La Roche Posay Toleriane Ultra

4.2

AQUA / WATER, ISOCETYL STEARATE, SQUALANE, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER, DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-100 STEARATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, ACETYL DIPEPTIDE-1 CETYL ESTER, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER

on 7/10/2015 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

What you get: a cream that is soothing and anti-irritating. Very rich (contains the lovely Parkii/Shea Butter) but doesn't break me out. I actually remove my eye makeup using this. Non-comedogenic. Smart container that keeps bacterias at bay. Preservative-free, paraben-free, fragrance-free, alcohol-free, colourant-free, lanolin-free.

Ohh and they forgot to mention that it's filled with silicones ---> Dimethicone AND Dimethiconol.

This is the part that bothers me. I see skincare brands banning mineral oils and parabens which is great. Now, why do they keep the silicones??? Is plastic the only way to get moist to stay on our skin? I read that silicones work as agents to keep the skin soft and silky. I don't care about the feeling, I care about my health!

on 6/7/2015 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It's a little expensive, but if you have truly sensitive skin with a condition such as rosacea, this is very gentle and doesn't sting. It is also fragrance free and doesn't feel greasy, but moisturizes and tames flaky skin. Highly recommended if you have inflamed skin, especially if you've already tried lots of other moisturizers that tingle or burn upon application.

Even better for calming dermatitis is Kate Somerville Eczema Therapy Cream, which is cheaper, but feels more like a cream. Toleriane Ultra is a lightweight lotion.

PROS:

Toleriane is moisturizing but light enough to wear under makeup

Does not feel greasy

I experienced no irritation, even on inflamed skin

1.35 fluid ounce bottle has a locking pump to prevent leaking during travel

The clear plastic allows you to tell how much product is left, in case you are running low

Safe for the delicate eye area

Fragrance-free

CONS:

Kind of expensive

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a nice light moisturizer that won't make skin greasy; I don't have sensitive skin but I do have very oily skin and this moisturizer goes on without shine; hence it's ideal for underneath makeup, even in summer. I love the pump dispenser too, which keeps the product nice and fresh. I use this on my face under Effaclar primer, then sunscreen and bronzer/blush. Keeps my skin hydrated all day - no more peeling around my nose, which is nice.

on 5/14/2015 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Used it last year when I decided to try a huge amount of skincare and makeup products which caused me to have super sensitive skin. I had eczema and pimples everywhere, my skin flaked cos it was so dry as well, sometimes even water can make my face stinks because it was that bad. This moisturiser was one of the few things that didn't stink or irritate my skin so it was kinda like a last defence i had during last winter. However, it doesn't moisturise that well (i guess to make it not irradiative) but at the same times quick thick, like it looks think but on my face it feels quick thick, it didn't change my skin's situation (not better nor worse) it's just kinda there…. it's also really expensive for moisturiser (well for a student) but one tube lasted me just over 7months. I love the packaging, it's like a vacuum sealed tube thing where every time you pump the product out it won't pump air back into the tube (which i find it quite clever).
In the end I won't repurchase it anymore because I've found a japanese brand Cruel where their moisturisers actually improves my skin when its irritated.

on 3/23/2015 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Very nice light moisturiser

on 3/23/2015 6:37:00 PM

I really needed this to work for me! I have dehydrated, red and extremely reactive skin that has really been challenging to manage this harsh winter. After the first couple of uses I was thrilled to see my skin looking much less red, but sure enough, like so many other moisturizers I've tried in recent months, I began to break out after the 3rd or 4th day. Not large lumps but tiny, itchy clusters of pimples around my nose and on one side of my jaw another long line of pimples appeared. Especially disappointing because, even while it did not offer the amount of moisture my aging skin needs, it managed to quickly soften up a patch of rough flaking skin on my one cheek that even pouring various oils couldn't resolve. I guess I will stick to using avocado oil until I find a more effective solution.

Essential for combination skin with redness. I no longer get anymore red patches on my face!

on 2/20/2015 12:58:00 PM

My skin is very sensitive and dehydrated (I'm in Canada and it's very cold...) I'm 30 and i've been using harsh chemicals for a long time (i never paid attention to the list of ingredients since recently) the result is that my skin reacts to ANYTHING. I checked on skin deep and saw that this moisturizer has an excellent score in terms of toxicology and allergies. I believe it scores a 1 out of 10 (from 0-2 = very low risk of anything)
I bought it at my local drugstore for 35$CA which is expensive AND the bottle is very small, but it's worth it. My skin is even, the red patches and grainy texture is gone, my complexion is clear, smooth and glowy. Happy!!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the most amazing moisturizer for sensitive skin!

I discovered the Toleriane range about 5 years ago, I am currently using this together with the Dermo Cleanser, and I will never go back to using anything else.

This is the only daytime moisturizer that my skin doesn't react to, I used this from winter to summer. I do use a serum underneath this during winter, as I do need the extra moisture.

The only problem I have is with the packaging. I is very hygenic, because you don't have to stick your fingers in it, but every time I am left with a lot (enough to last me for another week) of product stuck into the tube. So everytime I have to cut through the plastic packaging to get all the product out, which is quite annoying.

But aside from that, this is my go-to moisturizer!

on 2/1/2015 8:31:00 PM

This is one of the products that my skin can tolerate after ruining skin of my face with 3 dermarolling sessions with doctor and using tretinoin (avitcid) cream for 3 months year 2011.

The product is very simple.

Popular Moisturizers