NYX Studio Liquid Liner Extreme Black

2.6

on 8/28/2015 5:33:00 PM

This stuff actually works for me, perhaps because my eyes have a tendency to get oily. Everything else smudges on me, except for this. I put this on at 6am, and by midnight, it's still not moving for anything. It doesn't flake on me at all, again, probably because my lids can be oily, especially when it's hot outside.

I'm taking one off because it's greatest strength is also what makes it mildly annoying to try to remove at the end of the day. I have to use an eye makeup remover made for waterproof makeup, but I still have to rub at it a bit to get all of it off. That kind of sucks.

But I'd buy it again when I run out, because sometimes I need something that guaranteed won't run or smudge or fade, and I use this one more than any other eyeliner I have.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I cannot get this back to the store fast enough. Odd, shiny finish, sticky, almost waxy consistency (why?!), ridiculously long wand, and it burns when you apply it. Absolutely would not recommend to anyone, ever.

on 3/2/2015 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The only good thing about this product is the wand. It's the perfect size and flexibility but the product itself is just awful. Once applied, it dries toooo much and flakes all over. Throughout the day it just dries out and breaks up on your eye. It's a very black product which is great but it doesn't stay that way. The color also breaks up a little, looking like a charcoal grey rather than BLACK. I'm so sad since I really wanted to love this product.

on 12/25/2014 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

The bad reviews are true.

This product is very missable

- very liquidy on application so somewhat hard to control
-clumps up on any skin creases and looks like plastic
-flakes off on chunks
-dislike the glossy finish

one thing I will say is it is very black and doesn't dry out easily.

but I would never repurchase, there are far better liners out there in the drugstore

on 11/19/2014 12:37:00 PM

By far the worst liquid eyeliner I have ever wasted my money on an I am a sucker for liquid liners so trust me I have tried them all. Don't waste ur time. It's tacky, dries with a gloss an peels off. Hate it!

on 7/31/2014 3:54:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This eyeliner doesn't really work alone, its more of a topper to add some glitter. It works amazing as that, but it falls short with a lack of pigmentation as a normal eyeliner. The applicator is amazing, it allows for precision application.

The product feels uncomfortable on my lid for a minute, but doesn't really last as it dries down. I don't have an issue with the lasting power.

Overall, great as a topper for the price but really lacks in pigmentation.

on 7/30/2014 5:29:00 PM

I really loathe this eyeliner, & consider it to be probably the worst I've ever tried. It seems to dry into like a weird, shiny, peely consistency. And it doesn't seem to go on right. When I apply liquid liner, I do many small strokes & build up the line, as I'd imagine many others do as well. This liner seems to almost pull at my skin when I go over any areas I've previously put any, & will sometimes even remove some of the previous layer. It's streaky & doesn't seem opaque. I have had times where I've had other brands do that & the problem was I was putting it on bare skin, but I've tried this over bare skin, over eyeshadow & primer, & either way it just doesn't give me a nice smooth line. Also it globs up very quickly, not just around the neck of the tube, but throughout the bottle-like I'll pull out the brush & there will be these weird, gelatinous looking globs on the wand. The only thing I like about it is the brush-it's an actual brush rather than the felt tip, & it's very, very thin & tiny which I like because it's easier to apply & more precise. What I'll probably do is save the brush when I throw it away, wash it off, & use it for applying gel liners.

on 7/17/2014 11:43:00 PM

I had given up on liquid eyeliner for years as countless futile attempts to master it left me raccoon eyed and in pain. That changed with this eyeliner. The formula is amazing, the black is sharp and doesn't smudge. The brush is a bit long but actually makes it easier for me to do a thin line right at the lash line with a slight cat eye (my go to look at the moment). It faded a little bit without a primer but with a primer it stays sharp the whole day.

god, i haven't used many liquid liners because i'm a gel liner girl all the way, but this liner is by far, the absolute worst liquid liner i have ever tried.

i usually like nyx products because their lipsticks, eyeshadows, and blushes are great quality for drugstore products. i assumed their eyeliner would be no different but i was proved completely wrong! not only does this take forever to dry, it's greasy, flaky, extremely difficult to use, and a complete waste of ten bucks. this stuff is horrible; it irritated my eyes and made them red and itchy, and took forever to take this crap off!

the only good thing about this liner is that the color is opaque, and completely black. i didn't have to go over the liner twice, but after seeing how terrible it looked on and felt on my eyelids, i would rather never having put this on ever! i was debating bringing this back to the drugstore for a refund, which is something i never do (yeah, it was THAT bad), but i decided to throw it out instead and save the cosmetic lady the wrath of my bitchiness. will not repurchase, and this has, honestly, steered me away from any of NYX's eyeliners.

on 6/24/2014 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I absolutely love how dark this is but the applicator is horrible. Very thin and flimsy and the bristles sometimes split so it gets messy and it's not an even line. The formula is also very wet and takes forever to dry.

That being said, my winged eyeliner DID look great all day but application is such a hassle.