November 28, 2014 | 1240 users online

Polishes - Hand and Nail Harmony Gelish Gel Polish

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2014 9:32:00 AM More reviews by BelleMani

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm sooo disappointed with the yellowing that occurs with the lighter colors, and my attempts to get answers go unrecognized. I'll be looking for a new brand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Suil

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Gelish in Desert Sands, a neutral with shimmer. I've tried Shellac, OPI gel, Japanese brands, Essie gel, etc. The only one that stays for any amount of time (10-14 days) is Gelish. Price point is in line with the other brands. For someone whose nails chip in 2-3 days using regular polish, this stuff is a lifesaver! Not to mention that it's dry once color is applied and dried under the UV light, so no mess while waiting for it to dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by OnlyLuxe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love Gelish! I've been doing my own at home gel manis for years now. I've always been obsessed with doing my own nails, but got super tired of putting a bunch of work into them and then *gasp* chipping the very next day! I found Gelish at Sally's Beauty Supply several years back when of couple girls at work started getting their nails shallaced and I was interested in the lasting power they claimed it had. I bought the entire kit, which is pricey, but totally worth it, and I've never looked back. It's totally worth the investment considering how much they charge to do it in a salon, and from my experience, Gelish lasts much longer than anything comparable on the market. Here are my tips and advice for the Gelish system.

1. Do NOT buy all that crap to remove and set the gel! What a waste of money! Get some 100% pure acetone to remove and get some 70% alcohol from the drug store to set your mani. NO NEED to waste money on the fancy stuff, it's WAY overpriced. The acetone and alcohol in large size bottles will cost less than 10 bucks and last for months upon months. The Ph Bond is also useless. You need to "rough" up your nail bed and clean it with alcohol, that's all. All the Ph Bond does is dehydrate the nail bed, you can do this for pennies versus 14 bucks for a tiny bottle of useless-ness.

2. Some of the colors aren't that great, when I'm looking for a new color I steer clear of the ultra creamy pastels, for some reason they do not layer onto the nail well and are just, in general, super hard to work with. Also, some of the colors change after several days, so be aware of that. Most aren't that noticeable or that big of a deal, but I've noticed that the lighter pinks are really bad for turning yellowish after a week or so.

3. If you are doing them yourself, be patient! It takes FOREVER! But hey! It lasts for 3 weeks! and if you do a simple color without any frills, you can totally get away with doing just a fill once or *maybe* twice...it depends, all you gotta do though is take a buffing block and buff the natural nail and smooth down the re-growth line and then apply the whole process as usual, base-color-top.~~ It may take you once or twice to get it down also, it is slightly different than slapping on some polish. I like to do one entire hand from start to finish before I do the other, it makes you less accident prone, and believe me, you don't wanna screw up this stuff after you set it with the light and before you set it with the top coat, you will have to soak it off and start over.

4. I highly recommend the LED light, the UV lights are obviously unhealthy. The LED also dries your nails WAY faster. The actual at home Gelish LED lamp cost somewhere around 50 bucks, but I've have mine for going on 3 years and it still works like a champ, it has most def paid for itself since I don't over pay some person to do something I can do better at home.

5. Bottom line- If you love to do your own nails, and spend a lot of time on them, Gelish is your new bestest-best-ever-friend. Invest and you won't regret, I promise!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by jen5276

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this stuff. Got a gel manicure with this....and the color last and lasts. I got the "holiday party blues" color and it's amazing. The gel manicures I got with Shellac and Opi chipped much faster than with Gelish. I will only use the Gelish from now on...truly great quality. I'm very hard on my nails and type for a living, so for polish to last this long on me is nothing short of a miracle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I had little patience for manicured nails, and I am super hard on my hands. My husband loves colored nails so I searched for the strongest, longest-lasting polishes I could find. I use Gelish colors with the LED lamp, and they last up to 3 weeks on my hands, and at least a month on my toes! Gelish has a beautiful range of fun colors, so I don't get bored with the same old look. I can't imagine why I'd ever use anything else on my nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by ashlou7891

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This little star can be used for many things .. Base coat, top coat, add a gloss to natural nails .. Or as an alternative to shellac .. 1st apply base coat then alternate with polish colour, gelish & repeat & finally apply a top coat & hey presto hard wearing .. Lasting polished perfection!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My salon using Gellish top and base coats with Dare to Wear Perfect match (colors) gel. They wear for 2 - 3 weeks with no edge wear and minimal ridge chipping. I may even buy some when I (finally) invest in my own LED lamp and system. Very good!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by ladykestryl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. The base coat and the top coat are wonderful. I have used this for a few months. Long enough to use the Gelish colors I have, from Sally's and to do the Gelly Sandwich technique. Since I have oily nail beds, I can get about 10 days of wear from Gelish colors and the regular nail polish I "sandwich" in between the base and top coats. The key to this technique is to allow the regular nail polish to fully dry before you place the top coat on the nail. I have used fast dry and regular dry nail polish, and had the same wonderful results. The foil technique is the best to take this off. Once my normal stash of nail polish is exhausted, I will probably buy exclusively gel nail polish just for the wonderful wear, unless there is another technological miracle the cosmetic gods and goddesses create.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by MissLulu1

Love Gelish, I do my own nails at home and have recently stopped buying Shellac and started using Gelish which is much harder wearing and shinier. Not easy to apply and it does take practice but once applied correctly I have perfect nails for at least 10 days. Make sure the first coat you apply is perfect, ensure the gel does not flood your cuticles or touch your skin, if it does this will cause lifting once dry. Also make sure you seal the free edge with each layer, very important to prevent chipping. Take your time, it takes a good hour and make sure you have excellent light, I use a nail lamp, yes it really does make a difference, application is everything. Enjoy salon results at home!! It last 4-6 weeks on my toes, basically until it grows off. I have lots of colours, at the moment my favourite winter ones are plum and done (dark purple), good gossip (sparkly red), bellas vampire ( dark almost black), a glitter gelish looks great over bellas vampire to add some sparkle. One essential tip is to use a nail oil daily to keep your nails from drying out and dehydrating which could cause peeling and chipping. I have learnt this from experience by using a nail oil you will keep your nails in tip top condition!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 2:47:00 AM More reviews by wendigrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love gel manicures! At one point I got really interested in them so when my husband offered to buy the light for me I went and ordered a gelish starter kit from amazon. I really just liked the bottle design and name. Ive never had gel nails done at a salon so it was all new to me. Of course I read alot of instructions and watched how to videos on youtube. Its not as hard as you may think at first but it does take a long time to do a full manicure with a standard uv light. The results are worth it, though I still want to invest in the 18g led light to speed up the process. Will be saving my pennies for a long while for that! All in all I am happy with this brand. They are always releasing new colors and I havent had trouble at all with any of the colors Ive used. I cant really use regular polish anymore because its so disappointing when it chips and flakes!