La Roche Posay Toleriane Ultra

4.3

AQUA / WATER, ISOCETYL STEARATE, SQUALANE, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER, DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-100 STEARATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, ACETYL DIPEPTIDE-1 CETYL ESTER, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER

on 2/25/2015 10:47:00 AM

My skin is very sensitive. I have rosacea and now thanks to a very cold and dry winter I have big eczema patches on my face too. I always seems to come back to the Toleraine line in times of trouble. I don't know why I ever try to change. This stuff is as good as it gets for reactive skin. After 2 days of using this again my flakes are gone and my skin is smoothing out again. This time I'm sticking with this. It truly is the best thing for very sensitive skin like mine. It's a bit expensive but worth it for calm skin.

on 2/20/2015 12:58:00 PM

My skin is very sensitive and dehydrated (I'm in Canada and it's very cold...) I'm 30 and i've been using harsh chemicals for a long time (i never paid attention to the list of ingredients since recently) the result is that my skin reacts to ANYTHING. I checked on skin deep and saw that this moisturizer has an excellent score in terms of toxicology and allergies. I believe it scores a 1 out of 10 (from 0-2 = very low risk of anything)
I bought it at my local drugstore for 35$CA which is expensive AND the bottle is very small, but it's worth it. My skin is even, the red patches and grainy texture is gone, my complexion is clear, smooth and glowy. Happy!!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the most amazing moisturizer for sensitive skin!

I discovered the Toleriane range about 5 years ago, I am currently using this together with the Dermo Cleanser, and I will never go back to using anything else.

This is the only daytime moisturizer that my skin doesn't react to, I used this from winter to summer. I do use a serum underneath this during winter, as I do need the extra moisture.

The only problem I have is with the packaging. I is very hygenic, because you don't have to stick your fingers in it, but every time I am left with a lot (enough to last me for another week) of product stuck into the tube. So everytime I have to cut through the plastic packaging to get all the product out, which is quite annoying.

But aside from that, this is my go-to moisturizer!

on 2/1/2015 8:31:00 PM

This is one of the products that my skin can tolerate after ruining skin of my face with 3 dermarolling sessions with doctor and using tretinoin (avitcid) cream for 3 months year 2011.

The product is very simple.

on 1/16/2015 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

One of the few moisturizers my very sensitive skin can tolerate! I love every product I tried in the Toleriane range except the dermo cleanser which I felt left a greasy film on my skin. I haven't tried the foundation-type products in the range as my skin tone doesn't fit in to any sort of foundation shade-scales (I'm not even close to a Mac NW/NC15, so I use indie mineral brands to get a shade match). This moisturizer is great both night and day, I you are worried about shine I recommend trying the "fluide" version or just top of with some powder daytime.

on 1/15/2015 2:55:00 AM

I really wanted this product to work, however i have VERY sensitive skin, it reacts to almost anything other than Cetaphil and Clarins moisturisers thus far. I chose this product because it was marketed for those with super sensitive skin and the first few days I loved the product. It wasnt over moisturising or oily, it didnt leave any residue on the skin and I believe it controlled my oily t-zone somewhat during the day. However after a week or so I started to develop tiny bumps all over my skin, not so much breaking out but more of irritated tiny bumps. Would definitely recommend this product for people whom dont have sensitive skin but would like something more mattifying.

on 1/11/2015 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have pretty nice skin, generally, but it often looks like I have way more skin problems than I do because I'm so red -- my skin is thin, sensitive and very fair so all redness shows up clearly. This product makes a visible difference in soothing my skin. This is also one of the first treatment products I've ever found to be immediately effective, which is a huge plus... From the first use, I noticed that my skin was more porcelain-like already.

The hygienic packaging isn't fiddly or annoying and actually works as it's supposed to. The cream has no real smell and sinks into my skin almost instantly. The only thing that's missing for me is moisturizing quality -- I have very dry skin and so I like all my products to add a layer of moisture. If anything, I find Toleriane Ultra a little "mattifying." It doesn't dry out my skin, but it gives the look and feel of a really nice finishing powder, so I follow up with heavy duty cream/balm (La Roche Posay Lipikar AP).

I will definitely buy this again FOREVER.

on 11/13/2014 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

my skin has suffered from acne treatment such as bp, ratin A and steroids and as a result my skin is thinned, red, and extremely sensitive. I purchased Eucerin White Therapy set and their products burned my skin quite badly. So I turned to Aubreys Organic pure aloe, which does a good job for my skin but is not moisturising enough for winter. Anyway, I decided to give this product a try. It is so moisturising and calming. I have not seen any miracle yet but overall Im quite satisfied since it does not irritate my skin like almost every products do. Will keep repurchasing till my skin is better!

on 10/14/2014 3:52:00 PM

You would think that this cream would actually do something good to your skin giving the great description of the product. But for me - it gave me clogged pores, pimples and a shiny face.

on 7/1/2014 11:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Pros
-moisturizing, soothing and protective
-hygienic and lightweight package
-no problems under makeup
Cons
- no spf
My favorite 'calming' moisturizer is still Elizabeth Arden's Perpetual Moisture which name was changed to Gentle Hydrating Cream. Toleriane works better under make up.Wish it had spf.
Edit: I suspect this is breaking me out. I have gotten two cysts on each cheek, right where I rub this cream the most. I will not be buying La Roche Posay any longer, since I have not had good luck with any of their products. :(

Popular Moisturizers