November 23, 2014 | 2039 users online

Fragrances - Origins - Ginger Essence

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I love this fragrance so, so much. On me, it's very light and fades quite quickly, but the scent that lingers is so fresh and lovely. The fragrance is a light floral with citrus, and a hit of spicy ginger that gradually fades. I love that it's not overpowering, and that it smells so clean and pretty. I hope Origins doesn't discontinue this, as I haven't loved any fragrance like I do this one in a long, long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This is a great fragrance available at a moderate cost. It is true that the scent is strong, so buyer beware. I happen to like stronger scents so that was what first attracted me to it. It is also very unique. I have yet to smell a perfume that uses ginger in the way in which it is used in this perfume. It is refreshing. I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by cjxtypes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok on my ongoing quest for a new signature scent these past several months I came across a perfume personality test. Corny I know. This perfume was the first one listed. I've never heard of it before. So while out I dropped by the cosmetic counter and had the girl spritzed my wrists. Ummm... Whoa! Immediately I was brought to memories of my dentist's office! Antiseptic. What a let down but I decided I'd roam around and see if maybe it will morph into something else. Am I ever glad I did. After the initial medicinal smell wore off about 15/20 minutes in, I was pleasantly surprised with such a nice ginger scent. Not too potent, but not too soft. Then the citrus began coming through in little pops. After about an hour is when I got the sweet ginger ale scent a lot here have described. Took a little while with my chemistry. Its such an interesting scent. And I say that in the best way. I've never smelled anything else like it. A lot have commented that it doesn't last long. It's been nearly six hours later and I still faintly smell it lingering. I also like that it doesn't dry down powdery. So many scents seem to start well and end with powder. I'm not a fan of that. Many also have commented that they like it as a fall/winter scent. Personally I think this scent can be worn year round. Too me its very sunny, fun, and bubbly but not in a tweeny bobber kind of way. It does have class and sophistication. I'm very frugal and I did walk away with the rollarball of the Ginger Essence Intensified (for starters) I will he back for more....Score!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by JadoreNelle

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this perfume. It is so delicate and it smells wonderful. The only drawback is that you cant smell it throughout the day. It fades. Even when pairing the perfume with the roll-on version on top it wont last all day, 2-3 hours at the most. I love the scent so I will continue to buy this perfume. Currently, using bottle #2. Genius scent, sucky staying power.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by sissyfris

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

While I really love the beginning of this scent (gummy coke bottles! Awesomeness!) it lasts milliseconds on me, and that's on either skin, or sprayed under clothing. I went through a 100 ml bottle in no time flat (fine, yes, I was using it as a body spray, basically) which Never Happens. So I will not repurchase because I like to get the occaisonal whiff of myself and my perfue-deliciousness through the day or at least the hour. And this... well, no. It did get compliments from people, but only because I was carrying it around and hosing myself down with it at every bathroom stop, lip gloss refreshing, or stop light. (fine, yes, it's hot. Sue me.) if it was in the post 5 minute zone, then nothing, not even from DH who generally comments favorably when possible, knowing it earns him bonus points. overall, fun, overpriced, and not going back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this fragrance. My husband bought me the 4 mL rollerball one year as a stocking-stuffer; and I hoarded it like a crazy person until I just decided to GO BUY A BOTTLE.

I actually got the set with the shower gel and the body lotion in addition to the 50 mL spray perfume bottle (and I think it was like $45 altogether).

I just never get tired of smelling it. It's close enough to the body that I don't think I'm being obnoxious or overwhelming; but to me it can be refreshing, or relaxing, or just plain comforting. I don't know, but it just hits those "happy" brain receptors for me.

It is not purely ginger (I think the candles are more gingery-smelling) but I also adore citrus scents. My one complaint is that it doesn't seem to last very long.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2011 9:03:00 PM More reviews by strix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This fragrance is strong enough that it stays on all day, but it doesn’t make me sneeze. Double win! It smells like ginger and citrus, but also like an unidentifiable spice. Vanilla, maybe? It smells exactly like the Origins store, a scent that I can’t get enough of. It’s fresh, spicy, and green– no floral notes here. Every time I smell it, I think of a natural spa, an oasis with lush plants, marble tiles, tropical iced tea, and lots of Moroccan floor pillows. Maybe an elephant roaming by…but that’s just me. Very calming, relaxing, and natural.

When I review a fragrance, I like to picture what kind of woman I imagine wearing it. The Ginger Essence woman is calm and collected–no frills and no drama. She is healthy and independent. She probably has a garden, a few animals, and a slightly bohemian, yet simple style.

Ginger Essence makes a great signature scent because it is recognizable and unique, but appropriate enough to wear just about anywhere. I think it could pass as a unisex scent, though it is marketed as a women’s fragrance.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by goldfish5555

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this based on the reviews here because I tend to love all things ginger tasting/smelling. What a wonderful find! I'm absolutely in love with this scent. When you first put it on it seems a little too fizzy smelling, almost harsh. Wait a second and it mellows into something sweet, subtle, pleasant and intoxicating. I think this may be my favorite scent of all time. I've been wearing it daily for about two months and I'm about to run out. A co-worker complimented my scent the other day and asked what it was. When I told her she said "Oh yeah!" and said she loves this too. Definitely worth investigating.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by honeystix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my #1 favorite fragrance, hands down, even though I don't wear it (or any fragrance) on a daily basis. It is the only fragrance I never get sick of smelling, and one of the few that doesn't make my a bit queasy if I spray on a lot of it. I love ginger flavored things to eat and drink, so maybe that's why. The body souffle, which I also have and like, smells different-- more citrusy. The fragrance, on the other hand, really reminds me of ginger ale. I adore the Intensified version, and the original one. Perfect in any season. I had the soap and shampoo before Origins discontinued those.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by dawn65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my signature scent and has been for many years. Many of the other perfumes I own, I either wear only in the colder months or only in the warmer months. Ginger Essence is non-seasonal for me. It's spicy enough to be worn during the fall/winter, yet citrusy enough for spring/summer. There is a perfect balance between the two and one never overpowers the other. It smells warm and cozy yet energetic and invigorating. Others have stated that they do not find this to be very long-lasting, however, I layer it with both the body wash and body cream and can still smell the lingering scent at the end of the day. Whenever I wear this, someone will ask what I am wearing and tell me how good I smell. It's also my husband's favorite fragrance on me. It's a unique, fresh scent that I never tire of and will always have in my collection.