April 23, 2014 | 1905 users online

Treatments - Nexxus - Pro Mend Split End Binding Overnight Treatment Creme

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like it. The scent is nice, it is lightweight and it does what it says. It is not a very expensive product (I think I paid 10 Canadian for the bottle), and it is worth it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

I was desperate so I tried this. At first I really loved it, but I'm not a daily hair washer, and after a day or so it started to make my hair feel kind of dry. :( It wasn't horrible but it just sits on a shelf. Disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 5:55:00 AM More reviews by chimama

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't remember the last time I bought a hair product of any kind, high end or drugstore that actually did what the bottle said it could do. My hair is very fragile and fine from medication and illness. Although it gets oily at the roots, the last four or five inches in back are dry and a bit fuzzy. I do use a semi permanent color to give some body which probably contributes to the problem. Less is more with this product if you have hair like mine. I apply a very small amount on the damaged areas after towel drying. The back of my hair is smooth now. I can't begin to even name the number of products I tried to tame the dry fuzzies with no real success. This product delivers for me and is my HG for a leave in treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by jenwa01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Love this stuff! I loved it so much I bought the Pro Mend Shampoo, Conditioner and daytime treatment as well. I actually think the magic in this little bottle applied three times a week is all you'll ever need.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by bnanaphone246

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I super duper love this stuff! I can full on see my split ends disappear every time I use it! It does tend to leave some kind of residue, so I just put my hair in a braid after I apply it and my hair looks like I scrunched it the next morning! I'm not a huge fan of the smell, it almost smells faintly like cod liver oil, but once it dries it smells much nicer. Despite that it's an excellent product that helped me avoid having to choose either my long hair or my sanity. So glad I bought it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Hyperduckz3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the first split end product that has actually worked for me. I have long, damaged hair & this repaired my split ends by about 80%. That's pretty good IMO. It's really easy to use & you only need to use a quarter size amount at a time, so the bottle lasts a long time. It does leave a little bit of residue on the hair, so be sure to shampoo out well. Definitely recommend to anyone with split ends.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

So, I bought this treatment on a whim...with out checking the reviews on Make-up Alley first like I usually do. This stuff works! AMAZING results! I literally have no split ends! My hair has been through hell and back between flat-ironing, coloring and bleaching. This product makes my hair look very healthy

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Sonjacanida

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing...it really works. I have tried entire line and love it. Highly recommend this...its the only thing I will use now.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Stasea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great treatment that actually does what it says. My split ends are 'mending' and even though it's not a 'cure' per se, I feel this product will help me combat dryness and breakage and retain length. I have natural 4 type coils and I saw a difference in my very dry hair after one use. I did use it in conjunction with the Daily Conditioner, and my own natural sulfate free shampoo. Even though my hair is very very very fine, its soaks up moisture like a sponge, and so the thickness and richness of this treatment and the Daily Conditioner gave me wonderful results. My hair feels stronger, breakage has significantly decreased, and its easier to detangle. It works great on wet or dry hair, but I especially love it as a leave in on my damp hair after washing. I am so glad I decided to try it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 4:10:00 AM More reviews by hakkaness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for 2 nights in a row so far (even though it suggests once a week) and I'm pleased with the results so far! I have long hair that's been dyed/bleached/stripped several times a year AND I rarely get it cut due to my irrational fear of bad haircuts, so needless to say, pretty much every strand is split...in some areas, well into the shafts of my hair. I've seen improvement already, so hopefully it'll just get better from here.

There are some cons though: it is kinda heavy and feels waxy/stiff after it dries. It's also hard to comb my hair after applying the product, even the morning after. These are compromises I'm willing to make if the product works, which it seems to be so far. If your hair is as damaged and abused as mine and you want to avoid washing your hair the next day, I suggest just rinsing your hair without shampoo. My hair dries nicely and it easy to comb through afterward.