December 21, 2014 | 1702 users online

Eyeliner - Physicians Formula - Shimmer Strips Gel Creamliner Trio - Brown Eyes Glam Collection

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought these gel eyeliner trio during a CVS trip as I had left my Stila Smudge Pot at home and I needed a gel liner ASAP for a formal event. As much as I love and prefer the intensity and longevity of cream/gel liners over pencil liners, I do often still rely on automatic pencil liners for the brushless convenience factor. Nonetheless Physician's Formula is always introducing new products and discontinuing older lines so if you can still pick up this trio for 50-75% off, you definitely should. I am sad to report that the black (that I used the most) in this trio has definitely dried and hardened to a sad shrunken mass. I managed to revive it by dripping some Visine into it, briefly microwaving it, and stirring it around with a toothpick, but there's a curious cloudy white film at the bottom of the reservoir - basically, it works but don't do it kids!

As far as the formula goes, the liners were all fairly creamy and glided on with ease, although the bronze and gold have remained soft and pliable for the last three years while the black did not. The bronze and gold color are quite sheer and true shimmers - they worked well as eyeshadow bases, not so great at actually defining the eyes. The black appears to be a black cream color with tiny gold flecks mixed in and I can say as someone who has tried black cream/gel liners from various brands - the black isn't the creamiest and most opaque but it does dry very quickly and lasts throughout the day.

The packaging is annoying, the pots themselves are tiny and stack on top of one another. I guess it's nice that it's not a ginormous amount of product that I'll just never get around to use before it evaporates, but it would be nice if the containers were flatter with more surface area (unless that lends to the product drying up even more quickly). Also, why must Physicians Formula package everything in trios?! Most people are quite content with using just black eyeliners the majority of the time, but hey, I guess it's PF's schtick or something.

Anyway, an okay product, but I much prefer other cream/gel liners. I would not purchase this particular array of colors again at full retail price, but I would probably pick up the non-Glam Brown Eyes one during a CVS sale. The swatches for those seem much more opaque and all three are probably lovely as eyeliners.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by veelui

i love these cream liners, i bought them last year and tried it out and put them away until last month, and they are still very creamy and have not hardened. this formula is very smooth to apply, i use them on my top lashline and they blend easily, and are also easy tk remove and water resistant as well. you can take them apart or keep them stacked, which is a real spacesaver. PF products are my fave drugstore eye makeup brand

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

Good quality cream liner (comparable to MAC, smashbox and Maybelline - which I prefer over both of the more expensive ones) this is a nice set of Bronze, gold and black which make fabulous shadow bases/cream shadows for highlighting the eyes and defining. Stylish packaging though the pots are quite small so bear in mind if you are buying online like I did. Still a great product for a small price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

As with the other PF gel eyeliner trio that I have the black is fantastic. It has small bronze shimmer particles in it that are visible on the eyes but it doesn't bother me, it was actually really appropriate for Christmas time (that's when I bought it). It doesn't irritate my eyes either. The brown is ok, not as pigmented as I would have wanted, I would prefer if it was darker as well because if you use it on its own it doesn't really define the eye.
The gold is nice, I'm not really that artistic with my eye make-up (creating a double liner or whatever) so I only use it for highlighting the inner corner of my eye, almost as a cream eye shadow.
Overall this trio is definitely worth its money but the black is easily the best of the three colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Remykat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This purchase was inspired by You-Tube. The gal did a ridiculously beautiful date-night look with a gold lid, bronze crease, and black liner. This set had all three! So I copied away. Then, she put loose shadow on top to set and highlight. So, I did too. And then the wrinkles that SHE didn't have showed up on me ;) Long story short, this set does work for me. It stayed through the day and into date night with hubby. For day, I just do the bronze liner with gold in the inner corners and maybe a little black to wing on the outer corner. The colors also look good as an all-over color. You'll want to use a different brush for a more precise line.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by franklin4life

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Quite a good drugstore eyeliner! They were all fairly pigmented and smudge-proof.

The brown is a really pretty brown, almost copper color. I could see pink glitters in the black gel eyeliner in the pot, but not on my eyes. It's still a nice basic black eyeliner though. I use the gold to highlight the inner corners of my eyes because I find that it's too light on my skin tone to use as eyeliner.

I have a minor gripe with the packaging. At first, it's really difficult to snap them apart. After a while, the snaps loosen up, which makes them way easier to separate.

The price was great, too. 10 bucks for three eyeliners is an affordable price.

Overall a solid product, I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

The texture is harder than MAC's gel liners, and the pigmentation is not as intense as I would have like it, BUT for a drugstore gel liner, this is a good product. It is long lasting, dries quick, does not transfer (I always set it with eyeshadow also), and can also double up as eyeshadow base. I do not like the packaging though, the containers do not align straight when I want to close them securely. Round containers would have been smarter. Other than that, I would still recommend them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

Physician's Forumula Glam Collection. Is it as good as the original? Yes!
Like the original PF gel/cream liners, they're specified for eye color. You get 3 different shades each in it's own stackable cube and a brush (looks more like a lip brush to me) for around $10!
The similarity to the original ends there. PF Glam's are high shine metallic hues and finish. Like the original you get two different colors and one black.
I have brown eyes and stuck with that set. The other sets have greens, purples etc. Brown eyes have a metallic brown, gold, and like I said before black.
The application is creamy, very easy to work with. Thin line, thick line, water line. These can also be smudged out for a shadow with zero creasing.
The staying power is awesome, and removes easily with my Olay foam cleanser. No extra remover needed. Oh and I've had the original set for blue eyes and it hasn't dried out in the pot at all.

So the colors? Well I was thinking that maybe the brown hue might be a dupe for MAC rich ground. It's not. PF's is a light/med intensity golden brown with no orange. It has very subtle micro glitter too. . The gold color is a medium intensity yellow gold. No orange here either again very subtle micro glitter.
The black is supposed to be metallic but it's not. It's the same as the black in the original PF gel/creams It is matte with very sublte flecks of golden micro glitter.
The two metallic shades have a softer finish when smudged out (mica), micro glitter that's on the ingredient list shows up a bit more this way, especially when it starts to fade. Still very subtle. . They are pretty colors however yes they are shiny but the lighter pigment keeps them from becoming over the top. Note: (I do not have 16 year old eye lids.) so don't be afraid!
What's great is you can play with these and wear them so many ways.
I am so impressed with these liners don't hesitate just go Glam!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 7:27:00 PM More reviews by wunverdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros :
Nice colours
Easy to apply
Can build up the colour

Cons :
Hard to find if you live in the UK
Does not stay on the waterline for more than an hour
Annoying gold particules in it, seem kind of pointless

Overall: I only bought this because I heard this eyeliner will stay on the waterline and absolutely nothing stays on my waterliner. Unfortunately I was dissapointed as it didn't last more than an hour! I have been using this to do my normal eyeliner and it works pretty well, is easy to apply and you can build up the colour, not really fond of the gold sparkles though. Would I rephurchase? No because I wanted this mainly for my waterline and this didnt work and whilst its a nice every day eyeliner I live in the UK so had to get this off ebay and I couild easily find another eyeliner in the shops in the UK which does the same thing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2011 1:43:00 PM More reviews by JYCarson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Glam Collection for Brown eyes has a gold, bronze, and black liner with a brush.

Gold: Quite a metallic yellow gold, doesn't go on as opaque as the silver for blue eyes collection, but still a nice metallic gold.

Bronze: Very metallic bronze that I wish was a bit more opaque as it could potentially be a great color!

Black with Bronze Shimmer: Same as the blacks from other collections, pretty dark, could be darker, and I wish the bronze shimmer in it was more noticeable.

Brush: Not the best but not the worst brush that comes with cream liners (*cough* WnW). I have a few of these since I have several of these liner collections from PF, they double up nicely as lip brushes.

Staying Power: These stay on so well! They don't budge or smudge even after getting wet. Will require makeup remover!

All in all, a good deal for 3 brushes, especially when they are on sale. The colors in this collection are great, just wish they were a little bit more pigmented!