August 22, 2014 | 1084 users online

Moisturizers - La Roche Posay - Toleriane Ultra

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by lichi79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Pros
-moisturizing, soothing and protective
-hygienic and lightweight package
-no problems under makeup
Cons
- no spf
My favorite 'calming' moisturizer is still Elizabeth Arden's Perpetual Moisture which name was changed to Gentle Hydrating Cream. Toleriane works better under make up.Wish it had spf.
Edit: I suspect this is breaking me out. I have gotten two cysts on each cheek, right where I rub this cream the most. I will not be buying La Roche Posay any longer, since I have not had good luck with any of their products. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by katmint

This is a great winter moisturiser (I haven't tried it in summer yet- it might be great then as well!) I get really dry, flaky skin in winter so i need something very moisturising, but I need something that won't irritate my skin or clog my pores as most heavy-duty moisturisers seem to do. This is perfect- and it's a lovely make-up base as well. It is fairly pricey for the amount you get, but I really think it's worth it if your skin needs extra care.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by keg123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have purchased this at least ten times over. I adore this product and it has made the biggest difference in my skin. Much calmer, no breakouts. I'll never change products!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by qingdao

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am so confused about this product. My fop dry area feels great but my slightly area is full of big spots.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by jadelinna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My dermatologist recommended me this moisturizer for my face as I was undergoing intense acne treatment, Accutane. For those of you unfamiliar with this treatment, it is a prescription drug and the last resort for treating acne. It stops your skin from secreting oil, thereby alleviating blocked pores and clearing pimples. During the five months of treatment, my skin was so dry that sometimes I had nose bleeds and eczema. More importantly, my skin became sensitive to some cosmetic products. I remember I had sensitive reactions to some moisturizers and lotions in the Body Shop as well as some brands of face masks, all of which were fine before and after the acne treatment. This was the only moisturizer that worked for me during the acne treatment. It works for sensitive skin and moisturizes very well; it has a light texture, which is a plus because I personally hate it when I can consciously feel the product sitting on my skin. It has minimal fragrance, which I also love. Now several months after my acne treatment, my skin is gradually returning back to its original oil prone state. Still, I use this product to retain moisture and it works miracles. It is a bit costly, but I think it's worth it, especially for those of you with sensitive skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Mylowstar41

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally!!!! Something that doesn't irritate my skin! I have eczema and have been struggling to find a moisturizer that doesn't make me have a negative reaction. This is finally it! I was having dry patches and itchy skin for months until I was recommend this line. The face wash leaves my skin sooooo incredibly soft. Highly recommend these products for problematic skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Freshpink29

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE. I have combination, sensitive skin and it's hard to find products that work for me and don't break me out. My facialist recommended that i use water-based products. So i tried Avene but their lotions didn't seem to absorb well into my skin. I have been using Lrp's toleraine for a few months now and i feel a difference in my skin. It's more hydrated and my skin looks and feels fresh and supple after usage. A fantastic basic, safe moisturizer that i will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by CombatWombat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This cream, together with LRP's Cicaplast B5 Baume, has made a significant difference in the texture and comfort of my skin this winter. I moved to a very cold, dry climate this winter, and spent a fair amount of time in hotels early in the season. My skin became painfully dry and itchy, especially around my nose, mouth, and chin, which are also the areas of my face that are most likely to break out in adult acne. My lips were so dry that I couldn't move my top lip normally. I found that applying this cream all over my face, including around my eyes and over my lips, cleared up the problems caused by dryness within a week. I have been using this cream all winter at night and my skin has stayed comfortable and moisturized.

The cream itself is thick but not greasy, applies smoothly, and sinks in quickly. I stopped applying this cream to my forehead after a few uses, as it made my forehead greasy the next day, but I do not seem to get greasy anywhere else and my forehead is naturally the oiliest part of my face. Applying four pumps per day to my lower face, eyes, lips, and neck, the product has lasted me approximately 5 months. The packaging is somewhat top-heavy and tips over easily, but it is very unique - it is actually a very thin plastic membrane suspended inside the bottle which contracts as the product is pumped out. This minimizes how much the product comes into contact with air and means that the product needs very few preservatives.

Overall I am very grateful for the relief this product has provided over this beastly winter. I am not 100% sure that I would repurchase next winter, as this may be contributing to a gradual increase in blemishes I'm experiencing (there are other factors that could be causing or contributing as well, but I can't rule this one out yet), and this product does seem to have spoiled slightly, as it's developed a slight butyric acid scent. This is a product that should be used up quickly, and perhaps should be kept somewhere colder than the top of my water heater. I am also a little wary of the squalane, as I'm a vegetarian, but I am not opposed to animal products if they outperform the alternatives. I will look into the lighter version of this product for the shoulder seasons, however there's a very good chance I will repurchase next winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I actually like this moisturizer. I have quite sensitive skin, but I would not call it intolerant or mega sensitive. My skin can handle fragrance, scrubs, masks and gel cleansers, but since I have hormonal/stress based acne, I thought I could try this cream for super intolerant skin.

I have now been using this for month and it has done nothing to my skin. And I mean that in a good way. Usually moisturizers break me out, make my face shine, make the pores larger or make my whole face red and hot. This one does not, it just moisturizers my face.

It has no secret acne/rosacea/other skin problem fighting power, but it keeps your skin moisturized. If that is what you are looking for, then you should really give a try. I will probably look for a moisturizer that can beat my breakouts, but this one definetely has a place in my bathroom. I havent tried yet but I can imagine this one works wonders for sun burned or wind burned skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2014 8:37:00 AM More reviews by queenofthenile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this moisturiser, but I've been left very disappointed. I though this might help combat some of the redness on my cheeks and nose due to mild rosacea, but this moisturiser only seemed to increase the redness. I also found it slightly greasy for my already oily skin. And it's a poor base for makeup - even with primer, my foundation is patchy before the day is up. I will continue to use this at night as it's sufficiently moisturising and I don't like to throw out skincare products unless they cause breakouts or irritation, but I will not repurchase.