MAC Pink Cult

4.4

on 4/7/2015 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I'm sad that I won't be giving this a stellar rating only because I was so excited to try this blush for the longest time. I was hoping this would be the perfect nude-pink that I was looking for, and from the way this looks in the pan I figured it would fit the bill. Unfortunately it pulls quite warm and a bit muddy on my N12 skin, and that was definitely not the color payoff I was hoping for. While this is a nicely pigmented and long wearing blush, it actually comes off a bit patchy on me regardless of how light of a hand I use or how well I blend. I was hoping this would be my perfect nude-pink blush but I guess I'll have to keep searching.

on 9/13/2014 12:37:00 AM

Nice, easy to wear color. It's a matte dusty pink with a hint of gray. It does look nice on but MAC blushes tend to be overrated. I don't think it's anything special.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

It's become my favorite blush in my collection. It gives me a natural, pretty look on my deeply tanned skin. I need to lay on quite a bit of this blush to get it to show up on my skin. However the end result is soo pretty...a perfect lit from within glow type of pink. So don't be afraid if you're NC30+ to give this one a try.

on 9/11/2014 7:48:00 AM

This blush is like your favorite pair of jeans. It may not be fancy or have a lot of "wow" alone but it is easy, basic, and always there when you don't know what to wear. It can be dressed up or down. It is one of the best neutral blushes out there...especially for people like me whose skin will bring out any brown or orange in a product (so a lot of shades end up looking off, orange-ish, brown or ruddy on me...yes Blushbaby...I am talking to you). It is a matte dusty pinkish mauve toned blush as everyone has said. If I don't know what to wear, I put this on. I don't know how fun this would be in the summer as frankly, the color is a bit dull (meaning not much of a brightening shade), but fall - spring it is perfect. Pink cult is especially great during transitional seasons. I am so glad I grabbed it this time when it was released. I think MAC should just make this one permanent. Now, honestly, I wavered between a f 4 or 5 lippie on this because the color itself is more dull than I like in a blush. I usually wear shades like MAC Well Dressed, Full of Joy or BB Apricot in the summer. However, this is a fantastic neutral blush on me. I am Nw20, almost black hair, brown eyes, mauvey lips, deep soft winter.

on 6/11/2014 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really wanted to love this blush, but I can't. My skin tone is NW20 and it shows up red on me, not so cute.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Beautiful neutral dusty pink, looks very light in the pan but when applied it is surprisingly pigmented and bright. The quality is really good, last well on my oily skin if powdered. It is a very unassuming color in the pan but I swear it really brightens up my NC 15 skin. Excellent!

on 1/24/2013 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is, like, HG! I'm pretty pale - between 15 & 20 on the MAC scale - but neutral-toned. So when i wear a pink blush or a peach / apricot blush i have to adjust my make up to make me look warmer- or cooler-toned.

Pink Cult is a matte neutral pink, neither warm nor cool, slightly muted with perhaps the slightest hint of greige. On me it just the utmost of naturalness. It just looks like i have genuine color in my cheeks, not like i'm wearing a blush. I don't have to worry what other colors i'm wearing because it really looks like a natural extension of my skin.

I have mild rosacea in my cheeks, so before i wear ANY blush i have to tone down the redness (otherwise i'm heading into Bozo territory). So this might not show up much on someone who has normally red or pink cheeks.

This is a Limited Edition product. I bought it when it came out in the So Reel / Reel Sexy collection in April 2012. But MAC re-promotes some products from time to time so it might come back.

on 12/19/2012 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this because of all the rave reviews but unfortunately it seems I am in the minority again. On my nc 20-25 skin it just doesn't show unless I really go to town with it and then it doesn't give me the dusky pink I was hoping for. I recently went back in store and they tried one of the new blushes from the Marilyn Monroe collection which had a peach tinge to it. As I have red cheeks I tend to steer clear of peach but it actually looked quite lovely so that will be my next stop in my search for a blush that I can wear all the time. Unfortunately for me but lucky for them, my daughters are ecstatic as pink cult has made its way into their stage make up for dance shows and dress ups. Lucky girls!

on 9/22/2012 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

First off I have a ridiculous amount of blushes! I just bought this when it was released the last time & I love it. I have been wearing it everyday for a month. Its easy to wear with anything its a matte neutral pink. I'm NW20 with redness & it doesn't make me look feverish. I say the next time this gets released, snatch one up!

on 7/8/2012 10:03:00 PM

I really like this blush so natural! is is a mute pink, a little on the powdery side, but still easy to apply. I was scared at first it would not show up on my NC25-30 skin but it is just enough to make a flush effect for a more dramatic eye and lip look.

Popular Blush Products