November 27, 2014 | 1359 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Vitamin C Radiance Powder (aka Vitamin C Radiance Mix)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Merryweather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Using this for 8 day;s now and realy hoped it would work for me but my skin is getting worse!Redness all over,break outs,itching and even a slight burning sensation now and then.It does absolutely nothing good for my skin !

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2011 6:31:00 AM More reviews by nols

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first C Serum. Itís a 5% (AA) Vitamin C serum from The Body Shop that you mix yourself prior to the first use. The product itself comes packaged in a clear glass vial with a white cap. The vial contains 10ml of the base serum, and the cap contains a reservoir where the AA powder is stored. To activate, you simply press down of the cap until the reservoir is punctured and the AA powder is released into the base. Shake vigorously for a few minutes to dissolve the AA, the product is then ready for use. TBS box also contains a rigid orange dropper cap for easier dispensing. This product is recommended to be used within 10 days of mixing (Which I think is a huge waste! ) The product has a water-thin consistency and feels nice going on (no stickiness or anything unpleasant) Using this serum twice daily for the 10 days, game me very soft, smooth and glowing skin! Pretty good for a £13 serum. I also stored mine in the fridge and did discard after the 10 days. I should mention that there was still 2/3 of serum left! For my second vial I made a few changes :) As I easily tolerated the 5% AA and didnít want to waste any product this time, I transferred 1/3 of the base serum to another container and added 0.45 grams of L-Ascorbic Acid crystals (Solgar) Mix until crystals are dissolved and store in the fridge. This gave me a 15% C Serum that feels good on my skin, gives me the same lovely results and lasts around 10 days per mini batch and a month per product. All in all I am very pleased with this serum and have repurchased several times already.

Ingredients: (from website)
Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Glycerin (Humectant), PEG-8 (Humectant), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (Emulsifier), Olive Oil PEG-8 Esters (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), PEG-32 (Emollient), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Panthenol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Skin Conditioning Agent), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Myrciaria Dubia Fruit Extract (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient).

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No