October 22, 2014 | 1997 users online

Primer/ Corrector - NARS - Pore Refining Primer - Oil Free

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Panda_Attack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I normally wear a full face of makeup and lately I've not been happy with my results, I felt my makeup looked a bit faded by the end of the day and not really as polished as I'd like. Also, I'm more conscious of the products I use as I haven't changed my routine in years (now 30). I always wear eye primer so I thought I'd try face primer as well and decided to go for NARS as it's a brand I like and ASOS had a good discount going. I got the primer for 25% off, and while it's pricey it does work incredibly well. I put my face on before work and I find it lasts till evening without any touch ups, even my trouble zones (nose, under eye). I like this better than the Lancome one I've sampled in the past and I haven't had any issues with breaking out, though I am fastidious about removing my makeup at night. Lets see how long the bottle lasts, but even if it's a few months I'll be happy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The only redeeming factor about this primer is that the formula is nice and feels smooth gliding on - after that it's all downhill! I don't notice any difference in pore reduction and the longevity of my make-up wear is not extended beyond the normal wear I would get not having this primer on at all.

So save your $$$ and give it a miss.

However my sister does vouch for the Nars SPF30 primer that comes in a similar tube. She is a cyclist / runner and finds the SPF primer paired with a tinted moisturiser or BB is good.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2014 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Chizara123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really disappointed in the quality of this product. Nars has pretty good makeup but this was just terrible. A primer is supposed to leave you matte right ? Now why does this primer cause my skin to get oily within one hour. This product didn't do much of anything for me. I do not recommend It at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by ClaireDalloway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, this was a bit disappointment. It is my first NARS product and it makes me sad that it's not as good as I've expected. I use it for the areas on my face that tend to be oily and therefore my make up does not stay in the place for a very long time. Well, foundation and powder last longer with this primer, but it's not that glorious as I have expected - would buy the Benefit one for pores next time.
The packaging is not very good as the lid always stays messy and once also wastes the product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by IreneIss

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product was a little disappointing as I love Nars products and expected more from them. I bought it because of the company name and because it was oil free, not wanting to have the potential for breakouts. I haven't broken out, but it also doesn't do much to hide pores. You need to be careful when dispensing the product as a lot can come flowing out of the tube if you squeeze a little too hard. Also, you get a very small amount of product in what appears to be a fairly large tube, only 30 mL--2 tablespoons.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by RonBurgundy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Thought I would try a nars primer after using nars sheer glow / matte for a million years now. This was rubbish. Makes it hard to blend foundation over, doesn't prolong any foundation & DOESNT refine my pores AT ALL. So sad I wasted $70 NZD on this. Will be trying porefessional next. Only thing I likes was the packaging & the texture / application of the product. Not worth the money :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

After test driving a sample of this primer for several weeks, my conclusion is that this doesn't work for my combo/oily skin. At first I was impressed when the SA put a bit on my hand and it absorbed quickly like a lotion and didn't have the typical silicone-y texture like most makeup primers. I went home with a sample and used it under the new NARS cream foundation, but it didn't live up to its claims. I needed to blot by mid-day and was just as shiny using this primer, and I didn't notice any blurring effect on my pores/lines.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2013 6:12:00 AM More reviews by maxineadelemua

This primer is rubbish! It made my Nars foundation go on all patchy & sank in my pores, will not buy again

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 5:31:00 AM More reviews by shanjade29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an okay face primer, not the best though. It didn't really do anything to my skin to make it smooth but I did like that it was refreshing and light on my skin. I will not be buying it again as it is very expensive where I live and there are better primers out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 2:09:00 AM More reviews by eunicekris

This primer is the best... I have tried so many primers from Smashbox to Urban Decay and all I can say is that this one really kept my face matte and not oily. I brought this primer to Fresno and I did not even have to blot my face not even once.. I love love this primer and will continue to buy.