Maybelline Expert Wear Single-Tastefully Taupe

on 9/26/2015 10:24:00 PM

I am in love with this eyeshadow! I bought 2 just in case Maybelline discontinues it :P Is the perfect taupe color: not too dark or too brown but still has a great pigmentation and shows up on the lids. The finish is shiny without being glittery or tacky. It looks insane as a lid color when doing a smokey eye. It is a really hard to find shade, I had been looking for something like this on the MAC counter for years and never found it. (For example, MAC Satin Taupe is more a brown color than a taupe). I will always repurchase!

PD: be carefull with other shades: I also bought the shade "Turquoise sea" thinking it will have the same quality as Tastefully Taupe but it was soooo disappointing: chunks of tacky glitter all over my face.

on 11/24/2014 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I'm on the fence with this. It is quite shimmery with some shiny fallout that happens easily because the shadow is very soft and gets all over. The shimmer makes my crepey lids look like shiny lizard skin.

But the colour is lovely, a cool toned golden bronze. If it would just stay put on my dark inner corners & just under the brows I could justify keeping it but it migrates everywhere.

It also irritates my lids a bit. They are hooded and shimmer often does bother my lids.

For younger women this is a wonderful wash of shimmer for an overall eye look. For me it is a toss. Too bad because it is really nice. I give it a 4 for quality with a point off for migration.

on 3/27/2014 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Love this taupe. I love taupe eye shadows and this is a great drugstore find. Pigmented, medium , shimmer taupe. Satin actually. Pretty taupe shade that surprisingly is hard to find in singles at drugstore. Not enough taupes. Perfect neutral eye. Easy to find and affordable.

on 3/5/2014 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

One of my HG eyeshadows!! Everyone should try this, if not for the price. In the pan it is a shimmery, neutral taupe and on me, it wear more cool-toned. This is one of those shadows that you can wash all over the lid and into the crease and be done, and the pigmentation and lasting power are actually great! I work long days, 8-10 hours and often sweat a little while I am at it and Tastefully Taupe doesnt fade or crease no matter how heavily it is applied. I find it comparable to Bad To The Bronze, but more cooltoned and obviously a powder.

on 1/17/2014 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Tastefully taupe is a shimmery pale taupe eye shadow. It goes on smoothly on the application,it last fairly long. Good crease color! Love it!

This is a staple in my easy-to-get-to-makeup. I don't stash this or hide it under the sink, that's how you can tell when it's a great cosmetic item!

It's a beautiful taupe, may lean slightly more purple... only slightly... like it does on me, depending on your skin tone. It is a somewhat satin/slight shimmer finish. Not overly shimmery at all... it doesn't catch the light too much.

I see this as one of those dimensional colors that looks like you put more work into your look, but all you did was apply it. When I apply it on my lid and into the crease it defines the crease just right.

I also have Revlon's Brushed Seude that is taupe like but is more of a wash, leans more brown depending on skin tone, and doesn't last as long.

I bought Urban Decay YDK in the hopes it may be a nice taupe that leans purple and it is way too shimmer for my liking. It's a pretty color but this one get's much more attention! Yes... YDK is under the sink.

So the next time you are in the grocery store and your kids are screaming, you can't remember if you put on deodorant, and need a pick me up, pick this up. You can see how pretty it is through the package. Also go to the D.O. aisle and swipe something on for your B.O. The first swipe is free.

This is a really beautiful color!

on 11/2/2013 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

lovely product from Maybelline! really beautiful color for daytime, great color pay off and not expensive at all! love

on 10/21/2013 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is what I wanted MAC Satin Taupe to be. I think Maybelline has improved the quality of its makeup line since I was a teenager and this eyeshadow proves that.
It's a nice, neutral true taupe shade that I can wear for a simple everyday look. It does have a slight shimmer but nothing over the top. The texture is soft and applies without being chalky or powdery.
The staying power is impressive (using an eye primer) without fading or creasing. Bravo Maybelline! The price is right too.
I can't wait to try the other shades.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

perfect for an every day look great quality for the price

on 8/24/2013 8:56:00 PM

This is a highly pigmented and long wearing cool leaning taupe, more grey than brown. Very versatile color. It reminds me of a Burberry color I swatched but did not purchase. Classy and pretty. I would definitely repurchase if something happened to this one or I ran out. The quality is very impressive. It is buttery but not powdery so it blends well but does not migrate where it does not belong.