La Roche Posay Toleriane Ultra

4.2

AQUA / WATER, ISOCETYL STEARATE, SQUALANE, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER, DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-100 STEARATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, ACETYL DIPEPTIDE-1 CETYL ESTER, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this cream as an eye cream and it works wonders. My skin is super sensitive, thanks to a Philosophy retinol product I used over a year and a half ago. For a long time, everything I was used to using broke me out in an angry red rash and caused ugly swelling around my eyes. I had to use a prescription medication for several weeks which did help calm my skin down. But I had to change all my skin care products. Even some that were supposed to be for sensitive skin caused a reaction. I finally turned to La Roche Posay Toleraine skin fluid and that seemed to work just fine. My skin is oily so this light fluid was the perfect formula for under makeup and didn't cause any rashes or swelling. However, I also needed an eye cream so I purchased the Toleraine Ultra formula and it has worked out really well. I use about one half pump and then split this in two and apply the cream to each eyelid and underneath my eyes. It takes about 5 minutes to completely soak in. Using this cream has completely cured the dry patches on my eyelids and now they are nice and smooth with no trace of the dryness. I know that eye creams are simply richer versions of facial moisturizers so it's no surprise that this Ultra cream works well for my eyes. I have other eye creams but they all seems to cause some kind of reaction. Using Ultra under my eyes provides a perfect canvas for concealer and it never cakes or looks obvious because the area is well moisturized. I suppose this cream would work well if your face was very dry and had scaly patches. Because my skin is rather oily, it wouldn't work all over my face but using it for my eyes has done wonders. My concealer goes on very smoothly and never cakes (I do use a primer however). This cream has been a godsend for my eyes and I haven't had any recurrence of the swelling or red patches like I did in the beginning. Toleraine is the perfect cure for sensitive skin. Both the facial fluid and the Ultra cream work really well for me. I highly recommend both products if you've been having issues with other products causing a reaction. The facial fluid hydrates well and would also be suitable for normal skin. The Ultra cream is the perfect eye cream for me but would also work well for the face if your skin is dry to very dry. I'm so glad I discovered these products. I can't imagine living without them.

I had high hopes for this product but unfortunately my skin got covered in little bumps after using it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this stuff. A previous moisturiser made my skin very sensitive and irritated and so I used this to get back to normal. I even put it on eczema patches on my arms as it really calms it down! It moisturises we,l, I'm not left oily, it doesn't break me out, and it makes my skin so much more comfortable. The packaging is good but I have received one that didn't work properly, I sent it back and the others have been fine.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

What drew me towards Ultra Fluide was their pump feature, which claims that it is super sanitary and prevents any contamination to the product by making it airtight. It is also free of pretty much everything that irritates sensitive skin! Fragrance/alcohol/colorant/paraben/preservative free. I used it a few times and it definitely did not irritate me. Hydrating and skin felt smooth the next morning. The only con about this is that one pump is not enough for my whole face and 2 pumps is too much. Negligible though! Also it's about $40 a bottle, but I think it's worth it!

I have been using this moisturizer for a few months now including an interval of 2 months. I used it after exfoliation and now after the sun exposure in the summer. I had the idea that this product is for hyper sensitive skin and therefore it would suit well my skin at out of the ordinary conditions. I used and continue using it always at night because I noticed that it is too rich for my skin for day time. Is it good? I really can't make up my mind. It is ok but nothing great for sure except from the packaging which is just great. The cream lives my skin oily and I am afraid that a couple of clogged pores that have built up dead cells and I can't get rid off are due to this product ... but of course how can I be sure!? Overall, I will not be repurchasing this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

What you get: a cream that is soothing and anti-irritating. Very rich (contains the lovely Parkii/Shea Butter) but doesn't break me out. I actually remove my eye makeup using this. Non-comedogenic. Smart container that keeps bacterias at bay. Preservative-free, paraben-free, fragrance-free, alcohol-free, colourant-free, lanolin-free.

Ohh and they forgot to mention that it's filled with silicones ---> Dimethicone AND Dimethiconol. This is the part that bothers me. I see skincare brands banning mineral oils and parabens which is great. Now, why do they keep the silicones?

Is plastic the only way to get moist to stay on our skin? I read that silicones work as agents to keep the skin soft and silky. I don't care about the feeling, I care about my health!

UPDATE: This product also contains Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate (Used in face powders, lotions, deodorants and after-shave). It's suspected of causing asthma, according to the Association of Occupational and Environmental Clinics.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It's a little expensive, but if you have truly sensitive skin with a condition such as rosacea, this is very gentle and doesn't sting. It is also fragrance free and doesn't feel greasy, but moisturizes and tames flaky skin. Highly recommended if you have inflamed skin, especially if you've already tried lots of other moisturizers that tingle or burn upon application.

Also good for calming dermatitis is Kate Somerville Eczema Therapy Cream, but it is expensive, and it's thicker. Toleriane Ultra is a lotion, not as mousse-y as a cream. If you are on a tight budget and can't afford this, Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream has a thicker texture than this, but is very soothing because it contains colloidal oatmeal.

PROS:

Toleriane is moisturizing but light enough to wear under makeup

Does not feel greasy

I experienced no irritation, even on inflamed skin

1.35 fluid ounce bottle has a locking pump to prevent leaking during travel

The clear plastic allows you to tell how much product is left, in case you are running low

Safe for the delicate eye area

Fragrance-free

CONS:

Kind of expensive

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a nice light moisturizer that won't make skin greasy; I don't have sensitive skin but I do have very oily skin and this moisturizer goes on without shine; hence it's ideal for underneath makeup, even in summer. I love the pump dispenser too, which keeps the product nice and fresh. I use this on my face under Effaclar primer, then sunscreen and bronzer/blush. Keeps my skin hydrated all day - no more peeling around my nose, which is nice.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Used it last year when I decided to try a huge amount of skincare and makeup products which caused me to have super sensitive skin. I had eczema and pimples everywhere, my skin flaked cos it was so dry as well, sometimes even water can make my face stinks because it was that bad. This moisturiser was one of the few things that didn't stink or irritate my skin so it was kinda like a last defence i had during last winter. However, it doesn't moisturise that well (i guess to make it not irradiative) but at the same times quick thick, like it looks think but on my face it feels quick thick, it didn't change my skin's situation (not better nor worse) it's just kinda there…. it's also really expensive for moisturiser (well for a student) but one tube lasted me just over 7months. I love the packaging, it's like a vacuum sealed tube thing where every time you pump the product out it won't pump air back into the tube (which i find it quite clever).
In the end I won't repurchase it anymore because I've found a japanese brand Cruel where their moisturisers actually improves my skin when its irritated.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure