February 28, 2015 | 1821 users online

Primer/ Corrector - NARS - Pore Refining Primer - Oil Free

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2015 9:35:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

As a whole, I like this primer. I don't really have any real problems with my pores, so I didn't fixate on its "pore-refining" promise when I used this. I don't think this is a new HG, but I was not disappointed.
Generally, I've had good luck in the past with face primers; the Pro Prime worked very similar to the others that I've tried; Laura Geller's Spackle and bareMinerals Prime Time come to mind. It was definitely the priciest that I've bought; so I was expecting it to work at least decently. As aforementioned, I generally have good pores; however, the other reviewers are right when they say that it hardly does anything for them. In my opinion, it's because of the texture; it's very liquidy, which allows it to settle into pores. Cream primers (if those exist!) probably would work better for pores.
It's a white-ish primer which goes on clear. I appreciated the lack of annoying, fine sparkles. The texture is, indeed, very liquidy. It's easy to make a little bit go a long way, so it does live out its $30 price tag. This tube lasted me a solid 5 months! As for its performance, I wasn't disappointed. It cooperated well with my foundations; it also prolonged their life on my face. I have oily skin, so I was grateful for the oil-free formula. Sometimes, though, I find the formula a bit drying; so, I still need to use lotion on my face before I put on this primer. I actually like the scent- I find it pleasant and a nice distinguishing factor from the other primers.
Basically, I didn't find anything disappointing with this primer. The black tube is, also, very nice and convenient. Like I said, it's a bit pricey, but I thought it was worth the $30. I'd recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2015 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Gadgeteer

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I believe this was my first Nars purchase. The description says it uses minerals to refine the appearance of skin and control oil but it isn't thick enough to make a smooth base for my foundation. I tried (for a year) to make it work by putting it under moisturizer, over moisturizer or along with another primer. I so hate to toss it because I think Nars has a great idea which just didn't work for my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2014 4:17:00 AM More reviews by Claire2612

I didn't see any difference in my pores using this primer. My makeup did stay on longer than without using a primer, but I would hope that being a primer this would be a given. For the price - it really isn't worth it. I don't have exaggerated pores but I was hoping it would smooth out the appearance of my pores and skin for a more seamless look with foundation over the top. Disappointing because the NARS products I have used have overall been fantastic.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Panda_Attack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I normally wear a full face of makeup and lately I've not been happy with my results, I felt my makeup looked a bit faded by the end of the day and not really as polished as I'd like. Also, I'm more conscious of the products I use as I haven't changed my routine in years (now 30). I got the primer for 25% off (ASOS), and while it's pricey it does work incredibly well. I put my face on before work and I find it lasts till evening without any touch ups, even my trouble zones (nose, under eye). I like this better than the Lancome one I've sampled in the past and I haven't had any issues with breaking out, though I am fastidious about removing my makeup at night. Lets see how long the bottle lasts, but even if it's a few months I'll be happy.

Edit: have used for a month or two now and have knocked off one lippie as I do feel as though it hasn't really sorted the greasiness around my nose, and in order to not have an oily nose I have to powder like a demon. In terms of how long my makeup lasts though it stays at 5 lippies.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The only redeeming factor about this primer is that the formula is nice and feels smooth gliding on - after that it's all downhill! I don't notice any difference in pore reduction and the longevity of my make-up wear is not extended beyond the normal wear I would get not having this primer on at all.

So save your $$$ and give it a miss.

However my sister does vouch for the Nars SPF30 primer that comes in a similar tube. She is a cyclist / runner and finds the SPF primer paired with a tinted moisturiser or BB is good.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2014 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Chizara123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really disappointed in the quality of this product. Nars has pretty good makeup but this was just terrible. A primer is supposed to leave you matte right ? Now why does this primer cause my skin to get oily within one hour. This product didn't do much of anything for me. I do not recommend It at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by ClaireDalloway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, this was a bit disappointment. It is my first NARS product and it makes me sad that it's not as good as I've expected. I use it for the areas on my face that tend to be oily and therefore my make up does not stay in the place for a very long time. Well, foundation and powder last longer with this primer, but it's not that glorious as I have expected - would buy the Benefit one for pores next time.
The packaging is not very good as the lid always stays messy and once also wastes the product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by IreneIss

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product was a little disappointing as I love Nars products and expected more from them. I bought it because of the company name and because it was oil free, not wanting to have the potential for breakouts. I haven't broken out, but it also doesn't do much to hide pores. You need to be careful when dispensing the product as a lot can come flowing out of the tube if you squeeze a little too hard. Also, you get a very small amount of product in what appears to be a fairly large tube, only 30 mL--2 tablespoons.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by RonBurgundy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Thought I would try a nars primer after using nars sheer glow / matte for a million years now. This was rubbish. Makes it hard to blend foundation over, doesn't prolong any foundation & DOESNT refine my pores AT ALL. So sad I wasted $70 NZD on this. Will be trying porefessional next. Only thing I likes was the packaging & the texture / application of the product. Not worth the money :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

After test driving a sample of this primer for several weeks, my conclusion is that this doesn't work for my combo/oily skin. At first I was impressed when the SA put a bit on my hand and it absorbed quickly like a lotion and didn't have the typical silicone-y texture like most makeup primers. I went home with a sample and used it under the new NARS cream foundation, but it didn't live up to its claims. I needed to blot by mid-day and was just as shiny using this primer, and I didn't notice any blurring effect on my pores/lines.