November 28, 2014 | 1445 users online

Treatments (Face) - L'Oreal - Youth Code Regenerating Skincare Serum Intense Daily Treatment

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2014 7:04:00 PM More reviews by CrochetDiva23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, this product hasn't improved my complexion at all other than make my skin softer which is great. I haven't had to use a facial scrub since I started using it about a month ago. My blemishes and Sun damage are still apparent though, which is bad, because the reason I bought this product was to fade them. Not a miracle serum by any stretch.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by templesgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am on my 4th bottle and I actually love it . I have acne prone skin so a serium is perfect . Not to heavy . It has actually cleared all my black heads on my nose . I use it after washing my face morning and night . Rub it in and apply makeup . I can't say any wrinkles moved ( iam 31 I don't have any yet ) but my skin looks smooth and plump ! I will keep buying it for sure . I have been using it for over 3 months now and it is a great product .

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by rukpong

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I keep repurchasing this because it contains Bifida Ferment Lysate, the key ingredient in Estee Laude Advanced Night Repair and Lancome Genefique.

I save a lot of money buying this instead of Estee/ Lancome. The price is 1/4 of Genefique/Estee ANR. The results are about the same.

I put more money on correcting serum instead like Visionaire, EL Perfectionist, Laneige Time Freeze, SKII Repair C.

Edit: I am switching to Sulwhasoo now. I just found people saying that it is better than Youth Code. I replace the Salicyloy Phytophingosine in it by using Naruko Toning Bottle instead.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by hebrides

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this as a cheaper substitute for Advanced Genifique which I liked when I had samples a few months ago. The ingredients are almost the same. But this smells like Finesse shampoo. I don't know why they put that scent in it, but I don't like it. It's too soon to tell if I get any skin improvement but if I do, I'll update this. For now, I am not impressed and only got it in desperation as my skin is aging fast. The good thing is there is no allergic reaction.

Edit May 5, 2014: I am downgrading this to one star because I despise the smell and it has done nothing at all for my skin. It may have almost the same ingredients as the Advanced Genifique, but it seems to be missing some crucial ingredient because it does not work at all.

Edit May 15, 2014: I must apologize for my harsh criticism of this product. I think it is doing something after all. My whiteheads are going away. One of them is completely gone. And I've had them for several years. It has to be this. I've tried tiny samples of other serums - not long enough to make any change. I still use the anti aging creams every night and there is certainly nothing in them to dry up whiteheads. But I put this on several times a day as an experiment. I liked the glow it gave my skin and I wondered if all the nutrients in it would actually improve my skin. I think I may try the rest of the Youth Code line. I cannot shell out over $100 for a bottle of Genifique and this one is about $24 for the same size. There is something good in this. Maybe good enough. I have upgraded my rating and will continue to post any progress or changes. PS I love the pump bottle. It dispenses just the right amount to smooth on the face and it is just so much better than a dropper. I am used to the weird smell and it doesn't bother me anymore.

Update Oct. 1, 2014: This never did shrink my second whitehead, and I can't say it has done anything for me. I've got the same wrinkle patterns. Sure it has similar ingredients to Genifique but that is nothing to write home about either. I am through looking for a magical improvement. I literally get better skin from Vaseline than from these serums. So I am giving up on them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Victoria84

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I find this to be a more than adequate substitute for Skin Genesis..only qualm I have is that it dries too quickly for me because I like to massage products into the skin not just throw them on..not necessarily cheap either.

All-in-all, nice!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by m3ndokusei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this on a whim, to try and deal with the dry flakes I was getting from extreme winter weather. My skin is usually oily and sensitive, but at times I can get combination skin with dry patches on my cheeks from weather and my prescription acne gel. It happened to be on sale at the time, and I was curious to try another serum since I had used dermologica's skin hydrating booster in the past with great results.

This serum was extremely-overly fragrant, but the consistency was quite good and absorbed easily into my skin. When my skin is sensitive, fragrance makes it more itchy.

I will not be buying this again, however, as there is way too much packaging for such a small amount of product (comes in a relatively large plastic pump, but the amount is so little that it feels like it's empty).

This might be a good product for those who don't mind fragrance.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by kaylaj05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i've been using this religiously for months along with the texture perfector night cream (i usually alternate which one i use because they make a weird film when used together, even if i wait awhile), and i haven't noticed smaller pores or a reduction in my fine forehead lines.

it keeps my skin hydrated, goes on smooth, makes my face soft, doesn't create a gross film on my face, and has a good consistency and a nice smell. it's not a bad product, but i bought it for pores and lines, which have remained unchanged since using this.

i'll probably continue to use the cream as a moisturizer, but i'll try a different serum once this one is all gone since it wasn't that cheap even for drugstore brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Jaytexas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Well after using the day/night moisturizer I couldn't wait to get my hands on this serum. A bit on the pricey side for an drugstore product, but I luckily snagged this for more than half price! (Got for 9$ & originally 20$ @ target) I thought my skin looked great with just the day/night cream alone, (gave me that pregnancy glow :P) but the serum definitely has it's own kick. The skin on my cheekbones/around eyes look amazingly rejuvenated! My skin looks like the youthful 18 year old, minus 3 kids, I used to stare at in the mirror. ::happy dance:: That being said, the youth Code line definitely has my approval.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Kimmiebat

From my review of Loreal Texture Perfecter. I am discussing both products here: The super ingredient is LR2412 (or something like that) and this contains 2%. LancĂ´me Visionaire has 4% but is also quadruple the price. This is available at Walmart (cheapest I've seen so far), or Ulta (on sale) plus you can get a $10 mail in rebate on $30 of Youth Code Products from the Loreal website. The grey bottle serum is Loreals version of Lancomes Genefique. Hope this helps someone. I'm using both-one am, one pm. Very satisfied. Been using product for two months. Definitely noticing a difference on my face and in my pocket book!!!!Yes, Lancome contains a higher percentage, but not enough to justify the price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm actually really surprised that I like this. After reading reviews beforehand, I saw how mixed they were and was ambivalent about buying this. But I looked at the ages and skin types of people that actually liked this serum and they fell inline with my Combo (But on the drier side), somewhat dehydrated aging skin. I do get hormonal cystic outbreaks but my derm told me that products don't typically lad to hormonal cysts, that's an internal thing. Acne from products tend to be white bumps, papules, not cysts. So I took the plunge. Armed with a $10 Extra Bucks from CVS, plus $3 off coupon. I ended up paying like $3 for this. So it was a bargain for me.

This has dimethicone in it which is more suit to drier skin and dehydrated skin. If you are very oily and have acne breakouts easily then I would suggest that you stay away. I think the targeted consumer for this product is 30-55, which is the age range I fall in. I have a few fine lines and in the last year have developed two lines on my forehead which really makes me unhappy (Bangs hid wrinkles..lol). So I was really looking for something to help with the texture and softness of my skin and help keep moisture in my dehydrated skin. I'm chronically dehydrated due to medication I take, diet can only do so much so I need products that hold moisture in my skin. This one fit the bill.

It's has a nice slip die the silicones, it did not break me out, it has made the texture of my skin smoother and my fine lines pretty much gone. My forehead, not so much but I think I just need extra help in that area. I do look more youthful when I regularly use this. I've gotten compliments from my BF and he never ever says anything about my skin. So I will take it that it actually works like it advertises. It doies need daily consistent use. Once you stop using products with actives in them, your skin will revert back to the way it was beforehand.

There are no miracles in skincare except maybe Retin-A and Vitamin C which still take consistent use. Keeping your skin moisturized, getting good sleep (On your back), eating right and protecting your skin from environmental damage is all you can do. I think for a drugstore product with a fairly inexpensive price tag, this is a bargain serum that does work for some people. Not all products are going to work for everyone. But this works very well for my somewhat sensitive, dehydrated/Combo Hormonal skin. I really love this product and I even went and purchased the moisturizer because of how much I like this.

PROS-
Skin smoother due to silicone content
Fresher more awake looking face
Helps with minor hyper pigmentation, acne red marks are soothed.
Helped heal a small zit I had overnight
Looks good under makeup and replaced my primer
Overall softer look to the face within a week and even more noticeable as time goes by with consistent use.

Cons-
A little pricey for a drugstore but coupons can be found online
Might break out those that are truly acne prone from products
Sensitive to silicones will want to stay away
Targeted toward drier skins, may make oily skin more oily.

Update: I had to stop using this due to Perioral Dermatitis outbreak. I don't hink it caused it but it did not help. I am no chucking all my Unnatural and chemical laden face products so this is going in the trash now.