Hand and Nail Harmony Gelish Gel Polish

4.5

on 2/7/2015 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

I have gotten two salon manicures with this and WOW!! No chipping or edge wear at all. None! It lasts for 2 weeks before it grows out and you need a re-do. I am very hard on my hands and I have thin, brittle weak nails. Normal polish chips and peels within 24 hours, and after a few weeks of regular Polish wear, my nails are yellow, broken to the quick, peeled so thin they hurt, and generally absolutely ruined. But Gelish makes them thick, strong, and darned near unbreakable!!

The only bad thing about using a gel system is that you wear the same color for weeks at a time so you get bored with it, and you need a color that will basically match all your outfits! I wouldn't get a hot pink because you're limited with your wardrobe. But I get more neutral soft, kind of sparkly colors that kind of go with everything.

As for removal, you can soak it off with no damage.

on 2/7/2015 10:27:00 AM

I have been using the Gelish line for about a year now. I could never make regular polish last on my nails because they are thin, weak and begin to peel after a few weeks of using regular polishes.

For my nails I use the Gelish Structure Gel (2 layers, applied with a brush) and it is amazing! It goes on top of the foundation, and the small pot lasts forever. I don't use any other Gelish products except the foundation, Structure Gel, gelish colours, and top if off, and daily applications of cuticle oil. All brands of this last product seem to be about equal to me. All the other products Gelish sells are unnecessary, and I have tried them.

One thing I have found to be very important is the product I use to soak off. The best I have found is Red Carpet's 'Erase'. It is not that expensive when used with foil wraps, as the pads don't soak up a lot of product. I do one hand, wrapping each finger firmly at the nail with tape. When I move to the next hand I use an eyedropper to deliver more Erase to the pad inside the foil wrap, and then put the wraps on the same fingers. That's why the tape - it keeps the foil wraps in shape for replacement and keeps them tight against the nail. This saves money!

My nails show no damage from the soak off process using Erase. All the layers just lift off using Erase - no hard scraping, filing, gouging, or anything like that. Beautiful! And this really helps to keep my nails in good condition unlike the acetone process. And finally, Erase is much quicker than soaking off with acetone.

Anyway, these are my experiences. Hope this is helpful to someone.

on 6/9/2014 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm sooo disappointed with the yellowing that occurs with the lighter colors, and my attempts to get answers go unrecognized. I'll be looking for a new brand.

on 5/28/2014 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love Gelish in Desert Sands, a neutral with shimmer. I've tried Shellac, OPI gel, Japanese brands, Essie gel, etc. The only one that stays for any amount of time (10-14 days) is Gelish. Price point is in line with the other brands. For someone whose nails chip in 2-3 days using regular polish, this stuff is a lifesaver! Not to mention that it's dry once color is applied and dried under the UV light, so no mess while waiting for it to dry.

on 5/8/2014 10:12:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I love Gelish! I've been doing my own at home gel manis for years now. I've always been obsessed with doing my own nails, but got super tired of putting a bunch of work into them and then *gasp* chipping the very next day! I found Gelish at Sally's Beauty Supply several years back when of couple girls at work started getting their nails shallaced and I was interested in the lasting power they claimed it had. I bought the entire kit, which is pricey, but totally worth it, and I've never looked back. It's totally worth the investment considering how much they charge to do it in a salon, and from my experience, Gelish lasts much longer than anything comparable on the market. Here are my tips and advice for the Gelish system.

1. Do NOT buy all that crap to remove and set the gel! What a waste of money! Get some 100% pure acetone to remove and get some 70% alcohol from the drug store to set your mani. NO NEED to waste money on the fancy stuff, it's WAY overpriced. The acetone and alcohol in large size bottles will cost less than 10 bucks and last for months upon months. The Ph Bond is also useless. You need to "rough" up your nail bed and clean it with alcohol, that's all. All the Ph Bond does is dehydrate the nail bed, you can do this for pennies versus 14 bucks for a tiny bottle of useless-ness.

2. Some of the colors aren't that great, when I'm looking for a new color I steer clear of the ultra creamy pastels, for some reason they do not layer onto the nail well and are just, in general, super hard to work with. Also, some of the colors change after several days, so be aware of that. Most aren't that noticeable or that big of a deal, but I've noticed that the lighter pinks are really bad for turning yellowish after a week or so.

3. If you are doing them yourself, be patient! It takes FOREVER! But hey! It lasts for 3 weeks! and if you do a simple color without any frills, you can totally get away with doing just a fill once or *maybe* twice...it depends, all you gotta do though is take a buffing block and buff the natural nail and smooth down the re-growth line and then apply the whole process as usual, base-color-top.~~ It may take you once or twice to get it down also, it is slightly different than slapping on some polish. I like to do one entire hand from start to finish before I do the other, it makes you less accident prone, and believe me, you don't wanna screw up this stuff after you set it with the light and before you set it with the top coat, you will have to soak it off and start over.

4. I highly recommend the LED light, the UV lights are obviously unhealthy. The LED also dries your nails WAY faster. The actual at home Gelish LED lamp cost somewhere around 50 bucks, but I've have mine for going on 3 years and it still works like a champ, it has most def paid for itself since I don't over pay some person to do something I can do better at home.

5. Bottom line- If you love to do your own nails, and spend a lot of time on them, Gelish is your new bestest-best-ever-friend. Invest and you won't regret, I promise!

on 4/29/2014 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely love this stuff. Got a gel manicure with this....and the color last and lasts. I got the "holiday party blues" color and it's amazing. The gel manicures I got with Shellac and Opi chipped much faster than with Gelish. I will only use the Gelish from now on...truly great quality. I'm very hard on my nails and type for a living, so for polish to last this long on me is nothing short of a miracle.

on 3/11/2014 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I had little patience for manicured nails, and I am super hard on my hands. My husband loves colored nails so I searched for the strongest, longest-lasting polishes I could find. I use Gelish colors with the LED lamp, and they last up to 3 weeks on my hands, and at least a month on my toes! Gelish has a beautiful range of fun colors, so I don't get bored with the same old look. I can't imagine why I'd ever use anything else on my nails.

on 2/10/2014 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This little star can be used for many things .. Base coat, top coat, add a gloss to natural nails .. Or as an alternative to shellac .. 1st apply base coat then alternate with polish colour, gelish & repeat & finally apply a top coat & hey presto hard wearing .. Lasting polished perfection!

on 12/16/2013 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My salon using Gellish top and base coats with Dare to Wear Perfect match (colors) gel. They wear for 2 - 3 weeks with no edge wear and minimal ridge chipping. I may even buy some when I (finally) invest in my own LED lamp and system. Very good!

on 11/2/2013 10:11:00 PM

I love this product. The base coat and the top coat are wonderful. I have used this for a few months. Long enough to use the Gelish colors I have, from Sally's and to do the Gelly Sandwich technique. Since I have oily nail beds, I can get about 10 days of wear from Gelish colors and the regular nail polish I "sandwich" in between the base and top coats. The key to this technique is to allow the regular nail polish to fully dry before you place the top coat on the nail. I have used fast dry and regular dry nail polish, and had the same wonderful results. The foil technique is the best to take this off. Once my normal stash of nail polish is exhausted, I will probably buy exclusively gel nail polish just for the wonderful wear, unless there is another technological miracle the cosmetic gods and goddesses create.

Popular Polishes