance that I enjoy. The texture is sort of like a runny mask, and it doesn't froth up. When you apply it to your skin and leave it there, it dries up like a regular mask.
The packaging is okay, I found the lid a bit fiddly and flimsy, but other than that, it's pretty good. There's also plenty of product in the tube, as it has lasted a long time for me.
Overall, I'm really pleased with this product. It's helped my skin to clear up quite a bit. My advice would be to use it as a spot treatment on the blemishes only, and to moisturise after use to avoid dryness.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this product will definitely help you with acne, but I would be carefull if you have sensitive skin. it's really strong, my skin was almost burned after I used it.

Well, I've just used this after a clay mask (Queen Helene Mint Julep) and I often have problems with clay (and mint) products, so if anything was going to irritate my oily/dry/sensitive skin it would be these two, used in combination. But no, I was careful to use just a small amount of the face wash (the size of a pea) and rinsed off well. My skin was left feeling soft and looked fairly radiant. It might be too harsh for everyday use and I'm not keen to use it as a mask but as I have a couple of stubborn marks that refuse to fade I am using this on 3 consecutive days then taking a break. I hope to see results soon. UPDATE: Used it 3 days in a row, mornings only, took a break and I've been using it since mixed 50/50 with my very mild Cerave Hydrating cleanser so that I can use it every day. I've also used it as a mask with no irritation. Combined with using my very mild homemade glycolic and rosewater toner (evenings only), it seems to be helping to fade/shrink my stubborn marks slightly quicker but it's not a miracle worker so I'm being patient. The tube is annoying as it dispenses too much then the cap is a mess, but I'll repurchase.

on 10/19/2013 5:45:00 AM

I LOVE the new formula! I rarely break out now!
I start with using this as a mask, then wash with CeraVe hydrating cleanser, and finish off with CeraVe sunscreen. Let that set for about 20 minutes and start my makeup routine. If I get a pimple, it doesn't turn that ugly shade of "OMG put a bag over my face brown" :-) I'm thinking it has something to do with the Ceramides??? Then a couple times a month I'll use the Aztec Secret clay mask mixed with Bragg's ACV. I am so loving my skin and it's been a looooong time since I could say that!!! (I also do chemical peels but that's in another review) So happy I purchased this stuff

EDIT: I also open a capsule of activated charcoal and dump it into the Aztec mask/ACV. It helps pull the gunk out of your pores. Just be careful not to get it on your clothes! It's quite messy but so worth it :-)

on 10/19/2013 4:33:00 AM

I really wanted to love this product, I've had a terrible experience.
I would not buy again because it's nto worth the money and irritates my skin, leavign it with red patches of itchiness and justterign inthe sun. yk

on 9/3/2013 9:28:00 AM

I bought this with the hope of getting a better face-wash for my blackheads and small white pimples.......but unfortunately it has failed me. heres why
texture: okay but reminded me of mud masks
scent: decent
Purpose: well that's what it failed at it didn't help my acne heal faster in fact it dried out my skin terribly that even my pomade couldn't salvage it.....and to make matters worse it has given me real acne....not my occasional three breakouts but a full fledged colony of red spots.....it didn't work for me so i wont be buying nor using it any more

on 8/4/2013 5:01:00 AM

I've been using this for close to a month and have seen no significant changes to my skin - good or bad.

There is quite a bit of acne on my chest and back area and I've been using this product on these areas to improve the appearance of the scars that are left behind. I haven't really seen any reduction in my acne marks (hyper pigmentation aka black marks) beyond what would be seen with natural skin changes. Improvements to my regular acne haven't really occurred either. Infact when I use this, I don't really feel anything - even the "clean" feeling I get after using my other products.

What I do like about the product is its versatility, you can use it as a mask and cleanser. Some of the other posters have mentioned the consistency being runny or the smell being quite off putting but I can't really say the same.

I've given it two stars because I quite like it as just a simple cleanser for my back and chest. I can't use normal products there and it doesn't seem to aggravate my sensitive skin as much as normal acne products. However, it just doesn't live up to its claim to remove scars.