Shu Uemura Silk Mesh

on 2/25/2012 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This styler is amazing! And Silk Mesh is the best way to describe the texture. It's not heavy or gummy and doesn't weigh my fine hair down. I use it on dry hair for texture, especially if it's humid out. Smells wonderful and doesn't build-up.

on 8/24/2011 1:29:00 PM

Best stuff ever for a messy pixi cut. Completely non greasy, and you can achieve great definition, seperation and volume.

on 3/23/2011 3:14:00 PM

Another great find courtesy of the hair board, I can't live without this product. I use it on my bangs, flyaways and any wispy bits for hold and definition. Unlike every other putty or pomade I've tried, this one does not make my bangs greasy. It is lightly fragranced (a bit like melon) but the scent does not linger after application. Extremely pricey at $40 for a tiny tub, but it's lasted almost a year with daily use. Definitely recommend and will repurchase.

on 3/1/2011 11:51:00 AM

According to the web-site, Silk Mesh is"a lightweight fibrous and elastic cream that provides a unique texture with moldable definition and long lasting style memory [also] provides root-lift, medium hold, matte finish and heat protection". That is an accurate description of the product.
I was very wary about using sculpting/molding pastes because of their gumminess and unpleasant stickiness. Silk Mesh has pleasantly surprised me. It allows me to style my wavy hair and manage frizz.
It is important to dab a little amount of cream on a palm and rigorously rub hand together. When pulling apart, the cream should transform into cobweb.
It is worth noting that Silk Mesh is the only styling product I am planning to buy again.