July 26, 2014 | 1754 users online

Eyeliner - NYX - Studio Liquid Liner Extreme Black

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by KrutiS

I had given up on liquid eyeliner for years as countless futile attempts to master it left me raccoon eyed and in pain. That changed with this eyeliner. The formula is amazing, the black is sharp and doesn't smudge. The brush is a bit long but actually makes it easier for me to do a thin line right at the lash line with a slight cat eye (my go to look at the moment). It faded a little bit without a primer but with a primer it stays sharp the whole day.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by breaktheattraction

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

god, i haven't used many liquid liners because i'm a gel liner girl all the way, but this liner is by far, the absolute worst liquid liner i have ever tried.

i usually like nyx products because their lipsticks, eyeshadows, and blushes are great quality for drugstore products. i assumed their eyeliner would be no different but i was proved completely wrong! not only does this take forever to dry, it's greasy, flaky, extremely difficult to use, and a complete waste of ten bucks. this stuff is horrible; it irritated my eyes and made them red and itchy, and took forever to take this crap off!

the only good thing about this liner is that the color is opaque, and completely black. i didn't have to go over the liner twice, but after seeing how terrible it looked on and felt on my eyelids, i would rather never having put this on ever! i was debating bringing this back to the drugstore for a refund, which is something i never do (yeah, it was THAT bad), but i decided to throw it out instead and save the cosmetic lady the wrath of my bitchiness. will not repurchase, and this has, honestly, steered me away from any of NYX's eyeliners.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Nitala

I absolutely love how dark this is but the applicator is horrible. Very thin and flimsy and the bristles sometimes split so it gets messy and it's not an even line. The formula is also very wet and takes forever to dry.

That being said, my winged eyeliner DID look great all day but application is such a hassle.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by MollieS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

While the color is amazing, this color doesn't dry fast and therefore smudges easily. I am also not a big fan of the brush. It was frayed out when I bought it and when I trimmed it, it was like trying to draw a line on my eye with a wet mop. I cannot recommend this liner.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Xillabub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just don't bother with this eyeliner. The brush applicator gives you zilch control and i could barely draw a straight, solid line with this. So much better eyeliners out there you can get.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2013 8:56:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this liner. I enjoy brush applicators - especially super-fine ones like this, and the pigmentation for me was fantastic.
But ladies, this is NOT a liner for those of us with sensitive eyes or skin. This stuff caused my eyes to burn like crazy - even my eyelids where it was applied! It was so uncomfortable!
The burning tapered off after it dried, and once it did dry (which takes longer than one might prefer), it set to a great, "piano black" style color with a water-resistant finish. Performance and application of this liner were terrific for me, but unfortunately, it has to be tossed because it really felt like I was applying battery acid to my freakin' eyelids. What on Earth are they putting in this stuff?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

This was one of the messiest liquid liners I have ever used. The applicator makes the product hard to apply. This is not for those who have a shaky hand with liquid liners. It is very a very pigmented black that does not flake.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by terrifictina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This liquid liner goes on very smoothly and comes with a very fine applicator, but it's comes off into messy pieces and has gooey looking and feeling ink on the applicator and when wet it easily gets on your skin. The price isn't worth it either.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by vaigai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Weird to see glowing reviews on here.. I received this product in a luxe-box and I love liquid liner so I was eager to try it out. I'm also a veteran liquid liner user and wear it almost everyday - this stuff SUCKED. The product was goopy and thick and applied well in short (<1 cm) lines on the back of your hand but when you try to apply it to your eyelid it starts drying ON THE BRUSH. It is somehow dry and dense but simultaneously offers horrible coverage with patchy spots. The brush was too pliable and while it let you make a fine enough line.. it was hard to build.

Basically, I've never really heard of NYX before but based on this product it seems like a horribly cheap and awful drugstore line...something they would sell in a dollar store. Would not buy again. Ever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by sarahhjosephinee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this liner! It makes it really easy to get a precise line and is very dark.
I am not great at eyeliner but this makes it so simple even mine turn out okay!