November 29, 2014 | 1534 users online

Blush - Hard Candy - Fox in a Box (all colors)

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

This stuff has some adorable packaging, but it appears pretty small in person. I saw it online and had to have it, so I went to the Walmart to pink it up and it is smaller than I had imagined. It closes with a magnet and includes a brush that I won't be using since it looks pretty flimsy and it would be best to use an actual blush brush or a kabuki brush. I got this in hot flash and found that the swirling didn't go as well as I planned. I swirled just a little bit and the hot pink was the only thing that really showed up on the brush. The color is very pigmented, so apply carefully so you don't look like a clown. It did have very great staying power, so I was happy about that. It gave me a nice flush of color for a party and when it's paired with more bronzer, you can easily achieve a sunkissed appearance. I am pretty happy with this product, but I think there are better mosaic blushes out there that would mix together better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by neonpickle

Adore this blush! I use the spicy & sweet shade, and I absolutely love it! It gives me a nice soft glow, and it lasts for quite awhile. Although, the brush inside is not my favourite, I tend to use it for my bronzer to get a nice defined line under my cheekbone, but other than that I use my big blush brush to apply this. Good to use one shade for a nice pink flush, or mix them all for a bronze-y pink glow. Super cute box as well! My favourite blush, I have tried a lot of other ones, but I always go back to this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Ruby885

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a sucker for cute packaging. So when I first saw this at Wal-Mart, my initial reaction was "Oooh! Pretty box! They look just like the Benefit Box blushes!" Anyways, I picked this up in the color Smooth Talker, which is an obvious Benefit Sugarbomb dupe. I LOVE this color. It gives my cheeks a healthy peachy glow. My only gripe is that the color does tend to fade away after a few hours and you might have to do touch ups through out the day.

The packaging, like I mentioned before, is awesome. But the brush that comes with the box, is pretty much useless and impractical. When I take this blush on the road, I usually have to take a blush brush with me, but other than that, this product is total win for me. I'll definitely be picking up a couple more colors soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by PrettyDeath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I purchased this product in "Smooth Talker" Which is a very good dupe for Benefit's Sugarbomb blush. The only difference is Smooth Talker is a bit more peachy pink, whereas Sugarbomb is more pink. There are four squares in the blush, one being a golden peach, a lavender toned mauve, a light pink, and a darker pink. This blush does have some light golden shimmer, but it's not overwhelming at all, and much better (in my opinion) than their baked blushes because it's more shimmer specks than straight up frosty, which looks really bad if you have any acne scars or wrinkles (I have acne scars). Overall, I like this blush a lot, I haven't had a problem with the packaging it comes in, and I've never attempted to use the brush it comes with, which although cute, looks totally useless. I hope to try "Spicy and Sweet" sometime soon. I recommend this product to anyone who can't afford Sugarbomb, or just wants a cute, peachy pink blush that's natural and glam at the same time.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by UrbanObsession

I was intrigued by these blushes because the packaging and shades reminded me of Benefit boxed blushes. At $6, I figured I'd try the Hard Candy Fox in a Box- I bought the shade "Truth or Dare." it has a baby pink blush and medium bronze duo that is flattering for summer months. I got home and could not wait to open this product, unfortunately it left me feeling underwhelmed. The packaging is cheap & tacky, and it is sold with the top open so when you go to close it all the way it doesn't magnetize correctly! Ugh. You can solve the problem by stacking something on top of the box to make it stay. Also the brush is comes with is useless!! It's stiff and wiry so I recommend using your own blush brush. The design on the package is very cute--pink and black, which is very sassy. On to the formula, I swirled the colors together for my first application and was very disappointed at the lack of pigmentation and overload of shimmer! After 2 hours of wear, my skin looked muddy and I wiped this stuff off. I've since tried the colors seperately and still no avail, they are more shimmery than they are pigmented! I do not recommend this if you're looking for a daily blush, it's better used as a highlight and all the glitter/sparkle in it makes me feel like I should be going to a rave! Not a fan.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I seriously cannot fault these blushes at all. I own 3 so far and I love each one equally. They are incredibly soft, pigmented and sooo blendable. The wear time is also amazing. I have combo/oily skin and blush is the one thing I have a hard time with. Seems like every blush I own fades off my face within a few hours. But these puppies have lasted a good 8 hours on me.

I apply with the ELF stippling brush because I tend to be heavy-handed with my blush.

Yeah, the packaging is a bit doofy, but who cares? The product is what counts in my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I adore thess so much I can't explain!! I love the packaging first off it is soo cute...I was surprised how very pigmented they are for 6 bucks at wallmart. This can look very natural flushed look if applied lightly and very builable.. I love this so much and that it is very buildable for day to night.This was the last spicy and sweet at my wallmart,so I was glad to get my hands on it. My box did not close properly when I first opened it I kept havening to hold it down. I was about to return it but after I applied it and saw how beautiful it looked on me I was like yeah right I don't care if the box doesn't close i'm keeping it lol but I'm glad I didn't beacuse after opening and closing it after a few days it shuts perfectly and fast now and that problem is gone..so it must have needed some loosening up!!!! All your friends will say that is soo cute and ask where did you get that from? I have never applied it with the itty bitty brush it comes with but I have heard that in one of the darker brighter pallets a guru uses it only as a highlight but I don't use it and it looks very cute in the box. This is my favorite blush and most fun to wear I love it and I recommend to anyone looking for a good quality,inexpensive,and FUN blush! It's 6 bucks and you get all that so thats alot of bang for your buck. Winner!!! BeneFit boxed powder dupe for 6 bucks I got sweet n spicy im not sure if I will try another one since it sounds like that one is the best.How can anyone not like sweet n spicy? I think these girls on here maybe bought the another shadeof fox in a box's cause I hear the other ones suck just sweet n spicy is good. I love it
rating-5
price-1
packaging-5 I love the box
buy again-yes

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2011 7:27:00 PM More reviews by swthart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Hot Flash and Spicy & Sweet. They're really pretty colors and the packaging is cute, however, I find that they don't last really long.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by NerdyGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Hot Flash... how you disappointed me. I wanted to love this color. No matter how I used a brush in it, and no matter how I applied it. That hot pink color refused to blend in with the other colors and was horribly unflattering on my fair skin. As far as the packaging.. It's not terrible in my book, it's rather cute. It's a bit unpractical and the brush is useless, but they get points for it being cute.
I wouldn't buy this shade again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2011 12:59:00 AM More reviews by starface

I wasn't too surprised with the quality of this product. Hard Candy does have some "best sellers" (Well, in my book..) The color pay off may be a bit much for my porcelain tone, but hey, I'll rock it. I do love having a flushed look, since my current foundation does wash me out. - - It comes in a box.. 'nough said. There are 5.7g's of 4 separated pigmented shadows .. all to be blended together to create a peachy-pink blush. Within a few swirls, it does come off as more of a peach then pink, so the name does not do it much justice. Each could of course be used as it's own shadow.. (Creme, tan, pink, and a deep pink). As I said, on their own they are pigmented and very build-able. - - Packaging is cute as most Hard Candy items are. I do dislike the cardboard box idea. I can't just throw this is my purse and expect it to withstand my 'roughness'. There IS a brush included, but it's worthless. I don't even feel a need to include it in this review.

Overall, I would recommend this product for a cheap find. :)