October 25, 2014 | 914 users online

Eyeliner - Physicians Formula - Shimmer Strips Gel CreamLiner Trio - Brown Eyes

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by 13girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite eyeliner, I have all the colors even though I have brown eyes. Goes on smooth, lasts all day, easy to apply! I have stocked up on these eyeliners! Definitely HG

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Rheuai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

PROS:
- nice color payoff
- lasts ALL DAY
-no smudging

CONS:
- none (liquid liner for me is just less of a hassle)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by magda12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Another GCC (Good Cute & Cheap) product!!!! Love it!!

I've only tried one other gel liner - the cult fave Stila pots, in Black. And while I did like the results and the staying power, it was not only pricey (which I don't mind too much if the product rocks) BUT dried out in a few months. And believe me, I tightened that sucker shut after every use, to prevent just THAT!

Oh yeah, I tried the Sephora one too. Sucked... didn't apply well at all.

Soooo.... I was perusing CVS one day, and saw the wonderful Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Gel Creamliner for Brown Eyes and my life was transformed!!!

Well, not really. But definitely improved. ;o)

The special-o-the-day was buy a PF item and get $10 cash back. Hello!! It was practically free, so I grabbed it and ran to the register.

Maybe it was because I didn't have any expectations, but I was SO pleasantly surprised!! It comes with a little brush (which does the trick, but I prefer to use my own angled eyeliner brush) and is the three colors -brown, purple and black- are stacked together vertically.

I do have to interject w/ my one complaint, which is the reason for the 3 lippies in the packaging. To me, it's not really travel-friendly. How awesome would it be if they included an extra little cover, so you can just take one little pot on the road w/ you? Huh?? Anyone?? :)

Besides that, it rocks:

The colors: The brown is a lovely dark mocha, the purple is on the lighter side, more a darker lavender than blue-violet,and the black is black (I don't see the purple speckles the package claims it contains, which is better for me.)

The texture: The product in the little pots is softer than I expected. I've had it for 1 year + (prolly not the best idea, but hey) and it has NOT dried out AT ALL. Just used it this morning! Smooth application. At the most, had to run it twice across my eyelid. No annoying gaps!!

The price: SO reasonable. Regular price is about $12, but coupons are out all the time for this line. OR you can use the $3.50 off @ Ulta AND a manuf coupon. OR you can use te $3.50 off @ Ulta AND a manuf coupon AND wait for their 40% off sale that sometimes contains the PF line, which is what I did to get one of these babies for my bff! :D Made out like a bandit!

Anyhoo, def recommend to one and all!!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by childofthebarricade

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Last year, near Labor Day, I asked online if anyone knew of a liner that would stay put no matter what. I was referred to the Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips cream liner. I needed it for Dragon*Con, which is Atlanta's version of Comic Con. It's always on Labor Day weekend, which is usually one of the hottest, swampiest times of the year.

I have brown eyes and so bought the Brown Eyes trio. That comes with a stack of three cream liner colors - a deep black, a dark purple, and a dark coppery brown. As I cannot think of the price off the top of my head, I looked it up on Ulta's website, and it's listed as $10.99 there.

The purple and the brown are fun to play with, but it's the black that you stay for. The brush provided works decently, although you can buy others, of course. But that black... It STAYS. If for some reason you were unable to wash your face for a few days, you'd notice a little smudging after the first night, but it wouldn't get much worse after that,

So not only is this relatively cheap, it gives you options to play with, a cat's eye look is not hard to do with it, and it doesn't even want to come off during what are generally the four hottest days of the year. And to boot, you do not only a lot of waiting in hot places, the place is PACKED, because not only is the ~50,000 con attendees there, but there are also two other rather large events going on in the same area at the same time.

I would fully recommend this product to anyone.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by payjark

I love these. I prefer gel liner to liquid or pencil and these are awesome. I've only used the purple shade a few times but the black and brown get a lot of wear. My HG is Bobbi Brown gel liner in espresso and tis brown stays just as long on my eyes. I can't seem to find them anymore though! I originally purchased them for around $5 at Kroger. I wish I could find these again so I can stock up!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Blinkz191

I love this!!!! I have 3 of the ones for blue eyes. Once i tried one i just fell in love and bought 2 more..! They are long lasting, beautiful colors, extremely creamy which makes them easy to apply and the packaging is adorable! Go buy it!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 2:42:00 AM More reviews by cosmopolitan1930

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After trying so many eyeliners that didn't work,I read a review about the Shimmer Strips, and I went out to Ulta and bought them that day. I bought the set made for brown eyes. I use all three colors, and they work well together. This the first gel liner I've purchased that has worked.It goes on creamy,blends very well,doesn't smudge or rub off, It stays on all day. I am very happy with product,and when I run out, I will definitely buy it again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

Really didn't care for these, even though they get raves review her and on YT. I thought the pigmentation was lacking when used as a liner. I needed to line my eyes 2 or 3 times to build up the color. Although I didn't have a great experience, I would try them again for eyeshadow bases as I didn't previously use them for that purpose.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by schoolgirl101

I purchased this trio for wanting a good drugstore gel liner for everyday use, and I found this gem. It is not waterproof but definitely water resistant. After it has set on my upper lash line, it doesn't smudge and give me raccoon eyes. I am reviewing on the brown color, which I use the most. The black and purple are decent colors but don't receive as much love as the brown, which applies on smoothly and quite dark. The applicator brush that the concealer comes with isn't too bad. I like using it overall but tend to use a different brush to get a more precise wing. The concealer is just as creamy as when I opened the product four months ago. It's great, and when you can get Physician's Formula on sale (I got the trio for $6), it's extremely affordable.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by peachplumpear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this is the best DS gel liner, so many colors to choose from and they're just as creamy as the day I got them over a year ago. I can use it on my bare oily lids and it still looks perfect at the end of the day, no smudging, fading, or transfer. I once wore the black shade to a summer music festival in Florida and when I checked my makeup well after midnight everything was melted away but my liner looked great!

I usually do a cat eye with these liners but they also work well as shadow bases or blended out for a super quick smokey eye. They last 4-5 hours on my waterline which was a surprise, usually liner on my waterline is gone within the hour. They are a bit pricey for DS makeup but they're completely worth it imo. Definitely HG.