L'Oreal Youth Code Regenerating Skincare Serum Intense Daily Treatment

3.2

AQUA / WATER *BIFIDA FERMENT LYSATE *GLYCERIN *ALCOHOL DENAT *DIMETHICONE *HYDROXYETHYLPIPERAZINE ETHANE SULFONIC ACID *PEG-20 METHYL GLUCOSE SESQUISTEARATE *SODIUM HYALURONATE *SALICYLOYL PHYTOSPHINGOSINE *PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE *PALMITOYL TETRAPEPTIDE-7 *ADENOSINE *AMMONIUM POLYACRYLDIMETHYLTAURAMIDE / AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE *DISODIUM EDTA *CAPRYLYL GLYCOL *CITRIC ACID *XANTHAN GUM *N-HYDROXYSUCCINIMIDE *CHRYSIN *OCTYLDODECANOL *SODIUM BENZOATE *PHENOXYETHANOL *LIMONENE *PARFUM / FRAGRANCE

I've been using this serum on and off since it came out. I use this serum together with the Youth Code cream and Youth Code BB cream. It's affordable and easy to find in store.

It kept my skin from growing old. It worked. Once I stopped, I noticed the difference. Then I switched back to Youth Code. but it did not reverse the damage. (So if you still look young, just keep using it and don't ever stop.)

Once in a while, I would do additional exfoliation and Asian facial masks. It's not a good idea to mix Youth Code with other brands (not even with other L'oreal products). I do them at different times of the day.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have had to amend my review on this product. Previously, I wasn't impressed. I'm now in love with it!

I stopped using it because I wasn't impressed with it. But I began using it again about two weeks ago, steadily, and my skin has become smoother and hydrated.

I love it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am on my 4th bottle and I actually love it . I have acne prone skin so a serium is perfect . Not to heavy . It has actually cleared all my black heads on my nose . I use it after washing my face morning and night . Rub it in and apply makeup . I can't say any wrinkles moved ( iam 31 I don't have any yet ) but my skin looks smooth and plump ! I will keep buying it for sure . I have been using it for over 3 months now and it is a great product .

I keep repurchasing this because it contains Bifida Ferment Lysate, the key ingredient in Estee Laude Advanced Night Repair and Lancome Genefique.

I save a lot of money buying this instead of Estee/ Lancome. The price is 1/4 of Genefique/Estee ANR. The results are about the same.

I put more money on correcting serum instead like Visionaire, EL Perfectionist, Laneige Time Freeze, SKII Repair C.

Edit: I am switching to Sulwhasoo now. I just found people saying that it is better than Youth Code. I replace the Salicyloy Phytophingosine in it by using Naruko Toning Bottle instead.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this as a cheaper substitute for Advanced Genefique which I liked when I had samples a few months ago. The ingredients are almost the same. But this smells like Finesse shampoo. I don't know why they put that scent in it, but I don't like it. It's too soon to tell if I get any skin improvement but if I do, I'll update this. For now, I am not impressed and only got it in desperation as my skin is aging fast. The good thing is there is no allergic reaction.

Edit May 5, 2014: I am downgrading this to one star because I despise the smell and it has done nothing at all for my skin. It may have almost the same ingredients as the Advanced Genefique, but it seems to be missing some crucial ingredient because it does not work at all.

Edit May 15, 2014: I must apologize for my harsh criticism of this product. I think it is doing something after all. My whiteheads are going away. One of them is completely gone. And I've had them for several years. It has to be this. I've tried tiny samples of other serums - not long enough to make any change. I still use the anti aging creams every night and there is certainly nothing in them to dry up whiteheads. But I put this on several times a day as an experiment. I liked the glow it gave my skin and I wondered if all the nutrients in it would actually improve my skin. I think I may try the rest of the Youth Code line. I cannot shell out over $100 for a bottle of Genefique and this one is about $24 for the same size. There is something good in this. Maybe good enough. I have upgraded my rating and will continue to post any progress or changes. PS I love the pump bottle. It dispenses just the right amount to smooth on the face and it is just so much better than a dropper. I am used to the weird smell and it doesn't bother me anymore.

Update Oct. 1, 2014: This never did shrink my second whitehead, and I can't say it has done anything for me. I've got the same wrinkle patterns. Sure it has similar ingredients to Genifique but that is nothing to write home about either. I am through looking for a magical improvement. I literally get better skin from Vaseline than from these serums. So I am giving up on them.

Update July 19, 2015: The last whitehead did go away just suddenly after shrinking for several months. I didn't give up on this after all and I'm using the Youth Code Texture Perfector now too. I do use other creams to moisturize but I use these serums to treat my skin and I think they are worth it. I know now that nothing can take away wrinkles now that I am 66, but I think the serums do improve the quality of the skin. I have again upgraded my rating.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I find this to be a more than adequate substitute for Skin Genesis..only qualm I have is that it dries too quickly for me because I like to massage products into the skin not just throw them on..not necessarily cheap either.

All-in-all, nice!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I bought this on a whim, to try and deal with the dry flakes I was getting from extreme winter weather. My skin is usually oily and sensitive, but at times I can get combination skin with dry patches on my cheeks from weather and my prescription acne gel. It happened to be on sale at the time, and I was curious to try another serum since I had used dermologica's skin hydrating booster in the past with great results.

This serum was extremely-overly fragrant, but the consistency was quite good and absorbed easily into my skin. When my skin is sensitive, fragrance makes it more itchy.

I will not be buying this again, however, as there is way too much packaging for such a small amount of product (comes in a relatively large plastic pump, but the amount is so little that it feels like it's empty).

This might be a good product for those who don't mind fragrance.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

i've been using this religiously for months along with the texture perfector night cream (i usually alternate which one i use because they make a weird film when used together, even if i wait awhile), and i haven't noticed smaller pores or a reduction in my fine forehead lines.

it keeps my skin hydrated, goes on smooth, makes my face soft, doesn't create a gross film on my face, and has a good consistency and a nice smell. it's not a bad product, but i bought it for pores and lines, which have remained unchanged since using this.

i'll probably continue to use the cream as a moisturizer, but i'll try a different serum once this one is all gone since it wasn't that cheap even for drugstore brand.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Well after using the day/night moisturizer I couldn't wait to get my hands on this serum. A bit on the pricey side for an drugstore product, but I luckily snagged this for more than half price! (Got for 9$ & originally 20$ @ target) I thought my skin looked great with just the day/night cream alone, (gave me that pregnancy glow :P) but the serum definitely has it's own kick. The skin on my cheekbones/around eyes look amazingly rejuvenated! My skin looks like the youthful 18 year old, minus 3 kids, I used to stare at in the mirror. ::happy dance:: That being said, the youth Code line definitely has my approval.

From my review of Loreal Texture Perfecter. I am discussing both products here: The super ingredient is LR2412 (or something like that) and this contains 2%. LancĂ´me Visionaire has 4% but is also quadruple the price. This is available at Walmart (cheapest I've seen so far), or Ulta (on sale) plus you can get a $10 mail in rebate on $30 of Youth Code Products from the Loreal website. The grey bottle serum is Loreals version of Lancomes Genefique. Hope this helps someone. I'm using both-one am, one pm. Very satisfied. Been using product for two months. Definitely noticing a difference on my face and in my pocket book!!!!Yes, Lancome contains a higher percentage, but not enough to justify the price.