Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Bronzing Veil Tropical Nights

on 7/31/2015 3:12:00 PM

I want to review tropical days but it doesn't seem to be listed. Firstly i hated this initially. Im a NC15 and i thought the dark was way too dark and even the highlighting end of it would get too brown. However i realised its very pigmented and i have to use a very light hand and really tap off the excess. I hate how its so powdery and messy it is but i have to admit it applies like a dream super smoothly and evenly. So after playing with it for a while and looking at myself in every shop mirror and reflection i could find i am thrilled that i can achieve the most beautiful natural brown (not orange) tan colour with a lovely sheen. It beats my much more orangey Guerlain 4 seasons and sun blondes. It is not my everyday bronzer as I'm often in a rush and this requires some precise application as its slightly too dark for me but its fabulous for when i have that extra time so i shall keep it. Its also the perfect little compact to travel with unlike my humungous laura mercier bronzer. Id say if you are nc15 to about 30 the tropical days is lovely. The other one (tropical nights) has a much more neutral rose tone and is greater for darker skins. Both of them are more of a contour brown shade as opposed to your typical orangey bronzers like guerlain and dior etc. Laura mercier 02, 03 and 04 are a tad more orangey than these but less so than the likes of guerlain, dior, lancome etc so if you like this try those too. If you like the nars bronzers you will like these, but beware the highlighter end makes this much more glowy but its not chunky glitter its wearable for me in the day even though im typically a matte only kinda girl. This applies more smoothly and is less muddy looking than the nars laguna (and the other darker nars on) imo.

on 7/3/2015 10:56:00 PM

Along with foundations and mascaras, I just love bronzers and this is my favorite bronzer. I am fair-skinned (around NC15-20) and this bronzer just looks amazing on me, and far better than any other bronzer that I have. It must be the product because I use the same brushes and "techniques" (I'm not a pro! lol) as with other bronzers, and this just always looks the best. I'll start off by saying I ordered this during Sephora's VIB sale and I secretly hoped I wouldn't like it so I could return it since I maybe kinda overspent during that sale. Instead, it became my favorite of everything that I got. It is a gradient from very light (with sheen) at top to very dark (less sheen) at the bottom and it is all very cool-toned, with no hint of orange. i don't know how, but I can contour my entire face with it, including my jawline and my neck (my neck is lighter than my face so I always have to take bronzer down my neck) and it always works nicely. it is versatile as you can choose a shade that you want within the gradation and spot-use it, or you can swirl your brush around in the whole thing and use it that way. I just love it and I find I force myself to use my other bronzers so I don't use this every day.

The only thing I wish that was different about this bronzer is that I wish it was bigger. It's .34 oz and $44.

on 11/28/2014 9:02:00 PM

MICA( glitter) Is the second ingredient, and I can confirm it contains a lot of it.
This product is MADE IN CHINA. I won't even feed my dog food made in china. So disappointing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is absolutely my HG bronzer, I have no idea how I lived without this in my life. It is beautifully packaged and has a devine formula which is a dream to apply.

It is unusual when you first see it, as it doesn't look like other bronzers being it has a rosy, almost pinky look to it. I came across this by chance when a MUA at the Kevin Aucoin counter put it on me, saying it is perfect for light skin tones like myself. Boy, was she right!

It doesn't look strange on the skin as I had originally thought, but extremely natural as if you have that perfect flushed, sunkissed look. It warms up my face instantly and has a beautiful sheen to it that is not glittery or sparkly but just subtle and natural.

I cannot say enough good things about this product, it is quickly becoming one of my most favourite of all my beauty products and I would repurchase this a million times over. Completely worth the money!!

*For references I am NC15.

on 12/23/2012 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

After being in two minds about this bronzer for quite some time, I actually have come to enjoy it a lot. It's a nice cool toned rose brown color with a slight shimmer (doesn't translate to the skin). It's also a gradient product so it starts as a nice beige-y white color and ends at a cool dark brown. This means you can separate the two and use it as a subtle highlight and contour if you wanted to. I mainly just swirl my Bobbi Brown Bronzer Brush in it and then tap off the excess (make sure you do, because this product is overly pigmented and can make you look sunburnt) and then go around the outside edges of my face in the whole E/3 shape. Also when I wear this, I don't find I need to use a blush because the slight rose tone makes me look like I have a slightly natural flush; However, if you wanted to combat the rose tones, you could add a warm blush.

All in all, I didn't like this bronzer at first, I felt it made me look too red, and too flushed, but I noticed that when applied correctly and with a light hand, it makes me look so naturally tan that it's hard not to use it everyday. It is truly a unique product but I think it would be great for anyone that is afraid of looking orange.

on 3/4/2011 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this bronzer!! It looks great on my ppp skin. It has a slight rose tone in it. But, you really do not see the rose. It is hard to describe. It has gradual shading from light to dark also. So, I can add the lighter shade on my cheekbones for a glow and the darker for contouring. But, this bronzer has no orange to it. I feel like my face looks naked without it. It just gives it added color and glow to it without over the top bronzing.

Popular Bronzers