November 28, 2014 | 1943 users online

Bronzers - Thin Lizzy - 6 in 1 Professional Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2014 5:53:00 AM More reviews by NatashaJ27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Used for years my go to!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by 14916

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So what product do I have in my makeup bag that comes in only one colour and that I can use as a contour, a lip color, an eye shadow, a blusher and a bronzer...oh wait did someone say bronzer?.

Yep, its a mineral bronzer. That's it.

It's not something amazing and new, it's just a bronzer. A reasonably good bronzer (mineral bronzers are nice, they buff into your face beautifully), but a bronzer nonetheless.

You can use your regular bronzer for all of the things they mention on the add, so they aren't "lying" in any real sense. But I'm going to go through how it works for each one.

1) Bronzer. It has lots of the advantages of mineral makeup in that you can layer up for more color, and buff and blend to soften. So yes, it's a nice bronzer.

2) Contour/Face framer. If you are brand new to contouring or like using your bronzer this is nice and subtle and hard to screw up (if you make a mistake you can just buff/blend it until it evens out). There's also the instructions. However if you are going for a professional look, it's not going to cut the mustard. A really good contour powder should have slightly taupe undertones, to imitate shadow. This is a shiny gold, more like a highlighter, so unless you have very yellow skin you'll risk looking unnatural.

3) Eyeshadow. I like the effect of using a subtle shimmery bronzer as an eyeshadow, and this is no exception. (Oh, and if you get bored with this you can also use your blush). Don't forget to use a primer or it won't stay.

4) Foundation. Please, be sensible. Shimmery gold/bronzed faces are not natural. If you are dark enough this could actually be a really nice highlighter, but I'd never even consider using it as a foundation.

5) Lips. If you mix it with the lip gloss you essentially get a shimmery nude look. You run the standard risk with nudes, that if you go too many shades away from pink you'll look a bit sick (and according to the research, also older apparently). This whole effect is largely a function of the lip gloss, which although not the worlds best lip gloss is interesting and versatile. It'll work with lots of powders, not just this one, so you can get some pretty interesting looks if you play with it.

6) Blush. No, it doesn't magically turn pink. It's a 90s look really, using bronzer and skipping blush (probably because everyone in the 80s used waaay too much blush). Given current trends I'd stick to something pink and subtle.

I wouldn't get this again largely because I don't really use a bronzer (I'm an indoor girl and proud of it). But as far as bronzers go, the price is comparable with say, mirenesse, and the product is of comparable quality.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2014 4:53:00 AM More reviews by 5starchikita

This is one of the worst foundation ive ever come across. It comes in two shades; Light and dark. The ads say it "works for pale skin as it adds a tan" but this makes you more orange than tan. I will never use this on my face as a foundation because I WILL look like an oompa loompa. It can however be used quiet nicely as a bronzer and a bronzer alone.

This is promoted as the best thing for everyone but seriously doesn't work for pale people like me. Its horribly sparkly. Natural glow was a far superior product. The only other positive is the brush, it is good quality and a good contouring blush brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by roxysurf15

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Firstly this is a great bronzer/powder to wear on top of ya foundation. On non make up days its great to just add some colour to your face. I dont like it for a contour (i dont bother with that anyways) and its not great as a blusher. But i like it to wear on top of my foundation. The one thing i realllly hate about is. I have to pay $50 for it and i get all this other crap with it. I wish we could just buy it on its own. i hate the lip gloss (its sticky and messy) i hate the eyeliners. the other thing i noticed is my skin gets oily by the end of the day, however its summer here in NZ at the moment and i dont use a primer witch could help with this. I still buy it and curse with all the extra stuff it comes with. I prefer Nude by Natures mineral powder (australian made and cruelty free) but thin lizzy gives a very subtle shimmer look to my skin

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by dellajaz24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely hate this stuff!!! I used to use it as a bronzer / contour but now I realise its absolutely awful and have thrown my half used compact away because its so horrible. It leaves a bright orange shimmery glittery mass of awfulness all over your cheeks, it doesn't look the slightest bit natural and it accentuated all my fine lines. It looked like I had orange glitter all through my pores and lines. All in all this is the WORST bronzer ever! (or whatever they like to think it is) and I'll never use it again.
Ps: The lip glosses, eye liners are totally CRAP! the lip gloss feels like you have glue all over your lips and the eye liners, well they are more useless than tits on a bull!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 7:01:00 AM More reviews by brittanybeauty446

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!
This is my absolute go to powder every day.
I'm gonna try and keep it short so here are the pros and cons

PROS:
It really is a multi-purpose powder! i thought it was just a fad since I first saw it on an infomercial, but it really works>
It is a great gradual bronzer; it bronzes skin without looking like you've piled on the cake.
It even works as a subtle self-tanner. I have pale skin, and if i apply it in circular motions on my chest, legs, arms, it gives a great healthy glow.

CONS:
DO NOT APPLY IT AS A FULL FACE POWDER! The ads say you can, but if you do, you look like a big, shimmery cheeto. only ever apply to the cheekbones, jawline, and top of your forehead (where the sun would naturally hit your face).
It doesn't last all day. It'll give you a good couple of hours, but you'll need touch-ups.
THE PACKAGING. the brush is fine, but I dropped it ONCE from quite a low height onto a regular wooden floor, and both the mirror and actual palette broke off. I had to throw out the mirror and re-glue the actual makeup. There's a reason it's so cheap...

Overall, I would definitely buy it again, great for a final touch over your foundation/concealer. I really do recommend it! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 5:50:00 AM More reviews by sophie1992

used this for a few years but just thought it was a fad so bought a few different bronzers and they were all too orange or sparkly or mixed with too much pink blush so have found my way back to thin lizzy and am so happy! I use a tiny bit of foundation and brush this over the top for a natural sunb kissed look (truly) then use as a bronzer on my cheeks and dust over my eyes and i look like a total beach babe! I tan very easily but my face is always pale and freckly so this stuff rocks. you will never go back

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by harmonyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

gives me pimples if I wear it to often. okay the brush is okay. the powder works fine on my white with yellow complexion skin as a blush, contour and just around my face all VERY lightly but if I put it on as a eye shadow I look like iv been punched in the eyes lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by tashy88

BEST STUFF EVER!!!!!! love it, looks so pretty. gives you a great glow A+++++++++++++

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Mum85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I saw the thin lizzy range in big w and I needed a new foundation,it's very hard to find my shade and tone but I bought the foundation in minx (omg! A perfect match!) and the 6in1 in light.first off the foundation price of $39? Is ok I paid that for nude by nature but I hated loose powder and had to get both light and med to get my shade,so that's why I bought thin lizzy,the 6in1 in light is the nicest bronzes iv used (iv uses it as a bronzer eyeshadow and contour but not as a full face veil or on the lips,I'm medium tanned and I can't get away with it as a "foundation" even with a very light hand.the packaging is simple with mirror built in,it's small and sleek to fit in any bag/purse,the brush is lovely and silky soft,the price though is abit much $49! I wish they would sell this on its own,not as a double or with the other useless stuff you get with it,the eyeliner is average the gloss is the most horrible texture and feel (it's so sticky,gluey and heavy feeling).i like the 6in1 but I wish they'd sell it on its own and for what's its really worth and its defiantly not worth $49