April 19, 2014 | 1195 users online

Treatments - L'Oreal - Youth Code Regenerating Skincare Serum Intense Daily Treatment

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by kaylaj05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i've been using this religiously for months along with the texture perfector night cream (i usually alternate which one i use because they make a weird film when used together, even if i wait awhile), and i haven't noticed smaller pores or a reduction in my fine forehead lines.

it keeps my skin hydrated, goes on smooth, makes my face soft, doesn't create a gross film on my face, and has a good consistency and a nice smell. it's not a bad product, but i bought it for pores and lines, which have remained unchanged since using this.

i'll probably continue to use the cream as a moisturizer, but i'll try a different serum once this one is all gone since it wasn't that cheap even for drugstore brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Jaytexas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Well after using the day/night moisturizer I couldn't wait to get my hands on this serum. A bit on the pricey side for an drugstore product, but I luckily snagged this for more than half price! (Got for 9$ & originally 20$ @ target) I thought my skin looked great with just the day/night cream alone, (gave me that pregnancy glow :P) but the serum definitely has it's own kick. The skin on my cheekbones/around eyes look amazingly rejuvenated! My skin looks like the youthful 18 year old, minus 3 kids, I used to stare at in the mirror. ::happy dance:: That being said, the youth Code line definitely has my approval.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Kimmiebat

From my review of Loreal Texture Perfecter. I am discussing both products here: The super ingredient is LR2412 (or something like that) and this contains 2%. LancĂ´me Visionaire has 4% but is also quadruple the price. This is available at Walmart (cheapest I've seen so far), or Ulta (on sale) plus you can get a $10 mail in rebate on $30 of Youth Code Products from the Loreal website. The grey bottle serum is Loreals version of Lancomes Genefique. Hope this helps someone. I'm using both-one am, one pm. Very satisfied. Been using product for two months. Definitely noticing a difference on my face and in my pocket book!!!!Yes, Lancome contains a higher percentage, but not enough to justify the price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm actually really surprised that I like this. After reading reviews beforehand, I saw how mixed they were and was ambivalent about buying this. But I looked at the ages and skin types of people that actually liked this serum and they fell inline with my Combo (But on the drier side), somewhat dehydrated aging skin. I do get hormonal cystic outbreaks but my derm told me that products don't typically lad to hormonal cysts, that's an internal thing. Acne from products tend to be white bumps, papules, not cysts. So I took the plunge. Armed with a $10 Extra Bucks from CVS, plus $3 off coupon. I ended up paying like $3 for this. So it was a bargain for me.

This has dimethicone in it which is more suit to drier skin and dehydrated skin. If you are very oily and have acne breakouts easily then I would suggest that you stay away. I think the targeted consumer for this product is 30-55, which is the age range I fall in. I have a few fine lines and in the last year have developed two lines on my forehead which really makes me unhappy (Bangs hid wrinkles..lol). So I was really looking for something to help with the texture and softness of my skin and help keep moisture in my dehydrated skin. I'm chronically dehydrated due to medication I take, diet can only do so much so I need products that hold moisture in my skin. This one fit the bill.

It's has a nice slip die the silicones, it did not break me out, it has made the texture of my skin smoother and my fine lines pretty much gone. My forehead, not so much but I think I just need extra help in that area. I do look more youthful when I regularly use this. I've gotten compliments from my BF and he never ever says anything about my skin. So I will take it that it actually works like it advertises. It doies need daily consistent use. Once you stop using products with actives in them, your skin will revert back to the way it was beforehand.

There are no miracles in skincare except maybe Retin-A and Vitamin C which still take consistent use. Keeping your skin moisturized, getting good sleep (On your back), eating right and protecting your skin from environmental damage is all you can do. I think for a drugstore product with a fairly inexpensive price tag, this is a bargain serum that does work for some people. Not all products are going to work for everyone. But this works very well for my somewhat sensitive, dehydrated/Combo Hormonal skin. I really love this product and I even went and purchased the moisturizer because of how much I like this.

PROS-
Skin smoother due to silicone content
Fresher more awake looking face
Helps with minor hyper pigmentation, acne red marks are soothed.
Helped heal a small zit I had overnight
Looks good under makeup and replaced my primer
Overall softer look to the face within a week and even more noticeable as time goes by with consistent use.

Cons-
A little pricey for a drugstore but coupons can be found online
Might break out those that are truly acne prone from products
Sensitive to silicones will want to stay away
Targeted toward drier skins, may make oily skin more oily.

Update: I had to stop using this due to Perioral Dermatitis outbreak. I don't hink it caused it but it did not help. I am no chucking all my Unnatural and chemical laden face products so this is going in the trash now.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by karenvira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me just state my skin type, because maybe it didnt work well for me because of this, but i have very oily acne prone skin. Because of my acne, i was left with several clusters of dark post inflamatory hyperpigmentation (PIH) which was why i bought this product. I'm also waiting for my prescription of Retin-a cream, which is very drying, so i thought this product will be a great moisturizer to use with this. Well, after using it twice a day for about a week i noticed alot of clogged pores and blackheads, which i usually only get on my nose, not all over my face. I assumed it was from this so i stopped, and when they cleared away i started back up, every time i used this product more than once or twice, i ended up with at least 15 blackheads, and i could see more comming.
Because of this i had to stop using the product, i even tried just spot treating my PIH but it still ended up triggering these blackheads. That being said it did lighten my PIH (slightly, not much) however the very slight effects of this were not worth the side effects of a new breakout to cause more spots.
Like i said it may have been my skin type, however while i do get acne, i rarely get blackheads, just 2-3 pimples that turn into whiteheads at a time, and i didnt like that this product gave me both black and whiteheads.
The product was moisturizing enough for me, and came out a nice pearly white. Also one pump was enough to cover my entire face, those would be the positives. I dont know about the effects it has on wrinks as I'm in my early 20's. I will not purchase product again. Costs too much to have such a small benefit and more negatives

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by radiofox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

So I've come to discover in the winter I NEED a moisturizing serum. I've used 2 or 3 different kinds, but this always seems to be the one I go back to. I buy this for the moisturizing aspect, and it does exactly what I need it to, gives me the moisture I need. It's kind of cool that to begin with it's not an overly expensive product, but I ALWAYS find it on sale. I usually have the next bottle set to go. The packaging it a little gimmicky, looks like a test tube or something, BUT it has one of those twist lids to keep it closed and not leaking. It's great if I throw in my makeup bag when traveling or feeling exceptionally lazy. If you're after a serum that is to just give you that boost of moisture you need...I recommend this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by BDfangirl

I used to use the Olay Regenerist line on my face, but I had to stop because it caused large cysts and I found the smell overpowering (even in the unscented version). So when I purchased this, I was not expecting it to work very well on my sensitive, acne-and-rosacea-prone skin. To my surprise, this is actually a very good product. I don't think it will do anything for aging or dark spots, but it does diminish the appearance of wrinkles and helps to clear up and/or minimize breakouts. I only use it at night, before bed, with no moisturizer on top -- my oily skin doesn't need any more moisture. You have to be careful not to get it too close to the eyes because it will sting. I also find that I like to take a break every few days because otherwise I get a little too oily during the day. But these are issues I would have with any skin cream so I'm willing to deal with them. For the price, I think this is a reasonable serum and it does make my skin seem brighter, tighter and less zit-prone.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2012 10:03:00 AM More reviews by amoenaonline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got the version that comes in a black bottle with a dropper. The bottle is really pretty when you peel off the label and the dropper works really nicely too. No complaints about that. I wish all skin care products were as nicely packed!

The serum, however, did absolutely nothing to my skin. It didn't do any harm either so I used the whole bottle. I liked the formula, it was nice to apply, and I liked how my skin looked right after I applied it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by earlyonemorning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm only 22 so I wasn't really watching for wrinkle repair or anything, but I got this in a 'best of....' box and decided to try it. This has repaired dry and tired skin, and helped calm my acne. My hormonal acne barely made a blip on the radar this month too! I don't need moisturizer after using this and the only thing it lacks is spf for daytime use, or I would use it all the time. I have some acne scarring that has lightened, but I can't say for sure that this was because of this product, but either way this is well on the way to HG status!~

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by magshipmom

I really wanted this to work, as I heard it was a good dupe for Lancome's Genefique. I have used almost the entire bottle, with NO change in my skin whatsoever. Disappointed;(