Thin Lizzy - 6 in 1 Professional Powder

2.8

LIGHT BLUE COMPACT >>> Talc sterilised, mica, zinc, stearate, isopropyl jojobate, jojoba alcohol, jojoba esters, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, lauroyl lysine, methyl paraben, propyl paraben, diazolinyl urea. OLD DARK BLUE COMPACT>>> Talc usp, mica, zinc stearate bp, isoeicosane, isopropyl jojobate, jojoba alcohol, jojoba esters, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, silica, lauroyl lysine, propylene gylcol, diazolinyl urea, methyl paraben, propyl paraben. BROWN BLACK DOUBLE ENDED EYE LINER PENCIL >>> Beeswax, Isopropyl Myristate, CI77491/2/9, Carnauba Wax, Ceresin,> Octyldodecanol, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Diethylhexylcyclohexane, > Phenoxyethanol, BHT, CI77510

on 6/3/2015 10:47:00 AM

I originally received Thin Lizzy as a gift years ago and have been using it ever since. It's one of my essentials. Even friends that only like designer make up are constantly asking to use it whenever I'm around. I mainly use it as a bronzer and for contouring. And occasionally I use it as an eyeshadow and over my lips before using a clear gloss. I like the eyeliner too, it's really good and comes with an awesome sharpener on the lid. The lipgloss is useless though, it's tacky and even after you wipe it off your mouth feels sticky. But $50 for 2 6-in-1 compacts, 2 brushes, 2 lipgloss and 2 duo eyeliners with sharpeners is a steal! However it's no good as an all over foundation, for fair skin anyway.

on 11/11/2014 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Used for years my go to!

on 4/23/2014 11:25:00 PM

So what product do I have in my makeup bag that comes in only one colour and that I can use as a contour, a lip color, an eye shadow, a blusher and a bronzer...oh wait did someone say bronzer?.

Yep, its a mineral bronzer. That's it.

It's not something amazing and new, it's just a bronzer. A reasonably good bronzer (mineral bronzers are nice, they buff into your face beautifully), but a bronzer nonetheless.

You can use your regular bronzer for all of the things they mention on the add, so they aren't "lying" in any real sense. But I'm going to go through how it works for each one.

1) Bronzer. It has lots of the advantages of mineral makeup in that you can layer up for more color, and buff and blend to soften. So yes, it's a nice bronzer.

2) Contour/Face framer. If you are brand new to contouring or like using your bronzer this is nice and subtle and hard to screw up (if you make a mistake you can just buff/blend it until it evens out). There's also the instructions. However if you are going for a professional look, it's not going to cut the mustard. A really good contour powder should have slightly taupe undertones, to imitate shadow. This is a shiny gold, more like a highlighter, so unless you have very yellow skin you'll risk looking unnatural.

3) Eyeshadow. I like the effect of using a subtle shimmery bronzer as an eyeshadow, and this is no exception. (Oh, and if you get bored with this you can also use your blush). Don't forget to use a primer or it won't stay.

4) Foundation. Please, be sensible. Shimmery gold/bronzed faces are not natural. If you are dark enough this could actually be a really nice highlighter, but I'd never even consider using it as a foundation.

5) Lips. If you mix it with the lip gloss you essentially get a shimmery nude look. You run the standard risk with nudes, that if you go too many shades away from pink you'll look a bit sick (and according to the research, also older apparently). This whole effect is largely a function of the lip gloss, which although not the worlds best lip gloss is interesting and versatile. It'll work with lots of powders, not just this one, so you can get some pretty interesting looks if you play with it.

6) Blush. No, it doesn't magically turn pink. It's a 90s look really, using bronzer and skipping blush (probably because everyone in the 80s used waaay too much blush). Given current trends I'd stick to something pink and subtle.

I wouldn't get this again largely because I don't really use a bronzer (I'm an indoor girl and proud of it). But as far as bronzers go, the price is comparable with say, mirenesse, and the product is of comparable quality.

on 1/22/2014 4:53:00 AM

This is one of the worst foundation ive ever come across. It comes in two shades; Light and dark. The ads say it "works for pale skin as it adds a tan" but this makes you more orange than tan. I will never use this on my face as a foundation because I WILL look like an oompa loompa. It can however be used quiet nicely as a bronzer and a bronzer alone.

This is promoted as the best thing for everyone but seriously doesn't work for pale people like me. Its horribly sparkly. Natural glow was a far superior product. The only other positive is the brush, it is good quality and a good contouring blush brush.

on 12/28/2013 6:12:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Firstly this is a great bronzer/powder to wear on top of ya foundation. On non make up days its great to just add some colour to your face. I dont like it for a contour (i dont bother with that anyways) and its not great as a blusher. But i like it to wear on top of my foundation. The one thing i realllly hate about is. I have to pay $50 for it and i get all this other crap with it. I wish we could just buy it on its own. i hate the lip gloss (its sticky and messy) i hate the eyeliners. the other thing i noticed is my skin gets oily by the end of the day, however its summer here in NZ at the moment and i dont use a primer witch could help with this. I still buy it and curse with all the extra stuff it comes with. I prefer Nude by Natures mineral powder (australian made and cruelty free) but thin lizzy gives a very subtle shimmer look to my skin

on 8/3/2013 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely hate this stuff!!! I used to use it as a bronzer / contour but now I realise its absolutely awful and have thrown my half used compact away because its so horrible. It leaves a bright orange shimmery glittery mass of awfulness all over your cheeks, it doesn't look the slightest bit natural and it accentuated all my fine lines. It looked like I had orange glitter all through my pores and lines. All in all this is the WORST bronzer ever! (or whatever they like to think it is) and I'll never use it again.
Ps: The lip glosses, eye liners are totally CRAP! the lip gloss feels like you have glue all over your lips and the eye liners, well they are more useless than tits on a bull!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!
This is my absolute go to powder every day.
I'm gonna try and keep it short so here are the pros and cons

PROS:
It really is a multi-purpose powder! i thought it was just a fad since I first saw it on an infomercial, but it really works>
It is a great gradual bronzer; it bronzes skin without looking like you've piled on the cake.
It even works as a subtle self-tanner. I have pale skin, and if i apply it in circular motions on my chest, legs, arms, it gives a great healthy glow.

CONS:
DO NOT APPLY IT AS A FULL FACE POWDER! The ads say you can, but if you do, you look like a big, shimmery cheeto. only ever apply to the cheekbones, jawline, and top of your forehead (where the sun would naturally hit your face).
It doesn't last all day. It'll give you a good couple of hours, but you'll need touch-ups.
THE PACKAGING. the brush is fine, but I dropped it ONCE from quite a low height onto a regular wooden floor, and both the mirror and actual palette broke off. I had to throw out the mirror and re-glue the actual makeup. There's a reason it's so cheap...

Overall, I would definitely buy it again, great for a final touch over your foundation/concealer. I really do recommend it! :)

on 4/12/2013 5:50:00 AM

used this for a few years but just thought it was a fad so bought a few different bronzers and they were all too orange or sparkly or mixed with too much pink blush so have found my way back to thin lizzy and am so happy! I use a tiny bit of foundation and brush this over the top for a natural sunb kissed look (truly) then use as a bronzer on my cheeks and dust over my eyes and i look like a total beach babe! I tan very easily but my face is always pale and freckly so this stuff rocks. you will never go back

on 3/8/2013 6:27:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

gives me pimples if I wear it to often. okay the brush is okay. the powder works fine on my white with yellow complexion skin as a blush, contour and just around my face all VERY lightly but if I put it on as a eye shadow I look like iv been punched in the eyes lol.

on 1/30/2013 10:06:00 PM

BEST STUFF EVER!!!!!! love it, looks so pretty. gives you a great glow A+++++++++++++

Popular Bronzers