La Roche Posay Toleriane Ultra

4.2

AQUA / WATER, ISOCETYL STEARATE, SQUALANE, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER, DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-100 STEARATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, ACETYL DIPEPTIDE-1 CETYL ESTER, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER

on 8/29/2015 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely love this stuff. A previous moisturiser made my skin very sensitive and irritated and so I used this to get back to normal. I even put it on eczema patches on my arms as it really calms it down! It moisturises we,l, I'm not left oily, it doesn't break me out, and it makes my skin so much more comfortable. The packaging is good but I have received one that didn't work properly, I sent it back and the others have been fine.

on 8/24/2015 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

What drew me towards Ultra Fluide was their pump feature, which claims that it is super sanitary and prevents any contamination to the product by making it airtight. It is also free of pretty much everything that irritates sensitive skin! Fragrance/alcohol/colorant/paraben/preservative free. I used it a few times and it definitely did not irritate me. Hydrating and skin felt smooth the next morning. The only con about this is that one pump is not enough for my whole face and 2 pumps is too much. Negligible though! Also it's about $40 a bottle, but I think it's worth it!

on 8/15/2015 3:59:00 AM

I have been using this moisturizer for a few months now including an interval of 2 months. I used it after exfoliation and now after the sun exposure in the summer. I had the idea that this product is for hyper sensitive skin and therefore it would suit well my skin at out of the ordinary conditions. I used and continue using it always at night because I noticed that it is too rich for my skin for day time. Is it good? I really can't make up my mind. It is ok but nothing great for sure except from the packaging which is just great. The cream lives my skin oily and I am afraid that a couple of clogged pores that have built up dead cells and I can't get rid off are due to this product ... but of course how can I be sure!? Overall, I will not be repurchasing this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have very sensitive fair combination skin and this cream is the only one that really works. I easily get dry and flaky on my cheeks and then oily on my t-zone and on top of that also some spots and overall dullness. This cream makes my skin balanced and calm. I hope it's good enough in the winter when my skin usually tends to be horrible, i've only used in the summer so far (live in sweden), so i don't know yet. I use a oil cleanser from the body shop and a thermal water with this cream and they all work very good together! The price and size is a downside, i use about 3-4 pumps daily (morning and evening) so i don't think it will last so long, but with my sensitive skin i have no other choice unfortunately.. It also works perfect with my bb cream!!

on 7/10/2015 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

What you get: a cream that is soothing and anti-irritating. Very rich (contains the lovely Parkii/Shea Butter) but doesn't break me out. I actually remove my eye makeup using this. Non-comedogenic. Smart container that keeps bacterias at bay. Preservative-free, paraben-free, fragrance-free, alcohol-free, colourant-free, lanolin-free.

Ohh and they forgot to mention that it's filled with silicones ---> Dimethicone AND Dimethiconol.

This is the part that bothers me. I see skincare brands banning mineral oils and parabens which is great. Now, why do they keep the silicones??? Is plastic the only way to get moist to stay on our skin? I read that silicones work as agents to keep the skin soft and silky. I don't care about the feeling, I care about my health!

on 6/7/2015 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It's a little expensive, but if you have truly sensitive skin with a condition such as rosacea, this is very gentle and doesn't sting. It is also fragrance free and doesn't feel greasy, but moisturizes and tames flaky skin. Highly recommended if you have inflamed skin, especially if you've already tried lots of other moisturizers that tingle or burn upon application.

Also good for calming dermatitis is Kate Somerville Eczema Therapy Cream, but it is expensive, and it's thicker. Toleriane Ultra is a lotion, not as mousse-y as a cream.

PROS:

Toleriane is moisturizing but light enough to wear under makeup

Does not feel greasy

I experienced no irritation, even on inflamed skin

1.35 fluid ounce bottle has a locking pump to prevent leaking during travel

The clear plastic allows you to tell how much product is left, in case you are running low

Safe for the delicate eye area

Fragrance-free

CONS:

Kind of expensive

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a nice light moisturizer that won't make skin greasy; I don't have sensitive skin but I do have very oily skin and this moisturizer goes on without shine; hence it's ideal for underneath makeup, even in summer. I love the pump dispenser too, which keeps the product nice and fresh. I use this on my face under Effaclar primer, then sunscreen and bronzer/blush. Keeps my skin hydrated all day - no more peeling around my nose, which is nice.

on 5/14/2015 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Used it last year when I decided to try a huge amount of skincare and makeup products which caused me to have super sensitive skin. I had eczema and pimples everywhere, my skin flaked cos it was so dry as well, sometimes even water can make my face stinks because it was that bad. This moisturiser was one of the few things that didn't stink or irritate my skin so it was kinda like a last defence i had during last winter. However, it doesn't moisturise that well (i guess to make it not irradiative) but at the same times quick thick, like it looks think but on my face it feels quick thick, it didn't change my skin's situation (not better nor worse) it's just kinda there…. it's also really expensive for moisturiser (well for a student) but one tube lasted me just over 7months. I love the packaging, it's like a vacuum sealed tube thing where every time you pump the product out it won't pump air back into the tube (which i find it quite clever).
In the end I won't repurchase it anymore because I've found a japanese brand Cruel where their moisturisers actually improves my skin when its irritated.

on 3/23/2015 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Very nice light moisturiser

on 3/23/2015 6:37:00 PM

I really needed this to work for me! I have dehydrated, red and extremely reactive skin that has really been challenging to manage this harsh winter. After the first couple of uses I was thrilled to see my skin looking much less red, but sure enough, like so many other moisturizers I've tried in recent months, I began to break out after the 3rd or 4th day. Not large lumps but tiny, itchy clusters of pimples around my nose and on one side of my jaw another long line of pimples appeared. Especially disappointing because, even while it did not offer the amount of moisture my aging skin needs, it managed to quickly soften up a patch of rough flaking skin on my one cheek that even pouring various oils couldn't resolve. I guess I will stick to using avocado oil until I find a more effective solution.

Popular Moisturizers