Philosophy Sugar Chick 3 in 1

4.1

on 9/1/2012 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I rated this product a 3/5 simply because it's not my favorite scent. The label of this scent reads "Sugar Chick" and underneath "Sugar Coated Marshmallows", which indicates that the product is supposed to smell like a Peeps candy (or that's how I interpreted it, at least). In my opinion, it doesn't smell remotely like a sugar coated marshmallow, but instead like lemon extract. I'm not a big fan of lemon scented products, so I don't really care for this one as much as I thought I would. Wouldn't recommend for purchase.

If you're like me, your New Year's resolution probably involved something about finally 'getting in shape.' A major part of this is, of course, cutting back on many of the delicious goodies that added inches to your waistline in the first place. If you're still mourning the loss of your favorite sweet treats, wipe off your tears and hop into the shower! Philosophy has recently released a whole plethora of yummy three-in-one shampoo / shower gel / bubble bath products. So, even if you can't eat a peep at least you can smell like one! Nom, nom, nom ... These products are absolutely fab! Can you tell I'm a big fan? The delicious concoctions lather like a dream, moisturize well and smell divine - DIVINE! The only downside is that the scent doesn't linger long on your skin after you get out of the shower. If you'd like to smell like a bakery all day (which I do) just work the gel into your hair, let it sit for a few minutes, and rinse. Your locks will smell like sugar and spice and everything nice all day long!

Read more at http://wallstreetbeautybeat.blogspot.com

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I remembered this smelling oh so amazing & marshmallowy when I sniffed this at Ulta. I received a sample of this to try, and I was disappointed. I was expecting a true marshmallow scent, but my sample smelled almost perfumey, lemony vanilla instead of edible marshmallow peep vanilla, lol. Maybe the bottle they put the sample in was tainted with whatever was in the bottle before hand ??? . I'd like to try this again just to be sure!

on 6/25/2011 1:54:00 PM

I haven't used this product as a bubble bath or shower gel yet, just as a shaving gel and shampoo. As a shampoo, it works great on my hair - gives it as much volume as Lush's BIG. Not sure yet how much oil it removes, though. (Update: my hair was greasy within 18 hours! So I'd suggest you not use this as shampoo if your hair is oily.)

As a shaving gel, works well too. Haven't tried it as a bubble bath because I think it'd take a lot of it, and for this price, no way!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Oh, I just ADORE Sugar Chick! I'd marry Sugar Chick. It is very sweet, but not sickeningly so. It smells warm, but it is light enough for warm weather. The scent lingers for a little while, but I'd love a Sugar Chick EDT. It lathers very well as a shampoo & for the body, but it comes up short as a bubble bath (maybe I have hard water?). Skin is quite soft after baths, before using any moisturizer. Vanilla lovers will love this.

on 4/26/2011 4:59:00 PM

This is soooo good.
The gel is yellow and has lots of shimmer in it (it doesn't stick to you), so its really fun and pretty to use. The scent is sugary marshmallow with a touch of sweet lemon.
My favorite scent of Philosophy gel so far. Highly recommended. Unfortunately the scent doesn't linger (as is true of all Philosophy gels).

on 3/2/2011 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I think I've died and gone to heaven. This is truly an accurate Peeps scent in all its sugary gooey glory, reminding me of that special time of year when I gleefully stick a poor little Peep in the microwave and giggle as it blows up to massive, silly-looking proportions. It's heavier on the sugary coating than on the marshmallow but still isn't so sweet as to be headache-inducing. Oh, and don't worry about the shimmer - it doesn't stick to your skin or make a mess of your tub/shower. I may get a backup of this so I can enjoy it Easter after Easter!