July 25, 2014 | 941 users online

Styling Products - Oribe - Royal Blowout Hair Styling Spray

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Neeeneee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I would consider myself a good judge of hair products for dehydrated, frizzy hair so I couldn't believe I bought such an expensive product that's really not great. I've used it about ten times and I see no benefit, maybe it reduces drying time somewhat, but I think it has added to unmanageability. My hair looks like bed head in the morning and normally it doesn't need straightening. Maybe I'm using it wrong, I use a small amount in sections. Ugh it's not a miracle, it's more the emperor's new clothes. Disappointing

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by NicoleSantina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I Love this stuff!!! I have really thick hair. I've been told by several hair dressers that they have never seen someone with so much hair. So as you can imagine blow drying my hair takes forever. About an hour to be exact. Oribe Royal Blowout Hair Styling Spray cuts my blow dry time down a lot! It adds shine to my hair so my hair does not look dry and it smells really good too. I love this product. I would highly recommend it! And I do not highly recommend too many hair products!!!! I even keep the bottle on me at work or when I go out to give my hair an extra boost of shine when my ends start to look dry and frizzy. Try it out :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by FightinFlab

I hesitated to spend $49 on this, even after reading the rave reviews, but I love this stuff. I have fine, highlighted blonde hair, but a lot of it, with a slight (unattractive) natural wave. I spray it on the bottom 2/3 of my hair and use 6-8 pumps. This spray reduces my blowdry time by 5 minutes and is very effective at straightening out my waves when used with my blowdryer and paddle brush. If I decide to also use a flatiron, the results are even better...I need only one pass with the iron, and the heat seems to help seal the product into the hair to prevent waving later. Even though this seems oil-based, I can go a day without shampooing. And yes, it smells phenomenal. I only gave it 4 lipsticks because I'm less impressed with its frizz control...and I live in Minnesota where the weather humidity is lower most of the year.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by parisbyrum19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Royal blowout, where to start!? for month's i've wanted to try it, desperate for something to pamper my hair with after my kerastase/shu uemura shampoo and conditioning ritual. This is the most luxurious leave in conditioner i have ever used, it's a spray bottle which i love but it's not very conditioner like, more like a serum spray, but instantly when your spray it through your hair it leaves it feeling velvet smooth, nourished from root to tip. I'm skeptical of the claims that this product alone actually repairs split ends, i don't think anything but a cut will do that, but it does a really good job of making your hair look incredibly healthy. I just recently went from platinum blonde to brown to save my hair and make it thicker, this is definitely what my hair needs on its road to recovery, i couldn't use anything else now because my hair looks impeccable, flawless. From now this will always be a HG for my hair care regime, 1 downside is the price but i've had mine for about a month now and its hardly gone down at all, i think because the spray disperses very little but quite evenly so it seems like a lot if that make's sense? however for severely damaged hair this is a must.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by kberly37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product. I've used it for about two years and use it consistently every time I wash and style my hair. I have fine textured curly hair that frizzes very easily. I use Royal blowout when I go strait or when I go curly. Don't use too much of this product or your hair will look greasy and I only spray the lower 3/4 of my hair... I don't use it at the roots. It's on the expensive side of hair products, but when i find something I love, I stick with it. One more bonus... smells fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by lbehling

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I caved and bought this after not being able to find a heat protection product I really like. I know this is a "blow dry" product, but I use it on dry hair before I flat iron. I only spray from mid shaft to ends and then run the flat iron through. I LOVE it! This is the BEST product I have ever used for flat ironing my hair. If you use only a little spritz and only from mid to ends of hair, you don't get greasy hair. It leaves my hair soft and smooth. I flat iron every day and wash every 2-3 days. I only use this the first time I iron after I wash my hair. A bottle has lasted me more than 6 months and i have already bought a replacement bottle so I won't run out. This really does keep me from getting split ends from flat ironing. I have gone 8 weeks since my last trim and you can't find a dry end on my head...and I color every 4-6 weeks and flat iron. This stuff is grail material for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by notfalling028

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It's not a miracle product for me as I don't see any magical effect that would justify the price. Just don't see any difference with or without it. I'd buy it again for the smell though as I'm seriously addicted and it smells better than any other blow dry spray I have tried so far.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by drmngangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This makes a huge difference in my blow out. Without it, it takes longer to dry my hair, but with this, it cuts the down the dry time, and it also helps smooth out my hair. My blowout looks amazing with it though. I also love the scent, which is one of the pluses with this line, but it is really expensive. I first spray a couple time all around and blow my hair until it's about 70% dry. Then I section off pieces and spray once on each section right before I blow it with using a round brush. My hair looks great and I'll repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Excellent product with horrible packaging. I bought this weeks ago and tossed the receipt. I finally opened the bottle for the first time last night only to discover that the pump does not work. I tried and tried and nada. I fiddled with it and the whole entire feed tube broke off.

Hmmm I thought..."now what do I do"? The bottle is constructed so that the top part is glued or welded into the bottom. There is no screw top. I took a pair of nut crackers and tried to pry the top off. Nada...it would not budge. I hated to but I finally had to ask the hubs to do it and he finally got it off.

Hmmm...now what do I do? I have a bottle of $40.00-something hair goop that has a broken bottle. I finally poured the contents into a tupperware bowl that has a lid. This looks ever so elegant sitting next to all of my other hair care bottles and tools.

If I ever buy this again I will make sure the spray thingy works before I purchase it. Beside the bottle mishap, this product is awesome. My frizzy prone hair is smooth and manageable.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 10:23:00 AM More reviews by marlowedh

I have long, thick, dry-ish and often not so nice looking, double-process, high-lighted, naturally wavy hair —and some ill-considered bangs. Naturally my hair is dark blondie, but is a beautiful gwennyth paltrow blonde thanks to devilish alchemy of my stylist.

Oribe's royal blowout, along with its other products have really helped my hair feel gorgeous and look naturally stunning! I get compliments. My hair is now my thing. ;)

Royal blow-out is a fine spray, a little oily, that I spray all over my hair, concentrating on my ends and bangs before blowing out with a roller brush. It really does make my blow-out last 2-days without muss, which is genius for my hair, and makes it look shiny and healthy, as well as very soft!

I use it with Keratasse thermal nectar if I'm going to be doing a "SERIOUS" blowout à la bridgette bardot, wash with oribe brilliant and shine shampoo, use the moisture and control conditioner.

my critique is that they don't have a travel size :(
It is expensive, but using it everyday it has lasted me on average 4-5 months a bottle. I don't use any hair serums anymore (I used to use phyto which is still great!) so it doesn't feel like as much of a splurge.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No