September 18, 2014 | 942 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Expert Wear Single-Tastefully Taupe

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by shortii53

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this taupe. I love taupe eye shadows and this is a great drugstore find. Pigmented, medium , shimmer taupe. Satin actually. Pretty taupe shade that surprisingly is hard to find in singles at drugstore. Not enough taupes. Perfect neutral eye. Easy to find and affordable.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by bldsgrsxmgk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

One of my HG eyeshadows!! Everyone should try this, if not for the price. In the pan it is a shimmery, neutral taupe and on me, it wear more cool-toned. This is one of those shadows that you can wash all over the lid and into the crease and be done, and the pigmentation and lasting power are actually great! I work long days, 8-10 hours and often sweat a little while I am at it and Tastefully Taupe doesnt fade or crease no matter how heavily it is applied. I find it comparable to Bad To The Bronze, but more cooltoned and obviously a powder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Tastefully taupe is a shimmery pale taupe eye shadow. It goes on smoothly on the application,it last fairly long. Good crease color! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by CharacterofLife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a staple in my easy-to-get-to-makeup. I don't stash this or hide it under the sink, that's how you can tell when it's a great cosmetic item!

It's a beautiful taupe, may lean slightly more purple... only slightly... like it does on me, depending on your skin tone. It is a somewhat satin/slight shimmer finish. Not overly shimmery at all... it doesn't catch the light too much.

I see this as one of those dimensional colors that looks like you put more work into your look, but all you did was apply it. When I apply it on my lid and into the crease it defines the crease just right.

I also have Revlon's Brushed Seude that is taupe like but is more of a wash, leans more brown depending on skin tone, and doesn't last as long.

I bought Urban Decay YDK in the hopes it may be a nice taupe that leans purple and it is way too shimmer for my liking. It's a pretty color but this one get's much more attention! Yes... YDK is under the sink.

So the next time you are in the grocery store and your kids are screaming, you can't remember if you put on deodorant, and need a pick me up, pick this up. You can see how pretty it is through the package. Also go to the D.O. aisle and swipe something on for your B.O. The first swipe is free.

This is a really beautiful color!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by kbono23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

lovely product from Maybelline! really beautiful color for daytime, great color pay off and not expensive at all! love

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is what I wanted MAC Satin Taupe to be. I think Maybelline has improved the quality of its makeup line since I was a teenager and this eyeshadow proves that.
It's a nice, neutral true taupe shade that I can wear for a simple everyday look. It does have a slight shimmer but nothing over the top. The texture is soft and applies without being chalky or powdery.
The staying power is impressive (using an eye primer) without fading or creasing. Bravo Maybelline! The price is right too.
I can't wait to try the other shades.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by monicadaleo29

perfect for an every day look great quality for the price

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by ladypamela1

This is a highly pigmented and long wearing cool leaning taupe, more grey than brown. Very versatile color. It reminds me of a Burberry color I swatched but did not purchase. Classy and pretty. I would definitely repurchase if something happened to this one or I ran out. The quality is very impressive. It is buttery but not powdery so it blends well but does not migrate where it does not belong.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 3:08:00 AM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this up at Walmart last week, along with Nutmeg, for they looked like great everyday neutral shadows that I could just throw on without putting a lot of effort in. God knows I have lots of taupes but this one looked like it wouldn't be too shimmery/sparkly and was cheap. Let me tell you, the quality isn't cheap at all! This would suit women of all ages for the shimmer is very subtle which was exactly what I was needing. It's also a little cooler toned than most of my taupes which also makes it a winner. It has good pigmentation and looks great with a matte brown, such as nutmeg in the crease, or on it's own. I remember when Maybelline shadows were really crappy but they have totally stepped up their game. Don't hesitate to get this one.
*EDIT* (9-23-13) This is such a great product and I've been using it almost everyday. This wears like iron too. I did a look with my Urban Decay naked palette a few days ago and it creased like crazy by the end of the day....this has never creased on me. I use Avon's eye primer btw.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this shade based on the MUA reviews, but Tastefully Taupe did not look on me as I'd hoped. The shade is a very cool looking greyish-brown in the pan, but when I applied it, it looked a little bronzy. :( I have a difficult time finding taupes that flatter my skin tone. I also purchased Silken Taupe, which is a little lighter and looks similar to Tastefully Taupe in the pan, but looks completely different when worn. Silken Taupe complements my skin tone.

Despite the color not being what I wanted, I am impressed with the quality. As far as pigment and longevity are concerned, this eyeshadow delivers.