April 20, 2014 | 1618 users online

Primer/ Corrector - NARS - Pore Refining Primer - Oil Free

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by RonBurgundy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Thought I would try a nars primer after using nars sheer glow / matte for a million years now. This was rubbish. Makes it hard to blend foundation over, doesn't prolong any foundation & DOESNT refine my pores AT ALL. So sad I wasted $70 NZD on this. Will be trying porefessional next. Only thing I likes was the packaging & the texture / application of the product. Not worth the money :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After test driving a sample of this primer for several weeks, my conclusion is that this doesn't work for my combo/oily skin. At first I was impressed when the SA put a bit on my hand and it absorbed quickly like a lotion and didn't have the typical silicone-y texture like most makeup primers. I went home with a sample and used it under the new NARS cream foundation, but it didn't live up to its claims. I needed to blot by mid-day and was just as shiny using this primer, and I didn't notice any blurring effect on my pores/lines.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2013 6:12:00 AM More reviews by maxineadelemua

This primer is rubbish! It made my Nars foundation go on all patchy & sank in my pores, will not buy again

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 5:31:00 AM More reviews by shanjade29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an okay face primer, not the best though. It didn't really do anything to my skin to make it smooth but I did like that it was refreshing and light on my skin. I will not be buying it again as it is very expensive where I live and there are better primers out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 2:09:00 AM More reviews by eunicekris

This primer is the best... I have tried so many primers from Smashbox to Urban Decay and all I can say is that this one really kept my face matte and not oily. I brought this primer to Fresno and I did not even have to blot my face not even once.. I love love this primer and will continue to buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by carloscrave

Mmm... I was expecting more, its like so watery and it doesn't cover my pores at all. I wish this one has SFP like the other primer from NARS, but it's ok but not for the price, I think you pay for what you get, I would pay for this one like 20 dollars not 40, as I did.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by HausOfMusic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It does an OK job as a primer, but the packaging is TERRIBLE! The product gets all over the cap after the first use. The product itself is not too bad, but certainly I am not willing to waste it since it is so expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by lavvy76549

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I know no primer is perfect, my favorite was mac matifiant but they discontinued it. I have used smashbox, reviva and now this. I liked them all because of that soft silicone smooth feel but I am so surprised that nars got such a low rating.

It does not give the feeling of smashbox but it mattifies my skin for several hours. My nose is always shiny but the other areas stay matte for the most of the day which is much better than the ones listed above. I like this product and will purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by blackowlive

This is crap. It made my skin oily and my makeup melted off.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by stayg0lden

I've been looking for a decent primer for quite some time. I have, for the most part, combination skin. I went into Sephora specifically asking for a primer that was oil-free that would smooth my pores and keep my make up on all day, but was also friendly enough to not make me break out. I was immediately pointed to this and took a leap of faith (Especially considering the outrageous price!) At first I was pleased, but after about a week or so of using it, I started breaking out horribly. It's very liquidy and I really didn't see much of any difference between my makeup being on before or after-besides the fact that I now had to camoflauge the breakouts caused by this. My hunt for a great primer is going to have to continue.