Estee Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick 116 CANDY

3.1

I like the candy shade, it give a perfect glittery flirty look for any party or occasion. Lipstick itself is very moisturizing. I get a smooth, moisturizing feel when I apply it. Packing is great very easy to open and close the lid. Staying power is not as great but it can last for 1-2 hours depending if you not drinking and eating much lol.

on 2/8/2013 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Estee Lauder 16 Candy Shimmer Long Lasting lipstick review: fantastic colour and pigment covering, but the lipstick is way too soft. After only one or two careful uses, the base of the stick has snapped off and the lipstick is now free-rolling around the case. Lip brush only application from now on. Will try to find a colour match from MAC's extensive colour range as I've never had one of their lipsticks snap inside the case. Unfortunately this is not the first Estee Lauder lipstick to do this on me. Shame as the colour really is brilliant.

on 1/20/2013 2:38:00 PM

It is a slightly purple fuscia to me, with a little bit silver shimmer. I like it but not Wow. I like to use it in Winter and Spring because it is a little bit obvious to my normal life

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My hubby got me the EL lip trio from a duty free on one of his trips and this was one of the colours. Its a beautiful cool frosty pink but unfortunately doest look good on my warn toned tan skin. I had to give it to my friend whose skin is lighter and cool toned. Looks great on her.

I love the formulation and packaging of all EL pure colour lipsticks. They are so creamy and pigmented, go on smoothly and do last quite long. And I just love the luxurious packaging. I will buy other colours from EL which suit my skintone.

on 6/14/2012 12:46:00 PM

Got this lipstick on line as an impulse buy, I didn't have high expectations but it is safe to say this is now one of my holy grail products. I have bought a obscene amount of makeup in my time and to be honest haven't been greatly impressed with many products. This is one of the few products that i will buy again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Why do they keep giving this away in their GWPs? I have like 5 of these. 2 I bought accidentally, when I was at an EL sale and requested 2 (of a different, nicer shade) and was given these instead (the product is sealed in a bag and you can only open it after paying). The rest are from GWPs. My sister buys a lot of Estee Lauder so she has even more of these.

COLOR: very frosty bright/medium pink. Does not look good on my NC42 skin
FINISH: frosty
LASTING POWER: don't know - always took it off as soon as I put it on

If you get it in a GWP and want to experiment, fine. But otherwise I don't recommend purchasing this shade, especially not for the price. The crystal lipsticks are way better. If I had a young daughter, I'd give this to her to play dress-up with or something.

on 9/7/2011 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Both my grandmother's and my mom love Estee Lauder products. It biased me in a bad way because I never wanted to try anything of Estee Lauder. I thought it was for older ladies. The packaging of the lipstick proves me somewhat correct. The "tube" if you will, that it comes in is navy blue and the lid has the cursive EL initials on it. There is nothing glamorous or distinctive about the case.

Onto the lipstick. It is rich and creamy. I love that it doesn't dry my lips out and that it doesn't have a sticky or chalky texture. Since it is moisturizing you can eliminate any need for a primer or gloss. That's nice. I absolutely love the shade. When you look closely it has a million little shimmer diamonds in it. They are not obnoxious though. Also, the scent is pleasing. It smells like make up! Last but not least, it is somewhat pricey, but it won't break your bank. For $25.00 you can spoil yourself. I don't wear it everyday so it's lasted.

EL L/s No. 116 CANDY - I received it with travel Time Zone set, sample sized. I don't like it's silver shimmer, for it absolutely doesn't fit to my pale (actually, almost snow-white ;-) skin tone, and additionally, this silver shimmer makes your teeth look more yellow, which I absolutely don't like and don't want (especially, compare to my almost white skin!!!!). The color itself pretty nice rose, but this shimmer.... I hate it!
BUT, If you have tan, or olive / or darker skin tone it could look/work great on you...
...for me - no, thank you :-(((((((((