January 28, 2015 | 1436 users online

Moisturizers - La Roche Posay - Toleriane Ultra

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2015 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Rustebust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of the few moisturizers my very sensitive skin can tolerate! I love every product I tried in the Toleriane range except the dermo cleanser which I felt left a greasy film on my skin. I haven't tried the foundation-type products in the range as my skin tone doesn't fit in to any sort of foundation shade-scales (I'm not even close to a Mac NW/NC15, so I use indie mineral brands to get a shade match). This moisturizer is great both night and day, I you are worried about shine I recommend trying the "fluide" version or just top of with some powder daytime.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2015 2:55:00 AM More reviews by melkate

I really wanted this product to work, however i have VERY sensitive skin, it reacts to almost anything other than Cetaphil and Clarins moisturisers thus far. I chose this product because it was marketed for those with super sensitive skin and the first few days I loved the product. It wasnt over moisturising or oily, it didnt leave any residue on the skin and I believe it controlled my oily t-zone somewhat during the day. However after a week or so I started to develop tiny bumps all over my skin, not so much breaking out but more of irritated tiny bumps. Would definitely recommend this product for people whom dont have sensitive skin but would like something more mattifying.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2015 11:05:00 PM More reviews by dashcrabtree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have pretty nice skin, generally, but it often looks like I have way more skin problems than I do because I'm so red -- my skin is thin, sensitive and very fair so all redness shows up clearly. This product makes a visible difference in soothing my skin. This is also one of the first treatment products I've ever found to be immediately effective, which is a huge plus... From the first use, I noticed that my skin was more porcelain-like already.

The hygienic packaging isn't fiddly or annoying and actually works as it's supposed to. The cream has no real smell and sinks into my skin almost instantly. The only thing that's missing for me is moisturizing quality -- I have very dry skin and so I like all my products to add a layer of moisture. If anything, I find Toleriane Ultra a little "mattifying." It doesn't dry out my skin, but it gives the look and feel of a really nice finishing powder, so I follow up with heavy duty cream/balm (La Roche Posay Lipikar AP).

I will definitely buy this again FOREVER.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2014 6:14:00 AM More reviews by summerbluejay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

my skin has suffered from acne treatment such as bp, ratin A and steroids and as a result my skin is thinned, red, and extremely sensitive. I purchased Eucerin White Therapy set and their products burned my skin quite badly. So I turned to Aubreys Organic pure aloe, which does a good job for my skin but is not moisturising enough for winter. Anyway, I decided to give this product a try. It is so moisturising and calming. I have not seen any miracle yet but overall Im quite satisfied since it does not irritate my skin like almost every products do. Will keep repurchasing till my skin is better!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by cherryme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

You would think that this cream would actually do something good to your skin giving the great description of the product. But for me - it gave me clogged pores, pimples and a shiny face.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by lichi79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Pros
-moisturizing, soothing and protective
-hygienic and lightweight package
-no problems under makeup
Cons
- no spf
My favorite 'calming' moisturizer is still Elizabeth Arden's Perpetual Moisture which name was changed to Gentle Hydrating Cream. Toleriane works better under make up.Wish it had spf.
Edit: I suspect this is breaking me out. I have gotten two cysts on each cheek, right where I rub this cream the most. I will not be buying La Roche Posay any longer, since I have not had good luck with any of their products. :(

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by katmint

This is a great winter moisturiser (I haven't tried it in summer yet- it might be great then as well!) I get really dry, flaky skin in winter so i need something very moisturising, but I need something that won't irritate my skin or clog my pores as most heavy-duty moisturisers seem to do. This is perfect- and it's a lovely make-up base as well. It is fairly pricey for the amount you get, but I really think it's worth it if your skin needs extra care.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by keg123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have purchased this at least ten times over. I adore this product and it has made the biggest difference in my skin. Much calmer, no breakouts. I'll never change products!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by qingdao

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am so confused about this product. My fop dry area feels great but my slightly area is full of big spots.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by jadelinna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My dermatologist recommended me this moisturizer for my face as I was undergoing intense acne treatment, Accutane. For those of you unfamiliar with this treatment, it is a prescription drug and the last resort for treating acne. It stops your skin from secreting oil, thereby alleviating blocked pores and clearing pimples. During the five months of treatment, my skin was so dry that sometimes I had nose bleeds and eczema. More importantly, my skin became sensitive to some cosmetic products. I remember I had sensitive reactions to some moisturizers and lotions in the Body Shop as well as some brands of face masks, all of which were fine before and after the acne treatment. This was the only moisturizer that worked for me during the acne treatment. It works for sensitive skin and moisturizes very well; it has a light texture, which is a plus because I personally hate it when I can consciously feel the product sitting on my skin. It has minimal fragrance, which I also love. Now several months after my acne treatment, my skin is gradually returning back to its original oil prone state. Still, I use this product to retain moisture and it works miracles. It is a bit costly, but I think it's worth it, especially for those of you with sensitive skin!